Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 hours until surgery!!!! It's time for a change!

Good luck! Mines's at 9:30 today. Go us!!

Surgery went well today. The hydrocodone they gave me made me throw up, so they gave me a shot of Phenergan. So far not too much abdomen pain, but my shoulder is hurting quite a bit.

How's everyone doing?

Surgery went well today. The hydrocodone they gave me made me throw up, so they gave me a shot of Phenergan. So far not too much abdomen pain, but my shoulder is hurting quite a bit.

Sorry to hear you were sick. I had the opposite of you, abdomen pain but no gas pain. Weird how we all react differently.

I am now 5 days out from surgery. I was really nervous about the IV so of course I get the nurse that's grouchy and can't find my vein, after two tries in my hand I told her no more try in my arm, so she had another nurse come over who saved the day popped it right in. Luckily, I did not have to have the heparin shot that I have heard others had, super big relief to me. When I woke up after surgery my tongue was killing me, I assume at some point having the tube jammed down my throat I must have bite my tongue somehow, it was kind of gruesome looking. I had shoulder pains but only in my left shoulder, wow was it bad! Shoulder pain went away around day 4 totally gone, yay! Dr. said to remove the adhesive and that was scary, but after 20 minutes in the shower and a few meltdowns it was all off. I have not had many problems yet thank goodness. But I have grown to hate sugar free Popsicles. LOL. All the advice on here about walk as soon as possible truly helped Me I believe. Still discomfort in my incision areas, but I think by next week...I'll be a new woman. : )

I have mixed results.

My surgery was 5/20 and three of my incisions are painfree. The port site is a little sore, but I didn't even bother to fill the Roxacet Rx they gave me at discharge and I'm happy with one Tylenol a day; I didn't even remember to take one yesterday.

Here's the bad part, I have horrible nausea and diarrhea. I had to go back to the ER Saturday night because I literally was afraid to go into my living room, too far from the bathroom! Everything I sip produces wild gurgling and I can feel liquid shooting around in my intestines. I was also experiencing a terrible smell and bad taste in my mouth. At the ER they said that's from reflux, and after giving me an anti- nausea IV, that went away. The docs thought I may have contracted C. diff at the hospital and I'm waiting for test results for it. They wanted to re-admit me to be sure I wasn't going to be dehydrated since I couldn't bear to drink enough Water. I haven't vomited at all, however. I convinced them to let me go home, and with the help of the Zofran, I'm getting my fluids down. They think it's all caused by the anesthesia or the pain pump meds. Whatever, it isn't getting any better yet.

My surgeon's nurse told me to try a Protein shake even though I'm still in the Clear liquids week to give my gut something to work with, I drank 4 oz., of chocolate Muscle Milk and it was delicious, but 10 minutes later, uuugghhhh!!!

As for gas pain, I feel some pressure in my throat, but I have too much other misery to think about that.

@@toomuchrose I had awful diarrhea as well. I had to stay overnight because that was my doctors protocol and I was up every hour going to the bathroom. I was nervous they wouldn't release me so I didn't risk dehydration. I feel your pain. My NP told me the barium swallow was what caused it. I thought it was the apple juice they gave me to sip on.

Had my 3 week follow-up today! Nurse practitioner was really happy with my results so far. Got moved to solid foods, still no restriction on calories, just making sure I'm getting my Protein in. Still at 30 lbs lost. And I'm allowed to lift weights! I've been doing cardio since last monday, but i really hate it. I'm happy i can start building some tone back that i lost while recovering!

She said, the average band patient loses 1/2 lb a week.. but that seems really low to me, especially starting out. I'm working for 2-3 lbs a week, but I'm not going to beat myself up if i don't make it every week. Right now I'm 273, and instead of focusing on losing 98 more lbs, i'm going to focus on getting to 260's. After that, i'll focus on 250's and so on.

Betty_s, so glad you're doing so well. You sound like you've got you goals planned out just right. I'm have written down my goals similar to yours, it makes your overall goal less daunting and frustrating. Take care!

I'm starting to feel more human because my nausea has subsided. The surgeon's office said the addition of full liquids would help my digestive system and it has. I feel a little discomfort from my port incision now that it's healing. I think the stitches are pulling, but I'm ever so glad it didn't hurt a lot at any point. Some times the things we fear never come to pass, I guess.

I totally lost track of my weight over the last month because I was down 18 due to the qualifying diet, then I binged for two weeks and gained some, came home from the hospital 6 lbs more than when i went in due to fluids, and now I'm losing like crazy. Monday I'll have my 2 week check up, so I'm waiting until then for the official word, but on my scale it looks like I've lost at least 23 lbs.

Next week will be great, applesauce, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, whooppee! Sounds like Thanksgiving to me!

I'm starting to feel more human because my nausea has subsided. The surgeon's office said the addition of full liquids would help my digestive system and it has. I feel a little discomfort from my port incision now that it's healing. I think the stitches are pulling, but I'm ever so glad it didn't hurt a lot at any point. Some times the things we fear never come to pass, I guess. I totally lost track of my weight over the last month because I was down 18 due to the qualifying diet, then I binged for two weeks and gained some, came home from the hospital 6 lbs more than when i went in due to fluids, and now I'm losing like crazy. Monday I'll have my 2 week check up, so I'm waiting until then for the official word, but on my scale it looks like I've lost at least 23 lbs. Next week will be great, applesauce, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, whooppee! Sounds like Thanksgiving to me!

Good for you, keep up the good work

how are all my may banders??

Well 7 weeks out feeling wonderful!! I have no issues at all. My first fill was yesterday. Easy it was. Down 38 pounds!!