Is Global Warning A Hoax!

106 posts in this topic

Actually, I'll be the first to admit that the current Smokey Bear campaign is crap. And any wildlife biologist worth their salt would, too. As I am sure you are aware of, there are a lot of people out there that don't know a heck of a lot about what they are protesting against, no matter what they are protesting against. Sometimes, I think it is considered to be "cool" to be an environmental protester. Fire is good for an ecosystem. Not an out of control fire, of course, but a nice regular burn does wonders. Unfortunately, lots of yuppies like to build their homes right in the ecosystems that have naturally depended on fire. Personally, I think they get what they deserve when their house burns down. You build in a fire-prone area, and guess what, your house burns. Many wildlife biologists and ecologists think some of the worst things to happen to environmentalism were Bambi (anti-fire and anti-hunting) and Smokey the Bear.

OHHHHHHH we agree on something! Someone pop open the champagne and mark your calendars!!!!

OHHHHHHH we agree on something! Someone pop open the champagne and mark your calendars!!!!
Eh. I'm a wildlife biologist, not an entomologist. I have a bit of a phobia about bugs, actually, so I say let 'em burn. Smokey the Bear has really screwed the fire regime in these areas up. Like I said, a natural fire does wonders for some ecosystems. The problem is that with all this anti-forest fire crap, we've prevented the natural fires from taking place, causing a build-up of highly flammable fuel, which then causes massive wildfires. If the idiots would just let the ecosystems burn naturally, there wouldn't be much of a problem. Of course, many of the yuppies won't hear of letting their land burn naturally every so often.

Thanks, gailannr. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I'm running out of steam here. I'm leaving on a long vacation in a few days and I don't have time to sit at my computer and look up other peoples' theories any longer <grin>

Your welcome and I will be leaving in about a week for a couple of weeks. Oh, no!!!! Everyone will be converted when we get back. Naaawww we have some old diehards that won't cave! I have enjoyed being on the ride with you!

Your welcome and I will be leaving in about a week for a couple of weeks. Oh, no!!!! Everyone will be converted when we get back. Naaawww we have some old diehards that won't cave! I have enjoyed being on the ride with you!
If I haven't been able to convert them since November, I'd say they're safe. At least for a couple more weeks, anyway.

Climate change is real.

Fifteen of the warmest years on record have occurred in the period 1999-2016.

Our nearly 300 years of industrialisation has had a huge fast impact on the planet.

I know that reporting is fast in our modern 24 hour news cycle but there really do seem to be many more extreme weather events and natural disasters these days.

There is no proof that hurricanes are more intense or more frequent due to possible 'climate change'.