Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothing Exchange in the DMV Area?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there were any resources for the DC/MD/VA area. I'm in DC and have gone to a couple of thrift stores but things seem so dated. Any help would be appreciated!

I'd participate! I have a bag full of clothes ranging in sizes.

I would also participate!!! I am in Maryland and have lots of clothes that still have the tags on them but hopefully I will not be fitting them soon!!

I tried to sell them to Uptown Cheapskate in Rockville, but they told me that they don't take clothes over a size 12. So I think a clothing exchange/clothing swap would be great!!! Definitely keep us all posted.

Have you tried Clothes Mentor? I think they are pretty good and (I checked) they are in the DC area.

I live in the Oklahoma City , Oklahoma area, is there anyone on here that is interested , I have lots of good clothes sizes 2x shirts and blouses and 18 to 20 in pants.. Just message me or let me know.. Thanks

Have you tried Clothes Mentor? I think they are pretty good and (I checked) they are in the DC area.

I haven't tried them but I will look them up!

I have a ton of jeans and some shirts and a few pair of shoes. For those of you in the DMV area, maybe we can arrange a meetup? What do y'all think?

Edited by yoyo81

I live in the Oklahoma City , Oklahoma area, is there anyone on here that is interested , I have lots of good clothes sizes 2x shirts and blouses and 18 to 20 in pants.. Just message me or let me know.. Thanks

I was actually born In Paula Valley and most of my family still live in OK. I can reach out to some folks I know in OKC if you'd like? Let me know.

Edited by yoyo81

I would also participate!!! I am in Maryland and have lots of clothes that still have the tags on them but hopefully I will not be fitting them soon!! I tried to sell them to Uptown Cheapskate in Rockville, but they told me that they don't take clothes over a size 12. So I think a clothing exchange/clothing swap would be great!!! Definitely keep us all posted.

Maybe we can create a Facebook page for the DMV area? Make it a closed group? Where we can post pics of our clothes and arrange meetups?

Rockville? As in Rockville MD? That is where I am too! Wow cool! I would be up for a meet up for the DMV area!!

I love this idea. Especially with the nice weather coming, a change of wardrobe would be great! I have no idea to start a Facebook page, but I'd be game to join. Or maybe even an email list serv or something. Can't wait!

Hey Nona1414, yes, Rockville, MD!! Small world. Uptown Cheapskate is on the Pike near Edmonston Dr. They were nice enough--I guess, but it felt more like pitty because they had to turn me away. It was kind of embarrassing.

I live in DC and wouldn't mind setting something up at all! Maybe we can all meet up at a park? I'll look into the Facebook page setup and then I can post the link here on this thread so we can share photos of our items and those that can't meet up, May be able to arrange something in the future. I will look into a meet up place and see whose available. I'm thinking maybe a Saturday, or Sunday?

Edited by yoyo81

Yoyo81 that would be great! Thanks

It looks pretty easy to set up a page! I'll try to get to today, I have my 3 month appointment with a new surgeon Dr. Tran. I'll keep you guys posted!