Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Expected timeline for weightloss

This may have already been a topic...if so I apologize. In November I had my lapband taken out (due to malfunction and esophageal dilation). March 24 I completed the conversion to the sleeve. What are others experiencing for weight-loss thus far (timeline for weightloss)? I'm back to working out running 2-3 miles twice a week and walking or bike riding the other days. I'm also doing lower body sculpting exercise (I'm not cleared for weights yet). I've been doing this for 2 weeks now. Since surgery I've only lost 15lbs (starting weight 211 and I just started soft food today). What am I doing wrong? Is this a normal pace for weightloss? Will it pick up now that I'm on to "real food"? Any tips/pointers appreciated. I know I'm not starting at a high BMI but I anticipated this would be a quicker process (as I have an active lifestyle and have changed the foods we eat)

In my opinion there is no such thing as a normal pace for weight loss. It is whatever your body decides it should be.

If you are getting in your Protein and drinking all your Water - then your body is doing what it needs to do.

I've watched people lose 10 pounds in a month and 50 pounds in a month - all depends on what your body wants to do.

that's pretty normal..i've lost 27 lbs in 2 months and have been on a stall for a couple of weeks..i'm not worried though.

just keep doing what your doing. looks like your pretty active

I've heard from numerous sources that those with a revision tend to lose slower than virgin sleevers, most likely due to the fact that we already eat less and weigh less than those with a virgin sleeve.

I had my revision (all at one, btw) last July 2013. I weighed 174 and yesterday I weighed in at 147, so I've now lost 27 lbs in 9 mths. My bmi is now normal, however I'd like to lose another 7 lbs (I've revised my goal weight from 130 to 140) which will make my bmi 23.3 and I will be thrilled with that. The 1st 100 lbs was much easier than the last 15, for sure.

The more u weight, the quicker it will come off. While it may take a year for someone to lose 100 lbs, it may also take a year for someone to lose only 35 lbs, depending on their weight at surgery vs how strict u are vs ur body type. Ur doing fabulous. I started getting discouraged last month after not losing any weight for 5 mths so I changed my goal weight from 130 to 140, making my goal more manageable. So since I changed it last month, I've lost 6 lbs. Not sure why but it actually worked!

Be patient. Remember that it takes time to lose weight FOREVER. It comes off alot quicker if u take it off temporarily but u tend to keep it off if u do it slower. Good luck!

Everyone's different. At my 30 day post op, I was down 25 lbs. Took me another 10 months to drop the remaining to reach my goal. Some of it dropped fast, & then maybe a stall fir a few weeks. Nevertheless, the weight dropped. So just follow the plan. Get in your Protein & fluids along with keeping up with your exercise. Be patient & you'll be pleasant surprised. Good luck to you.

I had the lapband to sleeve conversion and lost 40 pounds in 4 months. I also lost 10 pounds just prior to surgery. I am happy with my progress. How many calories are you ingesting. At one month, I was eating about 600 calories per day. You are really working out a lot if your calorie intake is about 600 calories. Maybe increase your calories or decrease your calorie burnt thru exercise and see how your body reacts. In my opinion, u r putting your body in stress mode if you are burning 200-300 calories thru exercise and not eating much.

Really, why would you think 15 pounds is bad or slow? You started at 211. Seems like a lower bmi to start with AND you are a conversion. It sounds like you are doing really well.

Everyone is different and I think expectation is the worst enemy in this whole process. I've lost 27 pounds since my surgery date of 2/4 (exactly 3 months today). I feel great, I look good, I'm working out, and I am not concerned at all about how little that looks in comparison to others. I'm not them, and my doctor said it was reasonable to expect it to take 9 months to get to goal, so if I am way off that track, then I'll worry.

You're doing great, this isn't a race, it is a journey. Stop and smell the roses, enjoy the road you are on all the way to your destination.