Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Sleeve Buddy in Austin, TX

Yay! It's good to hear that you are having a good experience. Glad about the no nausea, and you go on that Protein drink!!! I expect you're home already, right?

So glad your doing well.

Hi All :) If you had your sleeve procedure at Southwest and were a self pay would you be so kind as to PM me and let me know the cost, I don't like that it isn't listed on the site and they wouldn't give me a straight up answer when I called. Thanks!

I'm not sure if they can give a exact cost because they will not know what all will need to be done. For example I went under expecting a simple sleeve procedure and woke up with and sleeve and hernia repair. Also they might have to go from a laparoscopic sleeve procedure to an open procedure. Lots of variables. I had insurance and I can tell you the insurance was billed $30k from the hospital alone. If you are going self pay you might check into true results. They specialize in weightloss surgery and I know for a fact is much lower priced.

Small world I have tim faulkenberry and my surgery is April 21. If you are having it that soon you might wanna start pre-opt diet.

How's it going?

Hi all.....

I am still doing well..... Tummy is sore.... But that is to be expected. I have been very lucky and not had any nausea...... Yay.....able to drink clear fluids yesterday and onto full liquids today.... I'm have way thru a Protein drink today....

How's everyone else doing.

Linda

How's it going with you as well?

Hi All, I am trying to find info on good surgeons in our area so that I won't have to drive up to DFW. I went to a, well not sure what to call it other than a sales call in Killeen and was not impressed with the outfit. So I decided to put it off and try Weight Watchers, which worked for about 12 pounds and then it was back to business as usual. I'd greatly appreciate any and all imput!

Badwitch, I am in Austin as well and am in the process of getting a sleeve. I had a lap band previously through a dr at Southwest Bariatrics and was not that impressed at the end of it all. There was not good follow up and my dr was not very supportive. I ended up having my band removed with Dr Seger in San Antonio at BMI of Texas. He was absolutely amazing and will be doing my sleeve this summer. I don't know if driving to SA is too far for you, but I highly recommend their practice. Both him, the office staff, and the other dr are incredibly supportive. Dr Seger and my pcp are also being very flexible with me on working with getting some if my pre op testing done in Austin. I feel like I am in excellent hands and am so glad I've gone this route.

Edited by knitlil09

Hi all......

I had Dr Eric Acheason at Southwest Bariatrics..... At the Round rock office..... All there are very nice and helpful...... I know they are there if I need help..... And I will reach out to them if I need anything..... So far I have been very lucky... No nausea, no problems swallowing, I am getting plenty of fluids and able to drink the Protein shakes.....

I had my surgery at St David's..... I know there is a support group there.... I have not gone yet, but I am sure I will in the future...... I would love to find an exercise group for post sleeve patients.

Hi all......

I had Dr Eric Acheason at Southwest Bariatrics..... At the Round rock office..... All there are very nice and helpful...... I know they are there if I need help..... And I will reach out to them if I need anything..... So far I have been very lucky... No nausea, no problems swallowing, I am getting plenty of fluids and able to drink the Protein shakes.....

I had my surgery at St David's..... I know there is a support group there.... I have not gone yet, but I am sure I will in the future...... I would love to find an exercise group for post sleeve patients.

Hey, the support group at St. David's is meeting tomorrow night for a Zumba session, if you're up for it.

http://www.stdavidsweightloss.com/resources/support-group.aspx

Hey, the support group at St. David's is meeting tomorrow night for a Zumba session, if you're up for it.

Skellertx, you going to it support group?

jatherley, I

Skellertx, you going to it support group?

I couldn't go last night--I'm still trying to get my last few To-do things done before surgery on Thursday. I still have to get my will written and my medical directives witnessed. Obviously, as they are the last couple of things on a very long list, I am not too keen on thinking about those ;)

I couldn't make it last night either..... I will make plans on attending next month... On 5/19......

Good luck skellertx.... I'm sure you will do great.....

I couldn't make it last night either..... I will make plans on attending next month... On 5/19......

Good luck skellertx.... I'm sure you will do great.....

Thanks for the good wishes, TexasRN! I'm starting to get excited!

I am heading for sleeve surgery tomorrow morning at St. Davids in Round Rock. Anyone else having this done this month? I am looking for a buddy.

I've already had my sleeve procedure done but I live in Round Rock. Also, I'm the new bariatricpal local chapter leader for the Austin area. We have support group meetings once a month. Our next meeting will be 7/12 @11am at Walnut Creek Park on North Lamar Blvd. At the picnic tables near the playscapes. If your feeling up to it you can come on out. Just let me know so I can make sure we have enough seating.

Thanks