Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is day one of my 12 day pre-op liquid diet. I am not liking the fact that I still have to cook 3 meals a day for the family! :angry: Anyway, my surgery is scheduled for 5/8 and I am so excited--a little scared too. Surgery is a big deal but I know it is the right thing for me. I have been sipping on Water all day and I think :unsure: it might help the hunger go away. QueenBeeBee- I hear ya-- I think I am getting the "hangry" feeling too. But, we can do this! Plus, what other choice do we have? Good luck!!!

Hey Law001 hang in there some how it does go by....for me not so much I'm having a really hard time on this and I hate it and I have 4 more days to go so it's nearly done but I'm hungry all the time which makes me edgey. I'm a sook and I'm hopeless at this but I really hope it gets easier for u it will pass dde0a when is ur sleeve day?

Hi @@QueenBeeBee,

I'm doing ok. Hungry and nasty...lol I have 10days left of this!! I can't take the sweetness of all these shakes! Never thought I'd say that I don't want anything sweet. I wish I were able to have a meal for dinner. I'm getting sleeved on 5/7 and I'm sitting here thinking that it will be a long time before I can actually eat again. Makes me a little sad :(

I just hope that I'm doing the right thing. My biggest problem is keeping the weight off not actually losing it.

Idk I think this pre op diet/torture is making me crazy!!! Lol

Today is day one of my 12 day pre-op liquid diet. I am not liking the fact that I still have to cook 3 meals a day for the family! :angry: Anyway, my surgery is scheduled for 5/8 and I am so excited--a little scared too. Surgery is a big deal but I know it is the right thing for me. I have been sipping on Water all day and I think :unsure: it might help the hunger go away. QueenBeeBee- I hear ya-- I think I am getting the "hangry" feeling too. But, we can do this! Plus, what other choice do we have? Good luck!!!

Hi Amanda! yeah i know it sucks!!!! lol i hate the entire thing.....oh and i've had a stall in the weight loss just to make this experience even more aweful lmao yeahhh im peeing every three seconds lolllll the hangry feeling is horrible but warn your friends and family whats going on and they will cut u some slack lol I do hope it gets easier for you :) Hang in there all i can say is it will be over soon :)

Hey Law001 hang in there some how it does go by....for me not so much I'm having a really hard time on this and I hate it and I have 4 more days to go so it's nearly done but I'm hungry all the time which makes me edgey. I'm a sook and I'm hopeless at this but I really hope it gets easier for u it will pass dde0a when is ur sleeve day?

Hi @@QueenBeeBee,

I'm doing ok. Hungry and nasty...lol I have 10days left of this!! I can't take the sweetness of all these shakes! Never thought I'd say that I don't want anything sweet. I wish I were able to have a meal for dinner. I'm getting sleeved on 5/7 and I'm sitting here thinking that it will be a long time before I can actually eat again. Makes me a little sad :(

I just hope that I'm doing the right thing. My biggest problem is keeping the weight off not actually losing it.

Idk I think this pre op diet/torture is making me crazy!!! Lol

Hey Law001 hang in there buddy!!!!!!! rant and rave here...not long now... :) it will be done soon....i cant wait till its over and im feeling your pain!!!! this pre opp is just bull!!!!!! have you been tracking calories and stuff? my fitness pal is telling me that im not getting enough bla bla bla lol so annoying apparently pushing our bodies into starvation is not good loll what do they know ;) just playing im delirious at this point hahahah hope you enjoy your weekend :)

Hi @@QueenBeeBee, I'm doing ok. Hungry and nasty...lol I have 10days left of this!! I can't take the sweetness of all these shakes! Never thought I'd say that I don't want anything sweet. I wish I were able to have a meal for dinner. I'm getting sleeved on 5/7 and I'm sitting here thinking that it will be a long time before I can actually eat again. Makes me a little sad :( I just hope that I'm doing the right thing. My biggest problem is keeping the weight off not actually losing it. Idk I think this pre op diet/torture is making me crazy!!! Lol

Try adding a shot of espresso to the shake to kill the sweet flavour it works well

Try adding a shot of espresso to the shake to kill the sweet flavour it works well

Omg yessss I add coffee to my morning shake I add it to chocolate and it's a mocha I add it to vanilla and we have vanilla late! It gets me excited lok

Hello!!

I wish I could add coffee or espresso but I'm not allowed caffeine :(

I cheated a little last night. Took my girls to the movies and had a few handfuls of popcorn. I've already lost 4lbs so I'm happy about that...

My biggest issue now is DOUBT. I really don't know if this is the right choice for me. The hunger is one thing but the biggest problem I am having is the monotony of the shakes, Jello & broth. I can't imagine having to do this for months...

I have the support of my husband who's doing the liquid diet with me but the rest of my family are completely unsupportive and against the surgery. They feel that I'm not "big enough"! I am 5'4 and 203lbs.

I am so confused!! Lol

When will we be able to eat real food again?? I think about 6weeks...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Just had my last meal for a while! It was a mcdonalds grilled chicken salad. It was tasty! Clear Liquids only tomorrow! That's going to be rough while I'm working all day tomorrow! Surgery Tuesday! :-) went and got some gas ex strips and lip balm to take with me to the hospital. Excited for this huge opportunity to give me a tool to manage my weight! And nervous of course. ;-)

Hello!! I wish I could add coffee or espresso but I'm not allowed caffeine :( I cheated a little last night. Took my girls to the movies and had a few handfuls of popcorn. I've already lost 4lbs so I'm happy about that... My biggest issue now is DOUBT. I really don't know if this is the right choice for me. The hunger is one thing but the biggest problem I am having is the monotony of the shakes, Jello & broth. I can't imagine having to do this for months... I have the support of my husband who's doing the liquid diet with me but the rest of my family are completely unsupportive and against the surgery. They feel that I'm not "big enough"! I am 5'4 and 203lbs. I am so confused!! Lol When will we be able to eat real food again?? I think about 6weeks... Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

you're right. This is a huge decision and you won't be able to eat for about 5 weeks after. Then, after 5 weeks, you still won't be able to eat some things that you really want: Pasta, bread, rice, salad. It's a major major surgery. I had to do it. I get sad when I see other people eating and all I can stomach is 1/2 cup of jello. And that's after doing all broth all week because the jello was too heavy. I would never try to sway you one way or another but make sure you've thought about it and are sure you want to do it. Like everyone says, this changes your entire lifestyle. Regardless of the lack of variety and substance I've had to go on for about the past month~ I know this was the right choice for me. You just have to really look inside yourself and find the answer. Don't let your family decide for you. If my family had decided, I would have had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner tonight vs that 1/2 cup of jello. Be strong! You can do it if you really want it!

Hello!!

I wish I could add coffee or espresso but I'm not allowed caffeine :(

I cheated a little last night. Took my girls to the movies and had a few handfuls of popcorn. I've already lost 4lbs so I'm happy about that...

My biggest issue now is DOUBT. I really don't know if this is the right choice for me. The hunger is one thing but the biggest problem I am having is the monotony of the shakes, Jello & broth. I can't imagine having to do this for months...

I have the support of my husband who's doing the liquid diet with me but the rest of my family are completely unsupportive and against the surgery. They feel that I'm not "big enough"! I am 5'4 and 203lbs.

I am so confused!! Lol

When will we be able to eat real food again?? I think about 6weeks...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey Law001

Congratualtions on your 4lbs loss thats pretty good dont worry about the popcorn lol

I know what you mean my S-Day is THURSDAY omg 2 days away and im going back and forth ive lost 7kg or 15lbs i think wow ur doing so well on theses shakes.. u could keep it up....until i get hungry no starving!!! then the thoughts of bad food kick in. i love food i can eat and eat and eat i have no stop button. personally i have done it all worked out and diet and im good at it until i slip up and then bang one bad habit two bad habits and by the time i know it im downing 3 burgers and some fries and going back for a sundae....

ive decided that i need help.... i dont see the wls as a quick fix for me its like a reset...and rebooting myself to learn how to eat like a normal person you know

i dont know if it makes sense to you but thats how it is for me. i cant yoyo anymore im just over it and want to stop being so hungry all the time! :)

so surgery i think is the way to go...just the quality of life and the increase in life expectancy...being able to get pregnant and not worry about weight limitations at a hospital you know.....all that stuff..... :P

Just had my last meal for a while! It was a mcdonalds grilled chicken salad. It was tasty! Clear liquids only tomorrow! That's going to be rough while I'm working all day tomorrow! Surgery Tuesday! :-) went and got some gas ex strips and lip balm to take with me to the hospital. Excited for this huge opportunity to give me a tool to manage my weight! And nervous of course. ;-)

Hey Beetero

that sounds amazing lol how did you go with your clear liquids? good luck on your surgery please keep us posted!!!!! im on thursday....how are you feeling?

Hello!! I wish I could add coffee or espresso but I'm not allowed caffeine :( I cheated a little last night. Took my girls to the movies and had a few handfuls of popcorn. I've already lost 4lbs so I'm happy about that... My biggest issue now is DOUBT. I really don't know if this is the right choice for me. The hunger is one thing but the biggest problem I am having is the monotony of the shakes, Jello & broth. I can't imagine having to do this for months... I have the support of my husband who's doing the liquid diet with me but the rest of my family are completely unsupportive and against the surgery. They feel that I'm not "big enough"! I am 5'4 and 203lbs. I am so confused!! Lol When will we be able to eat real food again?? I think about 6weeks... Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

you're right. This is a huge decision and you won't be able to eat for about 5 weeks after. Then, after 5 weeks, you still won't be able to eat some things that you really want: Pasta, bread, rice, salad. It's a major major surgery. I had to do it. I get sad when I see other people eating and all I can stomach is 1/2 cup of Jello. And that's after doing all broth all week because the jello was too heavy. I would never try to sway you one way or another but make sure you've thought about it and are sure you want to do it. Like everyone says, this changes your entire lifestyle. Regardless of the lack of variety and substance I've had to go on for about the past month~ I know this was the right choice for me. You just have to really look inside yourself and find the answer. Don't let your family decide for you. If my family had decided, I would have had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner tonight vs that 1/2 cup of jello. Be strong! You can do it if you really want it!

Hi Redlove :)

Thats some good advice :) i agree with you i know the first few months are tough but it gets better and it will be worth it....:) How are you feeling now after your surgery?

Hey Law001 Congratualtions on your 4lbs loss thats pretty good dont worry about the popcorn lol I know what you mean my S-Day is THURSDAY omg 2 days away and im going back and forth ive lost 7kg or 15lbs i think wow ur doing so well on theses shakes.. u could keep it up....until i get hungry no starving!!! then the thoughts of bad food kick in. i love food i can eat and eat and eat i have no stop button. personally i have done it all worked out and diet and im good at it until i slip up and then bang one bad habit two bad habits and by the time i know it im downing 3 burgers and some fries and going back for a sundae.... ive decided that i need help.... i dont see the wls as a quick fix for me its like a reset...and rebooting myself to learn how to eat like a normal person you know i dont know if it makes sense to you but thats how it is for me. i cant yoyo anymore im just over it and want to stop being so hungry all the time! :) so surgery i think is the way to go...just the quality of life and the increase in life expectancy...being able to get pregnant and not worry about weight limitations at a hospital you know.....all that stuff..... :P

Well I cheated more :(

dinner gets me lately. I guess because I'm cooking for my kids and husband... I feel like crap about it and I felt like just canceling it all but I realize that I have control over food.

So tomorrow I'll start all over again!!!

Ughhhhh

Today is day 4 of 21 for me. I am HANGRY! My husband is eating regular foods...I wanted to take his food throw it on the ground and stomp on it. When will it get better?

Hey Law001 Congratualtions on your 4lbs loss thats pretty good dont worry about the popcorn lol I know what you mean my S-Day is THURSDAY omg 2 days away and im going back and forth ive lost 7kg or 15lbs i think wow ur doing so well on theses shakes.. u could keep it up....until i get hungry no starving!!! then the thoughts of bad food kick in. i love food i can eat and eat and eat i have no stop button. personally i have done it all worked out and diet and im good at it until i slip up and then bang one bad habit two bad habits and by the time i know it im downing 3 burgers and some fries and going back for a sundae.... ive decided that i need help.... i dont see the wls as a quick fix for me its like a reset...and rebooting myself to learn how to eat like a normal person you know i dont know if it makes sense to you but thats how it is for me. i cant yoyo anymore im just over it and want to stop being so hungry all the time! :) so surgery i think is the way to go...just the quality of life and the increase in life expectancy...being able to get pregnant and not worry about weight limitations at a hospital you know.....all that stuff..... :P

Well I cheated more :(

dinner gets me lately. I guess because I'm cooking for my kids and husband... I feel like crap about it and I felt like just canceling it all but I realize that I have control over food.

So tomorrow I'll start all over again!!!

Ughhhhh

Hi Law001,

Can your husband prepare the meals now until you have surgery? If possible, that would help you out a lot. That seems to be the most challenging time for you sticking to your pre-op diet. Also, are you on liquids only or are you allowed one low-carb meal a day. Ask your surgeon, because it might help to have a lean Protein and low carb veggie with your family for dinner instead of another shake. Good luck to you!