Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been keeping track because I'm super anal about counting calories and weighing everything now.

I didn't get my card, I didn't even know there was a card.

Nights have been hard for me too. I can't stand laying flat it hurts too much. I've been using a heating pad on my left shoulder to see if it'll help with gas pain. Not sure anything is helping really.

I had my surgery may 9th.

I've been keeping track because I'm super anal about counting calories and weighing everything now.

Nights have been hard for me too. I can't stand laying flat it hurts too much. I've been using a heating pad on my left shoulder to see if it'll help with gas pain. Not sure anything is helping really.

We had our surgery the same day! I didn't know there was a card until the doctor gave it to me when I was being discharged. I have never heard of it before so maybe its super secretive. I use my fittnespal to log my food intake, today was the first day anything was on there except Popsicles! Let me know if you use it so we can be buddies on it. I have had to put the heating pad on my stitches they hurt a lot specially at night. Yesterday I drinked about 1/3 of a cup of Protein Drink and it took care of the case issue all too well :( ....

We had our surgery the same day! I didn't know there was a card until the doctor gave it to me when I was being discharged. I have never heard of it before so maybe its super secretive. I use my fittnespal to log my food intake, today was the first day anything was on there except Popsicles! Let me know if you use it so we can be buddies on it. I have had to put the heating pad on my stitches they hurt a lot specially at night. Yesterday I drinked about 1/3 of a cup of Protein Drink and it took care of the case issue all too well :( ....

I'm in myfitness pal too! Nikicbaby is my username.I was told no hearing pad in m steri-strips, I've been doing an ice PACk sometimes. Maybe I'll ask about the card at my appointment in 2 weeks.

So today makes 8 days since surgery and day 3 back at work and boy am I beat! I'm exhausted, weak and hurting like crazy. I keep hooking my right incision under the handle on my desk drawer in my office and it is red and swollen. Thank God I work in a doctor's office and am a nurse myself. I don't think it is infected. It is just really irritated and it looks a little rough. I think the heat we are having here is getting to me as far as the rest of the stuff goes. Plus, I work 10-12 hour days and they were hard even before the surgery. The girls in my office keep telling me they think I am a trooper and have done really good about sticking to my diet. However, I CANNOT get my fluids and Proteins in. I'm sending my daughters tomorrow to see if they can find the clear Protein so I can just put it in everything. My company picnic is Sunday and it is mandatory for us to be there. That is going to be a challenge. Anyone have any suggestions on that one? I think sometimes people forget, however, that I did just have surgery and I'm not the bionic woman. Everybody wants me to crawl around in the floor and look for stuff and they say, "I'm not tired" when I say I'm tired. Wow! I just need to hide somewhere for a few days I think!

So today makes 8 days since surgery and day 3 back at work and boy am I beat! I'm exhausted, weak and hurting like crazy. I keep hooking my right incision under the handle on my desk drawer in my office and it is red and swollen. Thank God I work in a doctor's office and am a nurse myself. I don't think it is infected. It is just really irritated and it looks a little rough. I think the heat we are having here is getting to me as far as the rest of the stuff goes. Plus, I work 10-12 hour days and they were hard even before the surgery. The girls in my office keep telling me they think I am a trooper and have done really good about sticking to my diet. However, I CANNOT get my fluids and Proteins in. I'm sending my daughters tomorrow to see if they can find the clear Protein so I can just put it in everything. My company picnic is Sunday and it is mandatory for us to be there. That is going to be a challenge. Anyone have any suggestions on that one? I think sometimes people forget, however, that I did just have surgery and I'm not the bionic woman. Everybody wants me to crawl around in the floor and look for stuff and they say, "I'm not tired" when I say I'm tired. Wow! I just need to hide somewhere for a few days I think!

Kellogg's makes a Special K protein Water mix in, it's only 5g of protein, but it's better than nothing. They have pink lemonade and strawberry kiwi flavor. I found it in "diet" section of grocery.

Tmposton are you on liquids or mushies now? Sorry if you've already said? Good job on getting back to work, I don't think I could do it.

I have my follow up with my surgeon this morning. I took a week off for surgery recovery, then had a week of "staycation" already planned, so I have two full weeks off. Thank god cause I still get tired easily and still don't feel like myself.

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, hoping for a soft fish or some mashed potatoes so it doesn't look like I wasted their $40 plate of food. My doc is putting me on mushies starting today, which I'm happy about. Tired to the Protein Shakes and blended Soups.

I'm still on liquids but they are not holding me at all. I start getting hungry and then it hurts because of the hunger. I thinking I were on mushies I would be more satisfied. Today I am in quite a bit of pain but it's the gas just now creeping it's ugly head in there. I haven't had any of that at all until today. Maybe it's due to the rain. I know we are getting hammered with a total forecast of over 4". My company picnic is Sunday and I may try to just go ahead and move on up to mushies. It would just be 2 days' difference.

Tmposton - I'm getting pains in my left shoulder today! It must be because of the rain virginia is getting, because I haven't had gas pain the whole time.

I can't tell you how nice it was to chew food today! My nurse practitioner put me on phase 1+2 soft food.. So I can have chicken/egg/seafood salad, cooked veggies and other things. I laughed at my little child size bowl of 1/4 c chicken 1/4 c seafood salad but I was stuff. It took me about an hour to eat and I couldn't get down all the shrimp.

The only thing she said to stay away from was chicken breasts, steaks and pot roast (and most carbs). I'm nervous to try things because I'm petrified of something getting stuck or vommitting. I just chewed realllllly well with everything.

May 23

congrats!! So soon! Let us know how it goes!

Hi - is it normal at this stage (3+ weeks post-op and on mushies) for the weight to slow down? I lost 22 lbs. total but this past week I only lost 2 lbs. Is this what I should expect moving forward? I think that's what my doctor said. I'm eating right, enjoying my fork mashed baked flounder, shelly's baked ricotta, eggs and cream of wheat. Most meals are a 1/2 cup but sometimes I eat 3/4 of a cup. I think my dr. said initially 1/2 to 1 cup is okay. Just wondering if now is the time that the weight loss will slow.

I think so. I'm pretty sure our bodies are trying to re balance. From what I've heard 1-2 a week is to be expected here on out.

I'm a little disappointed because I haven't lost any since my 1 week checkup on Thursday and they moved me to mushies.. When I steady losing, on average, a pound a day before that..

I've cut carbs out of my diet and only eating the 1/2 C of food so I was expecting it to stay steady, but I guess not.

I think so. I'm pretty sure our bodies are trying to re balance. From what I've heard 1-2 a week is to be expected here on out. I'm a little disappointed because I haven't lost any since my 1 week checkup on Thursday and they moved me to mushies.. When I steady losing, on average, a pound a day before that.. I've cut carbs out of my diet and only eating the 1/2 C of food so I was expecting it to stay steady, but I guess not.

Betty,

How many calories are you eating a day if you're counting?

My doctor didn't do a 1 week follow up, I get a 3 week follow up and maybe a fill that day.

I am only eating around 700-800 calories a day. I log everything into MFP which is very helpful.

Betty, How many calories are you eating a day if you're counting? My doctor didn't do a 1 week follow up, I get a 3 week follow up and maybe a fill that day.

My doctor told me not to worry about calories, just Protein, so I haven't been counting, but I can't imagine it's more than 700-900 calories. I'm only eating 3 meals a day, focusing on the protein first.