Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Sleeve Buddy in Austin, TX

Hi! I'm heading into my pre-op appointment tomorrow--all the pre-surgical stuff done, including 6-month diet, psych eval, and insurance approval--and I'm looking for someone in my area. Any takers? Thanks!

I'm in Round Rock. I'm 7 months post op. Down 104lbs so far. Still have another 45 or so to go.

Hi, there! How awesome that you've been so successful so far! I am supposed to be up in RR at least once a week; maybe we could get together for coffee at some point? Looks like my surgery will be fairly soon, as early as April 23, so I'm getting started on the pre-op low-carb diet as my BMI is so high. Would love to hear about your experience if you'd be willing to share. Thanks! --Sherry

I would definitely be interested in coffee and a chat. The weekend would be most convenient for me and I'd be willing to drive into town if it's more convenient for you. Where are you having your surgery? Who's your surgeon? I had mine at St David's and my surgeon is Dr Nancy Marquez.

Mine will be at St. David's, too, with Tim Faulkenberry. I think they're partners in the same practice? Southwest Bariatric?

Yes Southwest Bariatric but I go to the location in Round Rock.

I guess it's the same practice, though. So I'll actually be in RR next Tuesday over the lunch hour if you'd be up for getting together then. Otherwise, Sunday is probably the best day for me this weekend, and I would be happy to meet you somewhere downtown? Cafe Medici is a favorite of mine, on West Lynn and 11th St. Otherwise, you'll need to name a place further north that you'd like to meet.

I won't be able to meet up on Tuesday but can meet this Sunday or next at the coffee house.

Hi there...

I'm Linda and I am from Cedar Park.... Eric Achinson from Southwest Bariatrics. Is my surgeon...... I am having my surgery at St David's on Tuesday April...... Yep.... 3 days away......

Been doing good on the pre-op diet.... But getting very nervous.... But I think that is very normal...... Looking forward to having this done...... Would love to meet with you guys...... But obviously Tuesday is out for me too.....

Hi there...

I'm Linda and I am from Cedar Park.... Eric Achinson from Southwest Bariatrics. Is my surgeon...... I am having my surgery at St David's on Tuesday April...... Yep.... 3 days away......

Been doing good on the pre-op diet.... But getting very nervous.... But I think that is very normal...... Looking forward to having this done...... Would love to meet with you guys...... But obviously Tuesday is out for me too.....

How exciting. How's the pre-op diet going? Nervous is normal. I had butterflies in my stomach and was on pins and needles for days before my surgery.

I can be available tomorrow if either of you guys want to meet up. Send me a private message and I will be happy to give you my phone #. You can call or text me. Let me know what's good for you and lets see if we can't get together for a hour or so.

I'd love to get together tomorrow at Caffe Medici around 11am? Does that work for you guys? Even better would be after noon. Let me know!

I think 11 or 12 would be great.

Hey, there! Hope your surgery goes really well :) Mine is scheduled for May 1, and I am planning to start the pre-op diet on Thursday. Keep in touch, ok?

Sherry