Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for sleevers in the Missouri area of St. Charles County! Anyone out there? I have my appointment with Dr. Morales at DePaul on Friday. Nerves are starting but I can't wait!

Looking for sleevers in the Missouri area of St. Charles County! Anyone out there? I have my appointment with Dr. Morales at DePaul on Friday. Nerves are starting but I can't wait!

@tjfergus@tjfergus I had the sleeve done in February. Dr. Morales is a wonderful doctor. He has a whole team that will work with you in his office. You will meet with a nutritionalist, a psychiatrist, and a nurse at first. Dr. Morales did such a great job with my surgery. He did my gastric sleeve laparoscopically and I have barely any traces on my abdomen of ever having surgery a month out. I have total confindence in this weight loss institute. They will walk you through this every step of the way and be there for you afterwards. Good Luck!!!!

@@Iambeautiful thank you for the words of support. I have been to the seminar, met with the diatician, nurse and psychologist and have been cleared by insurance. Finally I get my appointment with Dr. Morales. Will they schedule my surgery then or are there more steps. Did you purchase your Protein Shakes in their store? I live in OFallon, MO by the way!

Hi Iamaspecial Have you had all of your pre op tests done?? And will you have the sleeve or the bypass? The doctor will go over the surgery that you are having and be prepared to ask him any questions that you may have about the surgery. He will order more tests if he feels you need them after the interview. He probably won't be the one to schedule your surgery. Tha t will be done later. Make sure you follow all the instructions to the T. It's very important for the successful outcome of the surgery and afterwards. The nurse will tell you (or you can ask how long it will take to schedule surgery) Once they have a definite surgery date they will advise you when to start the Protein drinks. Be sure to stick with that as much as you possibly can. It's very important. I did NOT buy the shakes from the pharmacy. I bought my own shakes that were not Bariatric Advantage brand. The bariataric advantage shakes taste good. But if you buy them online I think they might be cheaper if you are on a budget. I used Dr. Atkins shakes and a generic brand whey Protein isolate that I bought at Schnucks stores. You don't have to use the brand from their pharmacy. I hear Premier Protein is a good brand. You should check with the website "Insure nutrition" and see if your insurance will qualify you to get free shipments of Premier Protein Shakes and Vitamins. I did not qualify but maybe you would. it would be worth checking into. The application that you do online is painless and short and they will notify you quickly if you qualify. Good Luck....

@Iamspecial http://www.insurenutrition.com/index.php also if you have had your tests done then Dr. Morales will go over the results and let you know if any other tests need to be done before surgery is scheduled.

Hi! I had mine done by Dr Morales two weeks ago. He really is wonderful. And can I say easy on the eyes too. Ha.

But seriously their whole team is wonderful and caring. I had a great experience.

Does anyone want to meet up in person? Like we could go to a restaurant and all order Soup and only eat the broth? I am needing in person support, I feel like an alien!

I am in need of pre-surgery support. I would love to have a sleeve buddy around here. Does that sound crazy?

I'm in Alton, IL and was sleeved 4-07. I'm looking for a local support group.

Hi all. I live in the st. Charles area. I had my sleeve surgery on Feb 4. Dr Scott did the procedure at Des Peres Hospital. (My New Life). I would love to get a support group together. I don't go out to Des Peres for their support group as it is a good distance from my house.

I have not had any major issues, however I do have things I would love to compare with others, or find out of they are going through the same thing. I.e.....Stomach Grumbles....this is terrible. As soon as I eat anything, my stomach acts as if I am starving and I just can't get it to stop. I almost would rather not eat, and I know this is not healthy.

patt0122 would love to start a support group out here. Surely we aren't the only two!!!!!!!!! You are way ahead of me!

Hi Loveit2012' and Special new me.......Well 3 is a start...... I am pretty much open as I have been laid off, however I believe early evening would be best for people who are working. Let me know what evening works for you guys. Loveit2012, what area do you live? I am in St. Peter's and I believe Specialnewme is in O'fallon.

I'm in Alton. I'd definitely go!

I am in Kansas City, MO. Was sleeved in KS though, 3/26/14.