Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies!! There is now a June Postop group in the post Op section. Good luck to everyone having surgery tomorrow!!

I'm having really bad withdrawal's today. I'm really punishing myself I have given up food and cigarettes all at the same time. I new I should have quit the cigs last month. I'm on day 3 of liquids and no cigs. I know it's for the best and I'll be healthier but it's just soooo hard!!

On last day of liquid diet tomorrow Clear Liquids. Has not been as bad as I thought . I'm ready for

Surgery tues. Doing some cleaning today and working tomorrow just to keep busy. So glad to have this community for support before and after surgery!

I'm having really bad withdrawal's today. I'm really punishing myself I have given up food and cigarettes all at the same time. I new I should have quit the cigs last month. I'm on day 3 of liquids and no cigs. I know it's for the best and I'll be healthier but it's just soooo hard!!

You can do it!! Just think of how much healthier you're going to feel getting all the crap out of your system. I quit smoking on September 20th, 2012, as soon as I found out my referral for weight loss surgery had been accepted. I haven't slipped once, because I keep reminding myself that it's for the bigger, better, good. Lol, pardon the pun. I downloaded an app on my iPhone that's called, "Since I Quit". It tells you how long since you've smoked, how much money you have saved, how many cigarettes you haven't smoked. I look at it daily, it's quite inspiring.

As for the liquid diet, I'm on day six of mine. The third day was hardest for me. Now I'm just in the routine of things and don't even think about regular food. Plus, I've lost close to 8 pounds already!!!Drink tons of Water, it helps for both things you're going through. You can do this!!!! We are all here to support you!!! :-D

Thanks for the support hopefully tomorrow will be easier. I'm going to add that app it sounds really cool. Great job on your weight loss ! I'm not going to weigh until Thursday that will be one week. We'll I'm going to TRY not to. I think I'll go shopping today and keep myself busy. Thank you for the support.

@ loveskinnyme, thanks for posting about the quit smoking app....I quit April 8 last year.......so according to the app I've saved $1676.04....now that is motivating.

I start liquids June 10...I'm guessing I'm going to get the headache about 3 days in, since I have every other time I've gone no carbs....it's encouraging to know it gets better and it's doable. I sort of feel like my life depends on me doing what I'm suppose to....now if that doesn't motivate...nothing will.

My surgery is June 9. I'm "busy" on my all-liguid diet. The first 2 days were horrible. On the thrid day, I wasn't hungry and din't even think about eating. My problem is that all the Protein Drinks are disgustingly sweet, and I really miss salt. I'm off to find some frozen veggies to blender-in with my pea Protein Powder. I have a felling that with a dash of Tabasco, I won't be missing any salt.

My adult sons don't think I need the surgery, and I'm not telling anyone else. I don't like being 70 pounds over what I should be. I gained all my weight when my husband was diagnosed with cancer. He died 3 years ago, and it's time to be me again.

Im about 70 pounds overweight also with out of control diabetes and I get so freaking sick of hearing everyday, "you're not big enough" "you have lost 20 pounds just keep doing what u are doing" What people dont understand is that it never lasts it always comes back twice as much and the diabetes is still there. This tool will keep me on track so I will never go back.

I'm 275 but hold my weight extremely well. I am so tired of being told that "you can do it on your own" "you look fine the way you are" . Well I'm 28 and feel 58. I am not living life,not healthy..I have recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I need this now more than anything!

I have the same problem. When I tell people how much I weigh, currently 280, they don't believe me. I'm five foot nine inches and my weight is equally distributed. I've actually stopped telling people about my surgery because almost everyone says that I don't need it. It's frustrating as hell!! Yes I'm tall and carry my weight well, but I'm still 140 pounds away from where I want to be. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have chronic pain and my BMI is 42, I more than qualify for surgery. So all the negative nellies have been told to get off my back, it's MY life. And I'm only surrounding myself with understanding people who love me, skinny or fat.

Meeee Toooo 270 here and have type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and chronic pain! Ready to do this! Whether people think i should or not! I want to be healthy!

My surgery is June 9. I'm "busy" on my all-liguid diet. The first 2 days were horrible. On the thrid day, I wasn't hungry and din't even think about eating. My problem is that all the Protein Drinks are disgustingly sweet, and I really miss salt. I'm off to find some frozen veggies to blender-in with my pea Protein Powder. I have a felling that with a dash of Tabasco, I won't be missing any salt.

My adult sons don't think I need the surgery, and I'm not telling anyone else. I don't like being 70 pounds over what I should be. I gained all my weight when my husband was diagnosed with cancer. He died 3 years ago, and it's time to be me again.

I have been craving salt too, and I'm not even on the liquid diet yet (I start that tomorrow). Thanks for the idea... I have extracts and stuff to put in my shakes but never thought to mix up veggies and hot sauce type flavors for salty.

@ loveskinnyme, thanks for posting about the quit smoking app....I quit April 8 last year.......so according to the app I've saved $1676.04....now that is motivating.

I start liquids June 10...I'm guessing I'm going to get the headache about 3 days in, since I have every other time I've gone no carbs....it's encouraging to know it gets better and it's doable. I sort of feel like my life depends on me doing what I'm suppose to....now if that doesn't motivate...nothing will.

I dont know how I'm going to handle this! I have diabetes and have had to eat eat eat constantly with my meds to keep my blood sugar level, soon it will be don't eat don't eat haha what a yoyo ride

Good for you! You can do this! This of it this way... you're suffering now, but you will get rid of both addictions at once! this way you won't want to turn to cigarettes when you can't hav food, or want to turn to food when you can't have a cigarette.

post-207120-0-93425400-1401650828_thumb.png

[ATTACH]45057[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all the hugs :) I know I will be ok just feeling lost. I can't believe tomorrow's the big day.