Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Imus show suspended due to racial comments

You don't have to agree with me and vice versa! You should go for another psych eval...your comments have been off the wall! Then you threw your mom in this mess. Yeah you got issues!

I had no intentions of "throwing my mom into this mess". How my mom got into this was I referred to myself as a mexi-mutt and when asked why I would do such a thing, I answered honestly by saying that my mom used to call my brother and I that when we were growing up. Also, it was in a very non-mean way. Then my mother was accused of being not only a bad mother but was also compared to a rapist. Although that did bother me, it is the right of anyone to say that about my mother. I absolutely thought it was harsh and over the top but it is the right of everyone here to say what they want. It is also your right to attack me and my mental status. I do think you and some other people on this board are being quite mean to those who do not share your opinions. I find it funny that I'm accused of being awful by calling someone a half breed (which i have admitted numerous times was wrong) yet there is nothing wrong with comparing my mother to a rapist.

The band must be around your brain...in that case Chrissy (Threes Company) I'm gonna let you try to convince others to agree with you since it didn't work on me! Buenos noches, little little girl.

I almost spit out my food on that one.:nervous

I had no intentions of "throwing my mom into this mess". How my mom got into this was I referred to myself as a mexi-mutt and when asked why I would do such a thing, I answered honestly by saying that my mom used to call my brother and I that when we were growing up. Also, it was in a very non-mean way. Then my mother was accused of being not only a bad mother but was also compared to a rapist. Although that did bother me, it is the right of anyone to say that about my mother. I absolutely thought it was harsh and over the top but it is the right of everyone here to say what they want. It is also your right to attack me and my mental status. I do think you and some other people on this board are being quite mean to those who do not share your opinions. I find it funny that I'm accused of being awful by calling someone a half breed (which i have admitted numerous times was wrong) yet there is nothing wrong with comparing my mother to a rapist.

Okay, I have stopped laughing....

Are you referring to me? I didn't compare your mother to a rapist. I gave you an example of how bad actions don't change the bad things you did in life. People may view you differently, but you still do the action. I don't know how else to explain it to you. How on Earth did you get that I compared your mother to a rapist? I don't know your mother...

Question: Did your doctor require a psych eval?

The band must be around your brain...in that case Chrissy (Threes Company) I'm gonna let you try to convince others to agree with you since it didn't work on me! Buenos noches, little little girl.

I'm not trying to convince anybody to agree with me. I think out of everyone on this thread, I'm the main one fighting for all of us to have the freedom to not only have our own opinions but be able to state them. Look, even though I am not verbally attacking you, you continue to do it to me with the band being around my brain comment. You have also insinuated quite a few times in this thread that I'm an immature child and have mental issues. Yet I'm not saying mean things to you. I'm not resorting to the childish behavior of calling you names nor will I ever. It really seems like you are making snap judgements towards people. Wow, that sounds familiar, who else seems to be making snap judgments about people....hmmmmmmmmm, oh that's right. Imus.

It is very un-nerving to me that someone who's got such a beautiful face seems very mean and intolerant.

(notice I said the word "seems". I don't think you can completely judge someone's character based on what a message board says.)

Tommy O,

If you actually read the rest of my post, I said that some are true and some aren't. I do not believe all Irish are a bunch of drunks, but there is some truth to an Irish wake. I was in Ireland for weeks as I was engaged to an I rish fellow from there, quite a sweet country. I was very confused when we were "going to mass". I thought I was going to church. Instead we were at teh local pub. However, it is not like everyopne was drunk. The irish use this as a social gathering. There were whole families there, grandpas and grandmas down to little "babbies". They did "sing-song" the real kareoke and everyone has to take a turn. Outsiders or someone who didn't like the irish would say..drunks. Others wouldn't. But the fact that they gather at pubs and have alcohol at wakes, to some tea-totelers would be considered drunks. Not me, I say live and let live. However, just a note, I did break up with him because his life style was centered on guiness a bit too much for my lifestyle (lol).

All,

Diversity is a great thing. However, I don't have to embrace everybody no matter what. THAT is my prerogative. However, I feel (and the law says) that no one should be denied for the color of their skin, the blood that runs through their veins not the gender of the body, nor for the age of that body. Again, IMUS didn't get fired because it was wrong what he said (although it was). he was fired because of money. I would love to think that the world is as nice as most of us and as idealistic, but it is NOT> If it were then you wouldn't have sex slavery going on as we speak. Funny How I don't see any really big attacks by the Govt on this stuff. A feeble attempt here and there. Why? because it is mostly against women. Most poor women that no one heard of, so there is no money to suffer without.

Don't get too personal with all the bad talk, and guess what? I took plenty of those classes (even with a science degree) but I also took classes on the streets of life.

Tommy O,

If you actually read the rest of my post, I said that some are true and some aren't. I do not believe all Irish are a bunch of drunks, but there is some truth to an Irish wake. I was in Ireland for weeks as I was engaged to an I rish fellow from there, quite a sweet country. I was very confused when we were "going to mass". I thought I was going to church. Instead we were at teh local pub. However, it is not like everyopne was drunk. The irish use this as a social gathering. There were whole families there, grandpas and grandmas down to little "babbies". They did "sing-song" the real kareoke and everyone has to take a turn. Outsiders or someone who didn't like the irish would say.drunks. Others wouldn't. But the fact that they gather at pubs and have alcohol at wakes, to some tea-totelers would be considered drunks. Not me, I say live and let live. However, just a note, I did break up with him because his life style was centered on guiness a bit too much for my lifestyle (lol).

There was a guy on my crew (who was actually killed a few months ago in a mining accident involving only a six foot fall) who was always calling me myrish. He would say it so fast that I never knew what he was calling me and I didn't get it (plus it is super loud in the mine, hard to hear people.) It wasn't till last week that somebody told me he was calling me that as a cross between the words mexican irish. Doy , I didn't get it. No point in me saying that story except when I found out what he was calling me it did make me chuckle a bit. I'm starting to wonder if I'm SUPPOSED to get mad at that kind of thing. I find myself asking the question, Am I wrong to not be mad at that?

no, I don't think you are wrong. You just look at folks in a good light and don't think they are sayingit to be mean but to be funny. I do that too. Sometimes though,I realize with some people..hey, they didn't mean that in a good way, but those times are rare.

your job sounds so unique. I know that thiswill sound weird, but, I really haven't thpought about goldminers in this day and age. We sort of take it for granted like a machine does it all now. We hear of coal miners and such, but haven't heard of gold miners in modern day. My friend just told me he saw a special on it like on discovery channel or something.

Foodstampchamp, we are very much alike. Even our start weight and goal weights are the same (lol). That is so funny.

My mom used to call me and my twin her little mexi-mutts when we were little. I'm not an oversensitive crybaby about it though. And I don't think my mom was being mean to us. I also think my mom had a wonderful sense of humor.

I know there are people who do this sort of thing, but outside your own family circle, it probably makes people uncomfortable. I have a daughter-in-law whose sister has a biracial baby. The baby's (white) grandfather calls him "my little niglet". It's their family and if they think it's funny, it's not my place to make an issue of it. Still....I shudder everytime I hear him do that.

Carlene, i don't know why, but that example bothers me too. more so then the meximutt. Niglet probaly because of the n word beinghalf in there, whereas the meximutt just means mexican and some other blood. If her mom had said "spicmutt" i think that would bother me too. But you are correct, but one keeps inthe family is their buisness as we are not at 1984 yet (lol). But you do worry if hte n word is being used so easily with a child, whenthey grow up they will use it too , possibly , and not realize until too late that it is bad (like school, where they will give her/him and inschool suspension).

Foodstampchamp, we are very much alike. Even our start weight and goal weights are the same (lol). That is so funny.

cool, how tall are you if you don't mind me asking.

foodstampchamp,

I am 5'7' although sometimes, I swear the doc says 5'6". I thinkit is the way i stand (lol). Even though i try to stand straight, the nurse at my doc's office is about 5'1. So, i don't think she can reach (lol).