Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress, PMS and FOOD!

I had quite the week last week, raging hormones and excessively long work hours. I found myself (head?) hungry all the time and also found myself able to eat more than my sleeve would normally allow. This week has been much, much better. I try to stay in the 700 calorie range every day, but just calculated my calorie average for the last 8 days, and it was 923. YIKES! I think it will be best to weigh myself next week instead of this one in order to keep my head in the game. (I am a once a week maximum weigher.)

What are your experiences with stress and PMS?

Best,

Amy

The few times I've crested up into the 800-1000 calorie range (and yes, those days were definitely in the PMS vortex), I've dropped weight over the next day or so.

We forget the body does actually like fuel. : )

Stress and PMS totally kill me. Luckily the moment I actually get my period I lose my appetite for whatever reason and I think it balances out lol.

However, I do think stress is the number 1 reason I eat, closely followed by being bored. There's lots of research out there showing that meditation is supposed to help with stress and depression significantly. I've slowly started to meditate and hopefully I could do more. If you're interested, you should totally look into "mindfulness meditation".

I no longer have PMS thankfully, but stress and boredom are killers for me. Last night I was so hangry that I took a bag of Doritos and licked the seasoning off of them before tossing them in the trash. How embarrassing to have to resort to that. I am pretty sure it was due to loneliness. I live alone most of the time, and all my friends are married with children, so I just can't just go off and visit. Even though I am an introvert, and have no problems with staying by myself, there are times I wish I had a significant other just to spend time with. I have a few internet friends, but it just isn't the same.

Hopefully those days are few and far between.

Haha love the Doritos comment. :)

Yeah I'm the worst when it's that time and it's almost that time for me. I'm a bander and my calorie limit per my doc is 800-1000. On 'those' days I might eat more like 1300ish or so. All in all the scale trend is downwards so I let myself go over here and there. I try to keep my portions in check but during that time it's just never enough. Lol.

I've tried the magnesium when I'm craving chocolate or eating almonds or whatever but none of those helps me out. Just lots of boring Water keeps me from eating too much.

Oh - sometimes I have bought chocolate flavored coffee grounds or even chocolate flavored tea and that sorta satisfies.