Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could it be cheese?

If anyone remembers my problem with my last fill....it was too much and it took three 6 hour(each way) trips to end up totally unfilled. I had to take a three week break. Well, Tuesday, I went back for a fill again. After three days of liquids, I tried eating fish and veggies as the doctor had suggested. Locked up, pb'd, slimed, and upchucked. It wasn't pretty. Now, I'm back to no liquids passing through.

Has cheese been a culprit in causing problems for anyone after a fill? The veggies I made had a light cheese sauce with them.

If it's cheese, I can live without it IF I never have to feel this crappy again!

:help: hey bandsters, i have a question. i just had my third fill about two weeks ago. every bite i take hurts. sometimes liquids even hurt. it seems that the first few bites are the problem..........it makes me feel like my chest is

going to explode. sometimes if i can tough it out it seems to loosen up a bit and i am able to eat a little. lots of times though i just give up because it just isn't worth the pain. i would love to hear from you guys to see if anyone else has had this problem. i am at 2cc in a 4cc band. i have gone from 280+ to 217. i am loving the weight loss but i know i am not getting enough protien. should i have and unfill????? help me out guys!!!!!

I personally doubt it was the cheese. It is much more likely that you are having too much fill to soon, or that what the cheese is ON is the problem. Make sure your bites are even SMALLER than you think is needed and that you are chewing literaally to liquid before swallowing!

Thanks for your replies! When I get scared or just need an answer, you guys are always here to help. I want to get on here more often to do the same for others. It really matters to have wonderful people like you who totally understand this process and are so kind and giving as to share your experience.

Jack, I'm only Koala, and that's all I've been on here. This other person must have a similar situation to mine or something.

The more I've studied it, the more I'm sure that cheese is kryptonite to my band. Ok, more like steel being drawn to a magnet. (If anyone here is old enough to remember it, try not to think of that 70's song "Magnet and Steel." :heh: I think it glumps up, plugs things up, and generally causes havoc for me.

As of tonight, I've gotten some hot chocolate and Cup-O-Soup down, so I'm just gonna follow your advice and live with liquids for awhile.

Lianna, I am gonna do NOTHING but chew whenever I try food again...no distractions. What I keep doing is waiting until I'm ravenous and reverting back to old habits when it comes to chewing. This last episode was unpleasant enough that I don't ever, ever wanna do it again.

Bless you both for your help tonight. I needed you!