Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy as it sounds, oatmeal! I loved a bowl of hot Cereal in the morning for Breakfast. I know the yogurt is better for me, but my husband has it every morning and several of my co-workers do as well. Just the smell makes me want some so badly. I am thinking of making a small bowl just to get the compulsion out of my head!

Are you not aloud to have oatmeal at all? It was on my soft/puréed foods list. I tried it about two weeks out, instant low sugar, with no issues.

Are you not aloud to have oatmeal at all? It was on my soft/puréed foods list. I tried it about two weeks out, instant low sugar, with no issues.

I was allowed for the first couple weeks post surgery. After that there is just not enough Protein in instant low surgar oatmeal. And it is very difficult to mix Protein powder into hot foods (believe me I tried!). I am sure that I could tolerate it just fine, but it would be very hard to hit my Protein targets without at least 10 - 15 grams of protein for breakfast.

I also miss tomatoe Soup (something I lived on those first weeks after surgery). Soups in general are difficult because they do not have enough protein and it is hard to make sure that you get enough protein when eating them. I have seen recipes for high protein stews and I have a good recipe for high protein chili, which helps.

I found the ingredients for the 'oatmeal' and plan to try it tomorrow morning! I am VERY excited!!

Carol

Rice. Rice is a staple dish in most of what I've eaten. Coca-Cola. My hubby use to work nights and bring this home, I soon followed his taste in enjoying this drink. Cheddar bay biscuits, do I really have to explain? Key lime pie-yum! I'm learning to enjoy what I'm allowed to eat, and continue working on a healthier me!

Oh ok. I understand. I've pretty much done the same thing. I've ate it once and haven't touched it since. I'm not big on Protein Shakes so I'm trying to do it mostly with food.

Exerderin Migraine. Nothing knocked out headaches better for me.

Oh excedrine migraine how I miss you.. I agree, this one is huge...

Where do you teach college and what subject? My graduate degree is in healthcare administration and I have been thinking about looking into teaching after working over 20 years in that field. I have been in healthcare my entire career but always said teaching would be my 'plan b'. I hold two bachelor degrees; one in english and another in healthcare administration. Although my typing on this site is horrendous due to using my phone. It makes me laugh because I would cringe if I read my writing on here in ' real life'.

Have you ever tried this? I use garlic butter on it and it's a great substitute.

http://www.superhealthykids.com/blog-posts/cheesy-cauliflower-dippers.php

No, I have not tried these, but I am definitely going to. Thank you for the idea and link.

Wow - I definitely second the garlic bread. Didn't think of that one!

Surgeon told me no popcorn for life but...tried it a couple of times at the movies and yea, with butter. Dumped both times. I might/probably be able to get away with it with no butter but as much as I love (loved) popcorn, it just ain't the same without butter. I really can't complain. The list of things that I can't tolerate is quite short and added all together are still a miniscule price to pay.

I don't think I've ever know anyone who grows their own popcorn. How cool is that?! You guys have a great day!!

DL, these earthy, self sustaining friends of mine grow everything...peanuts, popcorn, every type of bean known to man (and some Beans are beautiful in a jar), and of course, they grow your usual garden items.

The kernel corn they gifted was delicious. I still pop it in the microwave in a brown paper lunch bag and it worked great...any kernels that don't pop, can be added to the next bag and popped again.

I understand about missing the butter...but I just add a few squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and a dash of Parmesan (or garlic powder).

The coolest thing about the garden grown popcorn is that they grew a blue variety...and it popped slightly blue! Tasted the same but was aesthetically interesting. Way cool.

Sorry you miss the popcorn...hoping it's a small, tolerable sacrafice for such an amazing chance at maintaining a healthy life!

Oh excedrine Migraine how I miss you...

Yes. Me too!

Wow - I definitely second the garlic bread. Didn't think of that one!

Surgeon told me no popcorn for life but...tried it a couple of times at the movies and yea, with butter. Dumped both times. I might/probably be able to get away with it with no butter but as much as I love (loved) popcorn, it just ain't the same without butter. I really can't complain. The list of things that I can't tolerate is quite short and added all together are still a miniscule price to pay.

I don't think I've ever know anyone who grows their own popcorn. How cool is that?! You guys have a great day!!

DL, these earthy, self sustaining friends of mine grow everything...peanuts, popcorn, every type of bean known to man (and some Beans are beautiful in a jar), and of course, they grow your usual garden items.

The kernel corn they gifted was delicious. I still pop it in the microwave in a brown paper lunch bag and it worked great...any kernels that don't pop, can be added to the next bag and popped again.

I understand about missing the butter...but I just add a few squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and a dash of Parmesan (or garlic powder).

The coolest thing about the garden grown popcorn is that they grew a blue variety...and it popped slightly blue! Tasted the same but was aesthetically interesting. Way cool.

Sorry you miss the popcorn...hoping it's a small, tolerable sacrafice for such an amazing chance at maintaining a healthy life!

I am definitely going to try your popcorn recipe! I'm not sure if the dumping was from the butter (fat) or the popcorn (carbs). I suspect it's the carbs but your recipe makes it worth the test to find out. If it works great. If it doesn't it's still an insignificant price to pay.

Thank you, thank you!

I miss my diet coke!

More than any food or booze etc, I miss my ibuprofen! I have fibromyalgia and spinal stenosis. I hurt my low back yesterday during exercising and cannot stand up straight. Normally a couple of Ibuprefen would help so much, but I cannot take them ever

Shmily I take flexeril for my back now. Your doc will have to give you a prescription but it's a wonderful pill that stops the back pain

I miss my diet coke!

Patti, my doc has allowed soda (after sitting 20 min to let fizz out) since month 2. Yours wont?

Patti, my doc has allowed soda (after sitting 20 min to let fizz out) since month 2. Yours wont?

My doc no soda of any kind for two years! By then I don't think I will miss it anymore!

My doc even has us use it for stuck episode

More than any food or booze etc, I miss my ibuprofen! I have fibromyalgia and spinal stenosis. I hurt my low back yesterday during exercising and cannot stand up straight. Normally a couple of Ibuprefen would help so much, but I cannot take them ever

Have you been to a Chiropractor or an Osteopath. Both can assist you with back pain better then a temporary fix of an anti inflammatory! Just wondered!