Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I had My band placed on the 11th of March

feeling Great most the time , someday's still having pain on my left side anyhow I should be able to eat food now but that is not going so good,

I have been able to only eat 2 times without feeling a lot of pain on my left side right under the rib area... I have been careful when I have eaten small bites eating slowly not drinking 30 minutes before or after and very small amounts of food.< /p>

I have not had a fill yet that is planned for the 2nd of April, but after reading some of the posts about how painful the fills are I am really scared as needles scare me anyhow but figured I could handle a poke and some pressure once a month for a fill...but after reading these post lately I'm not excited at all and besides I can't eat much at all and not feeling really hungery yet and still not loosing any weight!

Am I doing something wrong? I'm so confused at this point.

Thank you in advance for your replys.

I am sure you aren't doing anything wrong. You are most likely still swollen and cannot tolerate much yet. Soup was my best friend for the first few weeks and still occasionally. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned about the eating. As far as the weight coming off...have you incorporated any exercise in? Walking perhaps? Lots of Water and walking help tremendously. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you I am sure you will do great!

Hi and congratulations. I was like you after surgery my left arm hurt and I had to remind myself to eat because I had zero hunger and would feel satisfied with a bite. Enjoy it while it lasts, I would have split pea Soup or lentil soup (split into 3 or 4 servings through out the day) a teaspoon of Peanut Butter, I would also have tea with soy milk and I would do this for the Protein the Fiber and because it felt less like eating than other things since I wasn't hungry. Make sure your picking foods high in protein and low in fat calories. I didn't get or need a fill until 6 months after I got the band and I believe it was because I had lost enough weight that my band was looser. For me the left side ache is less but still occasional and as far as the fill pain, I'm afraid of needles and hate the feel of stinging but really this isn't bad I fact a lot of times she has to tell me it's done cause I didn't know. Good luck you'll do great!

You've lost 13 lbs? How is that not losing any weight? 13 lbs in 18 days is above average, imo.

Fills have never been painful for me btw. I've had about 9 adjustments and never experienced any pain.

thank you for the replys

2muchfun the 13 pounds were prior to the lap band on the 11th of March

sorry for the confusion on that.

Maybe I am reading to many posts as I have seen a few post as of late where the needle has broken off and blood soaking through the bandages.

so I guess I will stop reading post here and just be positive and start looking forward to my fill on weds.the 2nd.

my exercise is very limited due to a spinal fusion a few months back and our wonderful weather has not been cooperating

with me, But the weather is getting much nicer now and am looking forward to getting out walking.

thank you again.

I've never had any issues with my fills. Pain is minimal. All I ever feel is a little poke and that's it. I, like you, did have some left-sided pain, especially when eating, for a few weeks after my band was placed. It eventually subsided though and I haven't had any trouble since. You can expect some swelling after fills which means you may have to stick with liquids and mushies for a few days after a fill but, aside from that, fills are typically uneventful. Always call your surgeon if you have unexpected difficulties.

I am 18 days post op and a little confused and frustrated. I was finally able to get all my Protein in. I've been exercising by walking and doing spin. Unable to do anything else because of a hernia. I lost 19 pds on pre op diet. My taste buds have changed so much. The only food I enjoy is yogurt,protein shake, mashed potatoes and soup.im eating under 1000 cals a day. I tried eggs and they were ok. I'm on the pureed stage but nothing interest me. What can I do. The scale won't move down. It seems to be moving up. My first fill is on 4/22. I'm feeling like this was a mistake.

How many calories are we supposed to have? I suppose it is different for everyone but I know that I have read before that a person who is eating too few calories can stall weight loss. I wonder if that could be why no weight loss? I don't know though. 18 days post op you are still healing and are most likely still swollen. I know the weight is coming off slower than I originally envisioned and it was only this week at work that people noticed I am losing weight at all and I was banded January 6 but I am happy I am losing. Every pound down is a win. You will get there! Good luck!

Edited by lasal