Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Imus show suspended due to racial comments

foodstampchamp,

I am 5'7' although sometimes, I swear the doc says 5'6". I thinkit is the way i stand (lol). Even though i try to stand straight, the nurse at my doc's office is about 5'1. So, i don't think she can reach (lol).

sorry, hit twice by accident then it told me I am not allowed to must wait 20 sec between posts so thought i didn't post at all (gotta love these pcs).

I know there are people who do this sort of thing, but outside your own family circle, it probably makes people uncomfortable. I have a daughter-in-law whose sister has a biracial baby. The baby's (white) grandfather calls him "my little niglet". It's their family and if they think it's funny, it's not my place to make an issue of it. Still....I shudder everytime I hear him do that.

I don't remember my mom calling us this outside of our little family circle. She may have and I don't remember, I don't remember anyone being offended if she did. To be honeset with you I don't remember anything but love when it came to my mother. Well, love and sacrifice. I don't think there is anything wrong with you shuddering when you hear that. You cannot help the way you feel. I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same way you do.

foodstampchamp, how tall are you? BTW, i always wanted a younger sister, you sure my dad wasn't out your way? Maybe your dad was out my way? (lmao)

Carlene, i don't know why, but that example bothers me too. more so then the meximutt. Niglet probaly because of the n word beinghalf in there, whereas the meximutt just means mexican and some other blood. If her mom had said "spicmutt" i think that would bother me too. But you are correct, but one keeps inthe family is their buisness as we are not at 1984 yet (lol). But you do worry if hte n word is being used so easily with a child, whenthey grow up they will use it too , possibly , and not realize until too late that it is bad (like school, where they will give her/him and inschool suspension).

I do know one thing. If I ever would have said the "n" word or or spic, or anything like that in in front of my mother, I would have probably been picking myself up off the floor. She was a bit too strict in my opinion, We were not even allowed to say the word "crap". She did not tolerate disrespect in any way. If someone asked us a question, no matter who it was, we had to answer in a respectful way. For instance If someone asked me or my brother if we had a good day in school and we said "yeah" we got in trouble. We had to answer "yes" or "no" or "yes maam" or "yes sir". "yeah" or "nah" were not acceptable words. I always thought that was too strict but as a mother now, I do think it sounds awful when my daughter says "yeah".

I agree. When we were kids, it all seems strict, but it really did teach us respect and manners. When we were kids, inmy house, you were even allowed to say the word gas as in "he had gas". It was "he passed wind". My sis and I used to joke, "well, who did he pass it to?" Oh boy would we get "the look". Knew to shut up then. Funny, how my parents never hit, and my dad didn't even yell, but the "look" would stop you mid sentence.

foodstampchamp, how tall are you? BTW, i always wanted a younger sister, you sure my dad wasn't out your way? Maybe your dad was out my way? (lmao)

I am 5 foot 2. It's so funny that you say that about your dad. YOu definatley don't want to say your dad could possibly be my dad. My father was very abusive to us and our mother and he is the reason we live in the United States because we escaped here to get away from him. He has also had (don't quote me on this number) around 9 other kids by another 5 women I have heard. My brother and I are the oldest. Last I knew of him we were testifying against him in court right before my brother got cancer and he was sent to prison shortly there after at Ft. Leavenworth Prison. I'm sure he is out by now but I don't know. I always wonder what happened to him.

I agree. When we were kids, it all seems strict, but it really did teach us respect and manners. When we were kids, inmy house, you were even allowed to say the word gas as in "he had gas". It was "he passed wind". My sis and I used to joke, "well, who did he pass it to?" Oh boy would we get "the look". Knew to shut up then. Funny, how my parents never hit, and my dad didn't even yell, but the "look" would stop you mid sentence.

I only remember getting spanked by my mom one time. I remember it was really hard not to laugh as it was very weak and didn't hurt. I would have rather been spanked by my mom than be grounded from hanging out with my friends any day.

I am sorry to hear about your dad's treatment of a family he should have adored. My dad died a few years ago from n aggressive sarcoma.. It was a rare form and took him pretty quickly. My mom is still alive and we are close, but I was daddy's little girl, born on his birthday and all. I will say one thing though, you didn't let it ruin your life. you are a very open person. Something else we have in common. I had some trauma in my life too as a child, and yet I persevered. I also had a husband that was an abuser. More emotional abuser, pushing and shoving, screaming in your face, but then he was getting worse and worse (as if he other wasn't bad enough), and i seemed to snap out o fit and came to my senses. My family hated him even though they didn't know what was going on. It was like I was in a trance when I met him. really weird. but, typical me, i bounced back and have been on a Quest to better myself.

I must get to bed. believe it or not, i am sore where I got my fill today. basically because I have a sit down job and from sitting all day it feels like it has been compressed. i need to lie down and let it get "unsore". It has been great talking with you. I will be checking tomorrow. You are truly an amazing, honest and open person. How many kids do you have? I have 2 girls. almost 14 and 7.5, they are a blessing, althought the 14 yr old can be trying, she is a great kid with a big heart. I look at them and know my life was worth all i had to go through. They are the proof that everything happens for a reason, maybe to prepare us to be good moms, better people, pet lovers, i don't know. Well, I am falling asleep here, as i am getting old (lol). Talk to you tomorrow.

I must get to bed. believe it or not, i am sore where I got my fill today. basically because I have a sit down job and from sitting all day it feels like it has been compressed. i need to lie down and let it get "unsore". It has been great talking with you. I will be checking tomorrow. You are truly an amazing, honest and open person. How many kids do you have? I have 2 girls. almost 14 and 7.5, they are a blessing, althought the 14 yr old can be trying, she is a great kid with a big heart. I look at them and know my life was worth all i had to go through. They are the proof that everything happens for a reason, maybe to prepare us to be good moms, better people, pet lovers, i don't know. Well, I am falling asleep here, as i am getting old (lol). Talk to you tomorrow.

I have two kids. A daughter who is going to be 11 and a son who is going to be 4. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 12 years this September. My daughter is exceptionally smart (not just saying this because I'm her mother) She was recently put in the "gifted and talented" program at school and is in college level reading comprehension, spelling, science, and vocabulary classes. My son is opposite in the fact that he is not as easy to handle as my daughter. He was born deaf (he has had a little hearing out of one ear since a surgery he had about a year and a half ago. He doesn't really talk much due to his hearing loss but he is saying the sentence "What the hell?" quite a bit lately. Clear as a bell too. We are just so happy that he is talking. Although we would rather that not be the what he chooses to say. He is very amusing though. We are in the process of really trying to clean up our mouths. It was really great talking to you too. And thanks for the kind words. They are few and far between on this thread. Breath of fresh air. Have a good nights sleep, I must finish a paper I am writing for my Political Science class.

Sheila- The only reason I am replying to your email here is because I made this a public thread and I want to tell you in front of everyone I do accept and appreciate your apology. I have to say I love that you stand by what you say and you don't let people persuade you into feeling what they feel. I think I did say something negative about Jesse Jackson and I didn't really mean to lump him in anything negative as I don't know as much as I probably should about him so I didn't want to say anything bad about him as I don't feel I have done enough research on him to be fair in any judgements good or bad that I might say about him. I stand by what I said about Al Sharpton. I also want to apolgoize if I said anything that crossed the line about YOU specfically and/or your character. No matter how angry I got at what was said by you or anyone else, I tried to keep a cool head and not attack your personal character which I probably did anyways and for that I do apologize. I also tried to remember that I was on here fighting for free speech whether it was offensive or not. I do think some things that were said, (and right now I am not necessarily just talking about you and me,) were over the top. But it is allowed to be said just the same, no matter how much it bothered me. Nothing I like to see more than a strong woman with a strong pride in who she is. You are definately in my opinion one of those women. Have a good evening too.

When we were kids, inmy house, you were even allowed to say the word gas as in "he had gas". It was "he passed wind". .

LOL....when my kids were little, I used to say, "You shot a bunny!".

Ok, so he can't call people names but we can call him "ugly old creep". Hmmm.....interesting.

What he said was definately mean and totally uncalled for. I must admit I had never even heard of this guy until all this happened.

I have a question though. People have been talking about is there or isn't there a double standard when it comes to use of words, etc. Remember that movie "White Chicks", where 2 black guys pretended to be white girls? I've only seen parts of the movie and it was good, but my question is.....what would happen if some white guys made a movie called "Black Chicks" and did the same type of thing? Would that be OK or would there be an outrage? I'm just really curious because I do believe there is a bit of a double standard and that's ok by me.

To me it's like - I can call my sister a bitch but I'll be damned if anybody else can! You know??

:noidea: :noidea:

He wasn't just ''Calling people names''. Those words are particularly derogatory and frankly nasty and horrifying to people of African American descent I would imagine. It must be so hard living in a society that is so dominated by one cultural group. It may be valuable to see the world through the eyes of others sometimes.

Susannah

I loved that movie White Chicks! None of my friends got it or me for that matter. Did you know that it won a Razzie for being super bad?