Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know what your credit score has to be to be approved by care credit? I have to wait until at least May to try and apply, but I was just curious??? If anyone has been approved or denied, please explain so maybe I can get my ducks in a row.

Thanks...

Hi I unfortunately ended up with self pay. I am not sure what the score has to be but pretty sure they approve everyone for medical loans, the interest rate will just be really high if you have a low score. The quote we got was bad both rate and finance fees.. however I think they approve just about anyone. this was thorugh Capital One, my doctors office worked with two different ones, capitol and Lap Band financing. I don't remember all the details. If I didn't have the chance to pay I would still have gone ahead with it.. Lise

Does anyone know what your credit score has to be to be approved by care credit? I have to wait until at least May to try and apply, but I was just curious??? If anyone has been approved or denied, please explain so maybe I can get my ducks in a row.

Thanks...

Well, I have not tried care credit, but I did try Capitol One, and they did deny me. Seriously, my credit sucks. My husband on the other hand, his is fairly decent, but we were told not to apply for any credit for about 1 month because we just sold our house and that sell needs to reflect on his credit report because when you get a big loan, such as a mortgage, your score actually goes down for a bit until you can prove yourself. So therefore, I will not be applying for credit until his score goes up, but my question is, how far up does that score need to be?

I don't know if this helps you, but I have excellent credit and when I was looking a finance options I applied to Capital One. They wanted to charge me 12.9% interest!! I have much better rates than that on my regular credit cards, so I just used those.

My husband doesnt really have a problem getting the credit cards, but they always want to give him smaller amounts, they wont give him what we need. Kinda stuck right now, but the good news is, if I wait until my appointment in May, my mother said that if I cannot get the financing, she will get care credit under her name and let me use it, so there is one thing postive for the day. :)

Yes the rates on capitol one were awful and finance charges huge, most credit cards are better. You are lucky if your mom will take out the loan for you.. do what you can yto get the surgery done, it is worth it!!

I have awful credit and I was approved for Care Credit to do my Lasik eye surgery. I don't think they even checked my credit. They offered zero interest if I paid off the surgery in 12 months.

I don't know any doctors that take Care Credit for LapBand but there may be some out there. You should ask your doctor's office if they accept it or you will be doing all this work for nothing. I do know that my plastic surgeon takes Care Credit.

mannamay,

If care credit won't do it, try Medprova. Talk to Lori at 888-444-0016. She was very helpful. You score needs to be over 600. The higher your score the lower interest rate. Good luck

mema

I had to get care credit for dental a few years ago, it's just like a credit card, so you are approved based on your credit score.

Hey Spydr, I had my eyes done too, isn't it great! Love it!!! Anyway, yes, my doc accepts care credit, thank the lord. Thanks Mema for the info. I will check into that as well. Laura, I figured it was based on credit score, just wanted to make sure. See when I applied for care credit to do my eyes, they denied me. I ended up going with their Inhouse financing program. My husband's credit score is just under 600, that is why we are going to wait until May to get the financing. I am hoping by then it will go up over 600 so they will approve us. I don't know how many points you get on your credit score for selling a house early, but we will see.

I was approved for Care Credit in December for my dog's surgery (she tore both ligaments in her right hind knee). I'm a student (and up to my eyeballs in loans), and just put myself down and I was approved for $2000. I'm not sure if it would've been higher if I had applied for myself, or if it would be that, but it was perfect since her surgery was $1800.

Care Credit, usually, gives you 12 months of no interest. I'm trying really darn hard to pay it back before next December so I can manage to pay it off interest-free.

The only bad thing I've found is that they will call and call and CALL if you forget a payment. The first month I paid, I sent a rather large lump sum of money, and then was 2 days late for the next month because I had forgotten about it. I got about 9 calls a day from GE (the main company for care credit) until I sent my payment in.

Other than that, I think they're great, and it would've been pretty impossible for me to have my dog's leg fixed otherwise. They'll also let you add a co-signer, and I believe when you apply, they ask for the procedure cost if you have one, so your amount may also be based on that, but I'm not sure. Good luck!

Great to hear Annabelle! Glad you were able to get your dog taken care of. I have to little dogs myself, and if they were real sick or needed surgery, I would of done the same thing.

I Was Approved For Care Credit Now I Can Not Find A Doctor To Do Lap Band! Any One Else From Houston,texas That Knows A Doctor Who Accepts Care Credit?