Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, just banded 9/10/04

Hey Tall Guy

We would love to have you come to Vegas, it is our first annual LAPBANDTALK VEGAS BASH

There is about 20 or so from this group meeting there the weekend of OCT 8th- 10th

Penni is the co ordinator..

Try to come it is going to be a blast!

He Tall Guy! I'm a tall one myself. Your post just inspired me to make a new goal. I don't believe in making weight loss goals or number goals because they always seem to trip me up, but after this post, my new goal is to ski again. Even if I only make it to the bunny slopes. I used to love to ski, but I had to give it up because I'd get such bad bronchial infections from all the huffing and puffing. Side-stepping up the hills to get on the lift just isn't something a 300 pound woman should be doing.

So my goal is to ski again! Welcome, and good luck.

Welcome, Tall Guy, glad to see your posts. Just how tall is tall? (From a shorty.)

Nancy, best of luck on your banding Friday! Where will you be banded at? Here's to a quick, uneventful recovery!:D

Nancy (and anyone else who isn't yet banded), there are some good recent threads with helpful info. PamRN got banded this week (and Pam, if you read this, let us know how you're doing); lots of people gave suggestions on what to pack, what to wear, and what to have on hand back home after the surgery. See http://lapbandtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3098. You might want to check a thread I started, where people gave me some good post-surgical suggestions and support: http://lapbandtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2959;

also see Andrea's thread, http://lapbandtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3012. Go back and read the older posts too. There's lots of wonderful information here that you can get only from someone else who has been through the experience. It sure helped me a lot.

I continue to be floored by the depth of support here for anyone at any step in the Lap-Band journey. You're joining a great group of people. Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Wish I could be in Vegas -- hope to go next year!

I AM GOING TO GET BANNDED ON OCTOBER 6TH AND I AM SCARED THAT I WILL BE IN PAIN FOR A LONG TIME. HOW DID YOU FEEL WHEN YOU WOKE UP AFTER YOUR SURGERY? HOW DID YOU FEEL THE NEXT DAY? ARE YOU ABLE TO EAT ANYTHING?:D

Everybody feels different after the surgery. Some people seem to spring back to life pretty quick, while others (like me) take a couple weeks to feel good. Good luck... lots of new bandsters here!

I didn't have much appetite. The hospital staff brought me a variety of liquids and Jello, but I didn't want anything; my abdomen was pretty inflated from the operation. I drank a little just to keep my mouth from getting dry. I was pretty sore at first, but managed to get out of bed and walk a little the same day of surgery.

As DeLarla says, everyone is different. You can read other people's posts in the Introductions section and General Discussion for more stories. October 6 is not far away -- congratulations! Please feel free to start a thread of your own if you have particular concerns.

I've said this 20 times, but the very best thing for me after the surgery was my king-size heating pad. My back and shoulder was sore, and I was very bloated. I didn't put the heating pad on my belly, but I put it on my lower back, and it was about the only thing that brought me comfort.

Right after they wake you up you'll be in recovery. I don't remember much from the Recovery Room, but as soon as I was in my room there was Water waiting for me to sip. But I brough my own small bottle of Gatorade, and they let me sip that. I wanted to start drinking as much as possible to flush all the anesthetics out of my body. It took me about 12 hours to drink one small bottle of Gatorade, but I kept taking small sips all night.