Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vets: foods you personally can't tolerate?

I couldn't do chicken or turkey for first year. Well I could eat chicken salad but no other way. No chicken tenders or fried or any other way. I can do fried no as long as I take most of the skin off

seems like you are stuck in the soft food stage. What happens when you eat say chicken, fish, turkey; do you chew a lot and eat it slowly?

Chicken anything! Chicken is not my friend ! I can pretty much eat anything but I tend to stick with a chosen few foods that I constantly eat alllllllll the time. Chili, egg salad, Tomato Soup, Quest bars, deli turkey, any kind of cheese and Greek yogurt ! Not much variety but keeps me within my limits :)

I'm 7months out ! So no I'm not stuck on anything I just think those foods work better for me. Don't get me wrong I'll have a chip here and I've tried and have had fries but to revert back to old ways would definately not be an option for me now Maybe on occasion but..... You shouldn't really have fried anything :(

This is so interesting. There appear to be few to no similarities in our collective experience with this. Bizarre!

Well, we always say every body is different with the sleeve, and this just proves it again.

I wish I had an ice cream problem, but oh, no, ice cream and Sleevette like each other just fine.....

I love spicy foods but can no longer tolerate them. Stillcrave them, but one bite makes me hurt.

Kitch, how far out are you?

fruit and vegetable skins bother me a bit sometimes. Refried Beans feel like rocks in my stomach and spicy food gives me heartburn now. Other than that, I can eat anything.

Beef of any kind...Tuna hates me. Pork is a good choice and then a bad choice. Chinese food doesn't like me either. Nor does bananas. Can't eat a boiled egg or a sunny side up one or fried. But don't know why I can eat a scrambled one!

Refined sugar has finally turned on me as well. And all the pre operation allergies are still there.

Too spicy, not even trying!

10.5 months out here.

chicken is rough on me unless it is chopped finely against the grain. I can eat crumbled ground beef, but not a hamburger. If I do eat something like meatloaf or meatballs, the meat has to be 80/20 or fattier, no more 94/6 like I've always bought. Scrambled eggs are good, hard boiled whites are not. Soft bread sticks horribly as does Pasta. That's a good thing because I love bread and now it makes me feel so bad, I don't want it.

I definitely have days that I can only eat soft and other days that I can eat firm Protein. It's bizarre.

I am 5 weeks out. chicken (dark meat only) is no problem for me. I haven't tried a lot of things yet, but scrambled eggs are fine. I can eat a few bites of bread with no problems, just find that I don't want more than a few bites. This is good because I was addicted to bread before surgery. I tried a doughnut once, and found that while I tolerated it ok, it took me more than three days to finish just one, so why bother. I'm not even tempted to try rice.

I didn't care for ice cream before surgery, but my dad had some Blue Bell strawberry ice cream that was heavenly. I enjoyed it, and I also know that I won't go out and buy it. I haven't tried steak yet, or hamburgers. Just looking at them makes me full. I made some hamburger helper for my son, and could eat a couple of bites ok, but it isn't going to be a staple for me. I had a couple of fried shrimp with a few french fries. Tolerated it ok, but it just didn't taste good, so that is off my menu.

It is going to be interesting to see what my menu will be like in six months.

I am 5 weeks out. chicken (dark meat only) is no problem for me. I haven't tried a lot of things yet, but scrambled eggs are fine. I can eat a few bites of bread with no problems, just find that I don't want more than a few bites. This is good because I was addicted to bread before surgery. I tried a doughnut once, and found that while I tolerated it ok, it took me more than three days to finish just one, so why bother. I'm not even tempted to try rice.

I didn't care for ice cream before surgery, but my dad had some Blue Bell strawberry ice cream that was heavenly. I enjoyed it, and I also know that I won't go out and buy it. I haven't tried steak yet, or hamburgers. Just looking at them makes me full. I made some hamburger helper for my son, and could eat a couple of bites ok, but it isn't going to be a staple for me. I had a couple of fried shrimp with a few french fries. Tolerated it ok, but it just didn't taste good, so that is off my menu.

WOW! You sure are adventurous for only five weeks out! :o

5 weeks out and you are eating all these things with the sleeve and tolerating them. Oh my goodness. you are taking some chances girl. Right now you should still be on mushy food about to start solids. Not all those solids but ones that your stomach can easily tolerate.

If it is okay with your team or surgeon then I guess It is fine...But if it is not you are taking chances with your new sleeve which if course is complications. Please be more careful. Trust me you don't want complications. :)

5 weeks out and you are eating all these things with the sleeve and tolerating them. Oh my goodness. you are taking some chances girl. Right now you should still be on mushy food about to start solids. Not all those solids but ones that your stomach can easily tolerate. If it is okay with your team or surgeon then I guess It is fine...But if it is not you are taking chances with your new sleeve which if course is complications. Please be more careful. Trust me you don't want complications. :)

I was on "solids" after 4 weeks... 1-2 was liquid, 3-4 was soft/mushy... 5-6 started the more solid / textured food... 7+ is "try a vegetable if you feel like it"

My concern, and I'm not trying to jump on ya', just explaining myself as I know every doctor has a different plan...

Why are you trying bread and doughnuts and ice cream and fried foods? This is your time to maximize your weight loss. I realize you may be having only a baby spoon or so, but I can't imagine that those foods are in any WLS doc's plan.

:)

Ice Cream. I can eat frozen yogurt every night without an issue. And I LOVE the yoplait frozen greek yogurt bars, I have 2 a week, and they are delicious, and they have Protein in them. I don't feel guilty having dessert that has Protein in it. But if I eat 2 oz of ice cream I'm sick, puking and dealing with severe stomach pain.