Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting a medical ID tag

I have to get a medical ID tag for a Bracelet, my surgery is this Tuesday so far I have found companies that will do it but that i have to have written on it seemed to be to much, any ideas on what info to put on it? -Thanks!

Why do you have to get it???

Gastric Bypass

Do not give any NSAIDS

Allergic to Ability

Thats what mine says. I think its fairly important since Ibuprofen and other NSAIDS could actually cause you to hemorrhage and die

Abilify ... Not ability lol

The surgeon said to but they wanted soo much info on there! Thank you for your help. I'm so nervous. About Tuesday!

You could also just put your name and "see info behind ID in wallet"... Then you can write as much on the card as you want. I totally understand being nervous. I'm 11 days post-op and I'm still nervous.. I have to keep reminding myself that its over... sounds stupid but I keep panicking that the insurance is going to cancel on me... lol

post-148465-0-51200400-1396608934_thumb.jpg

This is the one I bought from http://www.americanmedical-id.com/.

I have this engraved on it.

GASTRIC 1/14

NO BLIND NG T

NO NSAIDS/ SUG

I seen online that they recommend putting the no blind Ng tube on it. It's kind of hard getting everything on it lol. I'm not much of a jewelry person but I like this Bracelet. My only problem is my arm is skinny now and it slides up my arm. I haven't taken the time to try to take a link or 2 out.

I was thinking of getting the id tag and do the Bracelet myself so I can always change the style or size. I am always anxious and nervous. By the time Tuesday comes ill be pale. lol

I am thinking if you were incapable of speaking, then you would not be getting NSAIDS.

Adjustable

Where did you get this from?

This is the one I bought from http://www.americanmedical-id.com/.

I have this engraved on it.

GASTRIC 1/14

NO BLIND NG T

NO NSAIDS/ SUG

I seen online that they recommend putting the no blind Ng tube on it. It's kind of hard getting everything on it lol. I'm not much of a jewelry person but I like this Bracelet. My only problem is my arm is skinny now and it slides up my arm. I haven't taken the time to try to take a link or 2 out.

Im new to this. What does no blind ngt mean? Is sug for sugar?

We all should have them. If something happens to you emergency personnel are trained to look for medical alerts. You are not the same as a normal person. They can't treat you like they would a person who did not have surgery. They can't pump your stomach. They can't just intubate you like normal...they need to know that so you are protected. Also no nsaids which are common practice to use. I threw in no sugar because my blood surgar spikes with glucose ivs.

Lauren's Hope has nice bracelets that don't look as medical like. Discount code FAN for 10% off.

Mine says my name, gastric bypass RNY, No blind NG/Lavage, No blind gavage/OG, No sugar/nsaids. The engraving made the Bracelet pricy (started at $45.00 and ended up costing $77.00 but now I can buy other straps and just interchange the medical engraved part with the new straps. My future plan since I love jewelry. You can choose the color of the medical caduceus (medical symbol) as well. Mine is pink not red. I think it is less scary looking lol!

But if they don't look like med bracelets and just look like pretty bracelets will the first responders look over it?

Also, what's "lavage/gavage " ?

And aren't NSAIDS ok if given by IV?