Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was windering from you all what you do regarding your clothes. When you lose so much weight, you can not possibilbly buy new clothess for each size. I went shopping today and got 4 tops that fit. I felt frumpy in my old clothes. But will I grow quickly out of these?

My support group has a clothing exchange, and actually this site does too which is pretty cool. I'm down almost 40 pounds so I'm starting to need more clothes. I go to old navy, they have good sales and clearance section. Also try thrift stores.

I wear scrubs and the ones I have look like tents. I bought 2 sets that fit but they are kind of expensive so I hate to get very many that hopefully I will not be in very long. Guess I will wash often.

Trade with a friend, goodwill, invest in a sewing machine or go to a tailor.

This is a 'good' problem :-), and yes, anything you buy now...you won't be able to wear in a couple of months. I'm on a tablet and don't know how to get links, etc. but see my previous post about "happy tears in dressing room..." for a laugh.

Fortunately I still have my clothes from skinnier days, so I've begun pulling out stuff. Do you have anything? Granted, some are dated, but most things are ok.

I bought some new jeans last week from Walmart ($16), cuz I don't want to spend money on temporary sizes. I'm hoping to not need to buy more things.

As another said, check the clothing forum here at BP; some offer clothes for shipping only. Congratulations!

I understand exactly what you're saying! I HAD to go buy clothes last weekend. My clothes were sooo baggy and saggy it just got to be too much! I have been buying smaller belts so I can keep my pants up. I still can't believe I can fit a size 12/14. I don't remember when the last time that was. I'm definitely not complaining. It does get hard to keep up lol. I hope I don't end up like a bobble head!

I buy most of my clothes at a thrift shop. I stayed at size 20 for what seemed like forever and then all of a sudden I was going down fast. After I used them I simply sent them back for them to resell in support of Diabetics. Got some cool stuff there and love it....

Will do this until I reach where ever it is I'm going..:)

I understand exactly what you're saying! I HAD to go buy clothes last weekend. My clothes were sooo baggy and saggy it just got to be too much! I have been buying smaller belts so I can keep my pants up. I still can't believe I can fit a size 12/14. I don't remember when the last time that was. I'm definitely not complaining. It does get hard to keep up lol. I hope I don't end up like a bobble head!

Love that bobble head comment...you made me laugh! Thanks!

My friend who'd gone through this told me to hit up the consignment shops and Goodwill. I need clothes, but with it still being cold here-I'll stay in my big sweatshirts for now. They are huge on me but at least I am warm and comfy at work-I dispatch school buses so I can wear them and jeans to work. I can't wait to do a real shopping trip. But I am holding out for warm weather!

Maxi skirts have become my best friend. They're stylish and have an elastic waist so I am able to wear them for a long time. I also wear mid length and shorter skirtswhen out with friends. I just prefer the maxi ones for work. As for tops, I do a lot of bargain shopping when I go down a size.

Target was selling solid colored t-shirts for $5 a pop, so I bought a bunch of those which I wear with my skirts. Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Belk also are inexpensive. I don't go to the thrift store because we had had a big epidemic of bed bugs in this area and I don't want to risk bringing them into our home.

As for pants, I usually just buy 1 pair of jeans in my new size because I know within a few weeks they won't fit anymore so it'd be a waste to get several pair for work like I used to.

If you have told someone you trust and they happen to be smaller than you (like my mom) you can ask them to put aside clothing for you that they normally would throw/give away. When I got down to a sz 16, then sz 14, I got a lot of hand me downs from my mother. Luckily she's fairly stylish so I didn't look like a dork (lol)

I have found clothes on Craigslist too. I have bought a few "garbage bags" full of clothes cheap. I just go through them and keep what I want then pass the rest on to my sisters who are around he same size. Also I just buy jeans and t-shirts from Walmart. They are very inexpensive! I want to save my big clothes shopping event for later when I'm close to my goal weight!

My sister in law had bypass surgery last April (2013). She gave me all her large clothes, and I found a lot of good items among the ton of clothes she gave me. She is shorter than me, so all of them won't fit. I'm torn between just donating them to goodwill or trying to sell or swap them online. I'm rather lazy, lol. I have a boxfull that I need to get rid of, but all of a sudden, I'm dropping sizes, so I know I will be adding to the box in the next few weeks.

She has dropped so much weight...she is now 114, and is 5'2". I worry that she has lost too much, not because of her new slender size, but because she looks so weary and fragile. She looks like she has lost a lot of hair, and what is remaining is rather fly-away and damaged. I don't want to look like that when I lose. I'm only 2 years younger than her. I told her about Premier Protein drinks, and I know she drinks at least two of these a day now, but still....wow!