Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adjustment providers in uk.

Lets :help: each other.

Just wondering if we could put our adjustment Docs on here. As some people have a problem finding someone close to where they live, or unable to access others if they have not had their surgery with them.

I was operated by Dr B Dillemans, but unfortunately with living in Cumbria near the border of Scotland, you can guess no one near me at all. So lots of travelling to fill providers. I know the company are trying to get other fill providers but are proving that they unsucessful in most areas of country. Maybe Dilleman could take a leaf out of DeBryne's book and come over here each month.

Dr Chris DeBruyne travels to different parts of country each month and will accept people whom he never operated on.

Dr C DeBruyne

13 Heriot Row

Edinburgh.

EH3 6HP

Secretary Julie Tosh 07872963503

Dr M Clayson

Tamworth After care

Peel Med Practice

Aldergate

Tamworth

Staffordshie

B79 7DJ

Tel 0182750575

Dr Dillemans carries out more RNY's than Bands and travelling around the country would not be cost effective for him. But as you can get Dr De Bryne to do your fills, I think that this is a good alternative to either travelling to London or Belgium, each time you a top up. Dr De Bryne, I believe, the busiest (read most experienced) band doctor in Europe and has hundreds of UK patients so he can well justify the expense of doing a whistlestop tour of the UK, which, I believe, he also does in Dubai and Madeira too.

Yeh I gathered Dillemans does more RNY's as he was pushing this for all banders before the op, but you are prob right not cost effective for him. But we/I banders seem as though we have been left out on a limb to sort out our fills. Never mind at least I will have a lovellllllly looking doc for the fills. so if you are right, will be good lapping him up as looking in a bakers window ummm cream cakes. :D

Apparently so!! The best thing I heard about fills by Dr Chris is that he is really good at finding just the right amount of restriction from the 1st fill!! How great would that be?!! In fact, as I type, I'm wondering if I should consult him too!!!

Can't wait for my fill, now everything has settled down inside I feel very hungry. But temptation on its way, at least no one buying me an egg, so will not heve one this year lol. So restriction here I come, 5 mls please caus i'm a greedy begger.

Do you live far from one of his surgeries? Anon.

I'm taking a friend with me, just know she'll make a comment, will get him to band her just so she could see him every other month. Lol.

Yeah, about 2.5 hours from London and Manchester, ( I live in the Midlands) I'm happy with my proposed aftercare provider. She only sees MIDBand patients though, so it's not much good if you have any other type of band. I'm two weeks out now and I still have good restriction, not viscious, in as much as I can eat bread, vegetables etc, but one rye cracker (finn crisp make round ryvita like crackers, thicker and more yummy) with cottage cheese and that's me satisfied, in fact, VERY FULL!

So, I'm hoping I won't need a fill for a good long time and at £130 a time I really hope I'm not there every month

The price of the fill is that! but as she is only about 40 minutes away I've not included any travel!

Oh, must say congratulation on your loss! your ticker looks really great!

thanks Debbsi for highlighting a problem for bandsters from other regions trying to get fills. I think there is a lot of jealousy going on with our Dr's about people going abroad for their ops. If they did more at a reasonable rate here maybe they would benefit themselves from more experience in their field. I bet there is not a Doctor in the U.K that has done more than 7,ooo obesity surgery ops by laparoscopic procedures.

jUST TO LET YOU ALL NO that Dr C DeBruyne will be opening a clinc very soon in Bristol. I do beleive he will see other surgeons patients as well. But am not a hunder per cent on this.Mrs D

Hi guys

i live in London had my OP in Belgium by

Dr Marc Focquet he does fills in London

and takes on other people not banded by

him but he is very busy and you have to book

well in advace

his details are

Dr M Focquet

4 Upper Wimpole ST

London

020 7 060 1954

www.gastricband.org

he also has a fourum on the site too

and he charges £60 for fills (no X rays)

fridays and saturdays

There is also a Dr Lee in Manchester

his details are

Dr Steve Lee

Anson Medical Centre

Anson Road

Manchester

0161 248 2007

and he charges £150 for fills under Xray

will fill people not banded by him (there are a group of them not just him)

and

Dr Lee (not the same as above)

in Shefield

0114 267 45 83

and he charges £260 for a fill

under X ray and he also fills

people not banded by him

hope this helps someone

love

mine

XXxxxx

I am so pleased that we are starting to get names of Dr's from all over the U.K that will do adjustments. This practical information is a must so we can get our fills near our homes, or if we are traveling. Keep them coming. If I was clever enough I would put then on one thread, But i cant even work out how to get a ticker, even after looking on the web site. So I don't see me being able to set it up.

I have mine done by a radiologist - Toni in London. She charges £100 each time - no xray. She's quite busy too so needs to book ahead of time. She only runs her clinic in London on Tuesday.