Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't Believe it! Is this REALLTY Happening for Me?

CG,

Wow!!! Thank You!

You're the kick a$$ lapband queen, who wrote the book about being sexxy!! The transformation you've made is just amazing! I've read so many of your posts and gained so much knowledge from you and your journey that it helped me through mine.

Funny you should say something about attitudes because when I signed on here for the first time that was the first thing that drew me to you and 2muchfun! I love WHAT you have to say and HOW you say it. You along with 2muchfun, Bandista, Gowalking, Catfish and several others have tremendously helped me along this journey so thank you very much for all your support and encoragement with HONEST advice (especially about me being a sexy thang....HAHA, JJ)

I just returned from seeing my surgeon and found out that I've EXCEED MY GOAL!!! The tears just won't stop flowing! I'm setting here in disbelief that this is actually happening. One year ago I was setting in this very chair with tears flowing because I was so miserably overweight that I could barely bend over to tie my shoes and even though I knew my surgery was a GO I sat here with that hopeless feeling wondering if this plastic little ring was really going to help me. As I reflect on the past 11 months it all just seems so unreal and hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I'm where I am today. I go in every month to see my Dr. so of I course I knew I was 6lbs away from goal but to see those numbers and to hear someone say you made it, you passed it, is life changing!!!

For anyone who's thinking about this surgery, or is in a rut wondering why you had the surgery, it's ALL worth it!!! The 2 week pre-op (or whatever your doctor orders), the discomfort from surgery, the 6 weeks of bandster hell because you're sick of liquids and mushies, the starving all the time until your first fill, the balancing act of how much Fluid is enough, I'm in the green zone or the yellow or red, It's ALL worth it!

I NEVER truly thought when I had this surgery this would happen for me the way it has. I knew I was determined and that failure wasn't an option but I never thought the outcome would look like this!

My life has changed in so many ways. First and foremost, I'm healthy!!! I can walk up a flight of stairs without being winded, play sports with my kids, buy whatever I want in the stores and no longer have to wonder if it comes in my size, I don't have to worry about flying and praying the seat belt fits around me. I'm so much happier, the small things in life just seem to make it all worth while and before I missed so many of them because I was so unhappy and self concious. One of the greatest feelings is not feeling like an embarassement to my husband and kids (not that they ever made me think I was), but when your mom is 34 years old and is as wide as she is tall, it's hard to be proud of that I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong it's not all sunshine and roses, but it is what you make it and if you put 100% into it you're going to get a good return on your investment!

Now it's time to move onto the next phase, life long maintenance which scares the hell out of me to be quite honest!!!! I know however that this time I've made a lifestyle change, unlike with past diets, where when once you've reached your goal you think you're "done" so you start raiding the pantry because "you've earned it", this time I know it's all about balance and doing things I know I can LIVE WITH AND WITHOUT for the REST OF MY LIFE.

This group is an amazing source or support and information!!! Thank you!

great story and GREAT f**king pictures you sexy THANG

thanks for sharing.....love your attitude.....

what i loved the most was your quote (you need to use for your siggy)

*I know it's all about balance and doing things I know I can LIVE WITH AND WITHOUT for the REST OF MY LIFE*

enjoythetime and gowalking and 2muchfun and everyone else that responded to this post THANK YOU!!! you all have made my day...now I am going to walk down this very long hallway to a meeting...so at least I get alittle exercise in for today. You all inspire me soooooooooooooooooooooo much...it is so appreciated!!!

Yes Gowalking, I couldn't agree more! We have many similaries, our approach, our outlook, our advice and just our way of thinking seems to be right in line with one another!

Congrats to you as wel! You're an inspiration and have made an amazing transformation!! I've read your posts and you've helped me through my journey and that's what this forum is all about! I just hope I can do the same for someone else!

We need to stay in touch with one another more and encourage each other as we find our way through the maintenance stage. Here's to the rest of our lives, free, happy, and healthy!!

Congrats to you!

I'm glad I saw this post now and not earlier. I'ts no coincidence that you and I approach weight loss similarly....and we have both been more successful than we ever expected.

First off, many congrats on your success. I can't say it better than everyone else already did...you look simply spectacular and just as important, your post was spectacular as well. Sounds like something I would write. Living happier, healthier lives. Eating small but well balanced meals and not depriving...but using common sense.

I too am focusiing on the maintenance phase and wanting to stay this size for the rest of my life. My goal now is for people to forget what I used to look like, and think that I was always this size. The compliments are nice but I can't wait till no one even thinks about my weight loss anymore.

I also miss some of those who posted when I first came onto this site. But I've made some very good friends with folks newer to this site than I am so I guess it all evens out.

People like enjoythetime and myself and other successful bandsters are good for this site. I know we help those who are looking for inspiration. I recall well, reading Missy and CG's posts because they were direct, no-nonsense, and encouraging.

Keep up the good fight, and again congrats to you on all your successes.

Congratulations on meeting your goal! You are an inspiration! You look AMAZING! I hope to be joining you in a few months!

Thank you countrysweet (love that name by the way)! You will be girl you're rockin' it!!! So excited for you! 87lbs since Dec. is amazing!!!

Congratulations on meeting your goal! You are an inspiration! You look AMAZING! I hope to be joining you in a few months!

CarolinaGirl still trades emails with her I believe? I haven't heard from her since November. You know sometimes I go back and look at old threads to see how some people came to be where they are in their journey and I run across all these old posts from people who used to post here all the time. I guess some people have lives ourside of this forum huh? :lol: Anyway, I wonder about Floridays, sojourner, ms maui and others. Hope they're thin and happy!

Hi. I'm here on and off. I want to be here more, but enrolled in school and homework is kinda killing me. But enjoying it at the same time.

You're right though, I do find some of the oldies have found lives or something. I know I need to come back to stay focused. I love seeing the transformations of individuals. I took pics of myself at the beginning, and I can sometimes see it in myself and other times not.

What I do feel is fantastic.

Sometimes people do not realize when you have the band, you're supposed to follow the rules given to you by your doctor to actually see results. High Protein, low carb, no carbonation drinks, no chocolatta fruitatta anything drinks, drink Water Water water, and you'll see results. Along with exercise.

It isn't easy. The band is a tool. And any tool used incorrectly can fail.

But getting back to what I was saying, I got off track. When I'm not here, I do miss everyone. You are a big part of me. Even though I've lost, I still need you all. And I imagine, when I hit goal, I will continue to need you.

Stay strong and focused all!!!

Your picture is AWESOME!!!

Edited by Shazam

Amazing! I can't imagine how proud you must be! Thanks for posting, stories like yours help a newbie like me keep the faith!

enjoythetime, on 23 Apr 2014 - 10:24, said:

CG,

Wow!!! Thank You!

You're the kick a$$ lapband queen, who wrote the book about being sexxy!! The transformation you've made is just amazing! I've read so many of your posts and gained so much knowledge from you and your journey that it helped me through mine.

Funny you should say something about attitudes because when I signed on here for the first time that was the first thing that drew me to you and 2muchfun! I love WHAT you have to say and HOW you say it. You along with 2muchfun, Bandista, Gowalking, Catfish and several others have tremendously helped me along this journey so thank you very much for all your support and encoragement with HONEST advice (especially about me being a sexy thang....HAHA, JJ)

madam, your attitude makes you OOZE sexy thang appeal

and of course your pictures speak massive volumes..

you inspire me and others that yes, the WLS we have works and YES

life is good....

ATTA girl....

CG

I just returned from seeing my surgeon and found out that I've EXCEED MY GOAL!!! The tears just won't stop flowing! I'm setting here in disbelief that this is actually happening. One year ago I was setting in this very chair with tears flowing because I was so miserably overweight that I could barely bend over to tie my shoes and even though I knew my surgery was a GO I sat here with that hopeless feeling wondering if this plastic little ring was really going to help me. As I reflect on the past 11 months it all just seems so unreal and hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I'm where I am today. I go in every month to see my Dr. so of I course I knew I was 6lbs away from goal but to see those numbers and to hear someone say you made it, you passed it, is life changing!!!

For anyone who's thinking about this surgery, or is in a rut wondering why you had the surgery, it's ALL worth it!!! The 2 week pre-op (or whatever your doctor orders), the discomfort from surgery, the 6 weeks of bandster hell because you're sick of liquids and mushies, the starving all the time until your first fill, the balancing act of how much Fluid is enough, I'm in the green zone or the yellow or red, It's ALL worth it!

I NEVER truly thought when I had this surgery this would happen for me the way it has. I knew I was determined and that failure wasn't an option but I never thought the outcome would look like this!

My life has changed in so many ways. First and foremost, I'm healthy!!! I can walk up a flight of stairs without being winded, play sports with my kids, buy whatever I want in the stores and no longer have to wonder if it comes in my size, I don't have to worry about flying and praying the seat belt fits around me. I'm so much happier, the small things in life just seem to make it all worth while and before I missed so many of them because I was so unhappy and self concious. One of the greatest feelings is not feeling like an embarassement to my husband and kids (not that they ever made me think I was), but when your mom is 34 years old and is as wide as she is tall, it's hard to be proud of that I'm sure.

Don't get me wrong it's not all sunshine and roses, but it is what you make it and if you put 100% into it you're going to get a good return on your investment!

Now it's time to move onto the next phase, life long maintenance which scares the hell out of me to be quite honest!!!! I know however that this time I've made a lifestyle change, unlike with past diets, where when once you've reached your goal you think you're "done" so you start raiding the pantry because "you've earned it", this time I know it's all about balance and doing things I know I can LIVE WITH AND WITHOUT for the REST OF MY LIFE.

This group is an amazing source or support and information!!! Thank you!

great story and GREAT f**king pictures you sexy THANG

thanks for sharing.....love your attitude.....

what i loved the most was your quote (you need to use for your siggy)

*I know it's all about balance and doing things I know I can LIVE WITH AND WITHOUT for the REST OF MY LIFE*

That is wonderful! So happy for you. I hope I experience that feeling some day!

All I can say is if I ever have to walk down a dark alley at midnight, id want you by my side ! Attitude is everything !! Congrats! You look amazing and should be very proud of yourself for your hard work ! You are a great inspiration to others !! Way to go !!

@ pink dahlia

Wow! This brought tears to my eyes!!!

I hope you never find yourself in a dark alley at midnight BUT if you do, I definitely got your back!!!!! You're doing an amazing job yourself girl!!! Thanks again for the words of encoragement!!! People like you make this site a wonderful place to be!!

All I can say is if I ever have to walk down a dark alley at midnight, id want you by my side ! Attitude is everything !! Congrats! You look amazing and should be very proud of yourself for your hard work ! You are a great inspiration to others !! Way to go !!

@@enjoythetime Holy WOW!

You look amazing and your transformation is phenomenal as @@2muchfun said!

I love the beautiful smile in EVERY one of your pics in your gallery!

I loved your post on what you are doing/have done to get yourself to where you are!!! It really hit home.

And I also have 2 small children….they are our exercise!!!! :D (and our joy!)

Congrats and thanks for sharing…what a tremendous inspiration! :rolleyes:

wowee zowee babe! ur babeolicious! bet u never htought of that one before! exceeded...i hope that's me.i start my preop diet in a week adn a day...have to get off caffeine too
(and i am half swedish adn we love our coffee!
)