Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OH - Southwest Ohio, Cincinnati/Dayton

Hello, my name is Kelly. I live just south of Dayton but had my surgery in Cincinnati. I am interested in starting a support group in either city or somewhere in between, depending on interest.

Weight loss info- I had VSG is June 2012 by Dr. Trace Curry. I have lost 100 pounds since then. I lost 65 before surgery. I have been stuck in the 250s for several months now and I am getting frustrated. I am trying to accept myself as a 16/18, which is much improved from a 28/30, but I still want to lose more weight. Most of the WLS patients in my life are not the best role models for the lifestyle and therefore not where I want to seek support (but could benefit from a group like this). The other handful I know or have met at support groups are all from the the same doctor. I am curious to meet people with different viewpoints and expectations, such as: various surgeries, level of success, length of time post-op, different doctors/dieticians.

General info about me- I recently turned 30. It was a huge milestone for me and I had hoped to be at my goal weight by then but, as I said above, I'm stuck!!! I still felt super sexy at my birthday party! I am single, although losing the weight has definitely helped my love (and sex life). I am a teacher so I have many evenings free. Summer vacation is coming up and hopefully we could have a meeting before or during that time. Being a teacher, I am very organized, detail-oriented, professional and friendly. I love planning events and meeting new people, although I do not consider myself outgoing. That is why I would like to be a CO-leader and hopefully find someone else in the area who would like to help plan these events with me.

Some thoughts about a local chapter- I imagine the first meeting being something rather informal (like a Panera) to hopefully meet people from this site (and bring friends) who would be interested in attending or planning meetings and events. We could even come up with a committee if we have enough interest. I would like to get others invited through word of mouth, Dr/dietician offices, Facebook, meetup.com, etc. A few ideas for acitivites would be meet n greets, "speed dating"- for friends or a singles event, walks at local parks, bike rentals at Riverscape/Winton Woods/etc, zumba classes or zumbathons (I have a good friend who is an instructor), recipe swaps or potlucks, professional speakers, social/family outings and more! I am open to any ideas!

I am not sure what the next step is or what Alex has in mind but feel free to respond or contact me privately if you are interested or have questions.

post-134227-0-55607300-1396547147_thumb.jpg

Hi! I'm Katie. I'm currently going through all the pre-op work up but hopefully will have my surgery soon. I live in Middletown. I'd love to get to know people who are also on this journey. It's taken me years to get up the nerve to do this, but I'm only 39 & hope this will give me the health benefits to be around for a long time.

Hello, my name is Kelly. I live just south of Dayton but had my surgery in Cincinnati. I am interested in starting a support group in either city or somewhere in between, depending on interest.

Weight loss info- I had VSG is June 2012 by Dr. Trace Curry. I have lost 100 pounds since then. I lost 65 before surgery. I have been stuck in the 250s for several months now and I am getting frustrated. I am trying to accept myself as a 16/18, which is much improved from a 28/30, but I still want to lose more weight. Most of the WLS patients in my life are not the best role models for the lifestyle and therefore not where I want to seek support (but could benefit from a group like this). The other handful I know or have met at support groups are all from the the same doctor. I am curious to meet people with different viewpoints and expectations, such as: various surgeries, level of success, length of time post-op, different doctors/dieticians.

General info about me- I recently turned 30. It was a huge milestone for me and I had hoped to be at my goal weight by then but, as I said above, I'm stuck!!! I still felt super sexy at my birthday party! I am single, although losing the weight has definitely helped my love (and sex life). I am a teacher so I have many evenings free. Summer vacation is coming up and hopefully we could have a meeting before or during that time. Being a teacher, I am very organized, detail-oriented, professional and friendly. I love planning events and meeting new people, although I do not consider myself outgoing. That is why I would like to be a CO-leader and hopefully find someone else in the area who would like to help plan these events with me.

Some thoughts about a local chapter- I imagine the first meeting being something rather informal (like a Panera) to hopefully meet people from this site (and bring friends) who would be interested in attending or planning meetings and events. We could even come up with a committee if we have enough interest. I would like to get others invited through word of mouth, Dr/dietician offices, Facebook, meetup.com, etc. A few ideas for acitivites would be meet n greets, "speed dating"- for friends or a singles event, walks at local parks, bike rentals at Riverscape/Winton Woods/etc, zumba classes or zumbathons (I have a good friend who is an instructor), recipe swaps or potlucks, professional speakers, social/family outings and more! I am open to any ideas!

I am not sure what the next step is or what Alex has in mind but feel free to respond or contact me privately if you are interested or have questions.

Hi. My name is Ki.. Am I'm finishing my cpap chapter. 18 more days to go then will meet with surgeon. I live in Marion Ohio with my husband Joe.

Hi! Did you all ever get a group going in this area? I live up around Dayton. I had my RNY surgery in Fla., but am now living in Ohio since my husband is in the military. I had surgery 3 years ago and have put back on a few pounds that I am working to take back off.

Hi! Did you all ever get a group going in this area? I live up around Dayton. I had my RNY surgery in Fla., but am now living in Ohio since my husband is in the military. I had surgery 3 years ago and have put back on a few pounds that I am working to take back off.

No I am just learning to use this and app.

Please PM me if you'd like to lead or co-lead this support group!

I'm in Dayton and would love to have a support group. My surgeon's office has one but with my work schedule the meetings rarely work out.

I live in the area and would be interested in joining a support group.

I'd be interested in joining the support group. I'm in Cincinnati. Can you give me the details?

I live near Dayton and would love to be part of a support group. I moved from another state, so I don't have my surgeon or anyone here.

Hi! My name is Andrea and I will be having VSG on August 27th. I'm anxious, scared, nervous, everything but sooo ready to start my journey!! I live between Cincinnati and Dayton and will be having my surgery in West Chester. Any advice/words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!!

Hi! My name is Andrea and I will be having VSG on August 27th. I'm anxious, scared, nervous, everything but sooo ready to start my journey!! I live between Cincinnati and Dayton and will be having my surgery in West Chester. Any advice/words of encouragement are greatly appreciated!!

When/where do you have local meetings? I would love to join!

Andrea, I was sleeved September 23, 2014 at West Chester Hospital! The best decision I have ever made. I have lost 142 pounds and now looking for information and recommendations for surgeons who take care of excess skin. I am in the Cincinnati area.