Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I was able to eat egg today. I was afraid to try it because I love eggs so much & was concerned I would not be able to tolerate them, but it was fine. It was great to have a hot Breakfast.< /p>

@@KajunGumbo that's awsum congrats im trying eggs later

That's great news! I had my week follow-up doctors visit today. Down 19 pounds total, 10 since surgery. Anxious to start puréed food tomorrow and that egg sounds yummy! How did you prepare it? I'm feeling hungry today with just full liquids but hoping will feel more full with puréed foods. Anyone have ideas for meals on purée?

I was put on purees before I left the hospital but I was there for 2 days instead of 1. But I love pureed black bean Soup, and puree banana with some Protein Powder mixed in. That is what I had got breakfast and I loved it the soup I had for lunch and it was great.

Hi guys! I'm Anne from chennai, India. I'm a newbie to this forum and this is my first post! I got sleeved on 27/4 and now in my Clear Liquids week. Well my symptoms are mixed. Not feeling that much hunger; which is good. I am Following the sip! Sip! Sip! Sip! Method that Annoys me big time. I just Can't wait for the next week to kick in and mentioning that I'm really unsure of the Protein Shakes to go for. :( need some serious advise and also have heard around that egg salad can be consumed?! Though its boiled isn't it solid food? ?? Doesn't it hurt the stomach? If not could anybody tell me how to prepare this??

I'm really having a hard time going through with this week! I'm tired all the time and take a few naps during the day & I hardly sleep for 3-4 hrs during night. I'm freaked on what's happening to my body :( I do walk for 30 mins day and I hope it's fine. Well that's all I can do! :-/ When it comes to the pain; I feel a sharp pull on the left side of my belly just below my rib. Also my back and shoulders hurt like hell :'(

Anyways! The one only thing that keeps me going is the weight loss of 8.2 lbs on the post op day 4!! :D can't wait to lose more :)

I am in week 5 and have started eating a little egg salad. I just put a few hard-boiled eggs in my food processor and then mixed with a little mayo and mustard. Since I can have toast I put a little on about 1/4 of a piece of toast. It's good but seems to give me a little heartburn. Also very filling. Congrats on your loss!

Hey all my sleeve was done on March 28th. I will be a week out tomorrow. It has been a rough week so far. Had to go to the ER for dehydration Monday and suffering horrible reflux since I left the hospital. Does anyone know how long it takes for the dermabond to fall off my incisions?

It was probably like 3 weeks before my glue finally came off. My surgeon said at my 2 week appt that I can start "helping" them peel off in the shower. But only as much as it lifts. Don't pull.

My doc said Sleevers can no longer experience hunger because the Ghrelin hormone is no longer there. Any "hunger" we experience is either gas or between the ears.

I don't think I've experienced actual hunger, but definitely something very similar. I get the burning feeling and a little grumbling. I just ride it off as gas. It is not even close to the hunger I would feel before surgery, which was always a "OMG FEED MEEEEE IM GOING TO DIEEE" type of deal. :rolleyes:

I am 4 weeks and 2 days after surgery. I am only 4 lbs away from 50 lbs lost from my highest weigh that I was at in January. I am in disbelief! I can't help but still feel like this is unreal since I still have soo much left to go. I have only gone down one pant size too which is weird for almost 50 lbs lol. It's probably since I am tall (5'9.5").

I am on soft foods, and since there is more variety, I am eating more. Which has seemed to boost my weight loss. Guess my body appreciates the extra calories rather than being in starvation mode!

I made a turkey meatloaf last night and it was very good. Here's the recipe in case anyone would like to try: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/turkey-meatloaf-45.html. Could only finish an oz or so but hey it's something!

edit: fixed link

Edited by kb88

I am 4 weeks and 2 days after surgery. I am only 4 lbs away from 50 lbs lost from my highest weigh that I was at in January. I am in disbelief! I can't help but still feel like this is unreal since I still have soo much left to go. I have only gone down one pant size too which is weird for almost 50 lbs lol. It's probably since I am tall (5'9.5").

I am on soft foods, and since there is more variety, I am eating more. Which has seemed to boost my weight loss. Guess my body appreciates the extra calories rather than being in starvation mode!

I made a turkey meatloaf last night and it was very good. Here's the recipe in case anyone would like to try: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/turkey-meatloaf-45.html. Could only finish an oz or so but hey it's something!

That's so awesome! Thanks for the recipe idea. I'm starting a file on my computer with these. I haven't had surgery yet. I'm in July sometime. Keep it up you're doing fabulous! What an inspiration to us all.

I am 4 weeks and 2 days after surgery. I am only 4 lbs away from 50 lbs lost from my highest weigh that I was at in January. I am in disbelief! I can't help but still feel like this is unreal since I still have soo much left to go. I have only gone down one pant size too which is weird for almost 50 lbs lol. It's probably since I am tall (5'9.5"). I am on soft foods, and since there is more variety, I am eating more. Which has seemed to boost my weight loss. Guess my body appreciates the extra calories rather than being in starvation mode! I made a turkey meatloaf last night and it was very good. Here's the recipe in case anyone would like to try: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/turkey-meatloaf-45.html. Could only finish an oz or so but hey it's something!

Your a week ahead of me so it's good to see what's going on with you, let's me know what to look forward to ;)

I had my surgery Monday, March 31 and was discharged home today. It has been a bloody awful week and right now I'm regretting everything. My doctor allowed me to go to full liquids today and I had a 4 oz Protein Shake when I got home. It took me an hour to drink it and my stomach kept having spasms. He told me I could have some creamed Soups and I tried that tonight. Big mistake! I think I still had a stomach full of Protein shake. I haven't been able to get in any fluids. I'm going to try a popsicle in a little while.

I'm glad you all are here and I'm glad to read both the good and bad stories. It helps to know that there are others having a bit of a rough time. I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but I'm glad to not be alone.

Crackers are better than bread. Some Drs allow bread but it must be toasted because bread expands. I have tuna with two crackers and it's fine.

How many days after surgery were u able to eat tuna & crackers?

I had my surgery Monday, March 31 and was discharged home today. It has been a bloody awful week and right now I'm regretting everything. My doctor allowed me to go to full liquids today and I had a 4 oz Protein Shake when I got home. It took me an hour to drink it and my stomach kept having spasms. He told me I could have some creamed Soups and I tried that tonight. Big mistake! I think I still had a stomach full of Protein shake. I haven't been able to get in any fluids. I'm going to try a popsicle in a little while.

I'm glad you all are here and I'm glad to read both the good and bad stories. It helps to know that there are others having a bit of a rough time. I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but I'm glad to not be

Yry taking a lil longer to drink it. 1 oz every 15 mins. It gets better, hang in there.

Edited by 521Diva

That's great news! I had my week follow-up doctors visit today. Down 19 pounds total, 10 since surgery. Anxious to start puréed food tomorrow and that egg sounds yummy! How did you prepare it? I'm feeling hungry today with just full liquids but hoping will feel more full with puréed foods. Anyone have ideas for meals on purée?

Way to go...Wow soft foods after a week. My doc has me on shakes for 2 weeks then pureed for 2 weeks. I start pureed next Friday, I cant wait.

Everyone I just stepped on the scale and I was 280 and now I'm 248.8!!!!!!!! This feels good!! It's been hard so hard but I'm seeing the results now!! Hang in there everyone ?de18

Woohoo thats awesome. Haw many days ago did u have surgery?

@521diva.. Hi!! I had my surgery on 4/20.. I had my follow up today and no blood clots and was given a go on the puréed food.. Now I have to figure out what to eat ????

I know everyone has their journey and each our own struggles. I am post op 24 days down 30lbs. At first yes shakes and food was awful, overtime it is approving, went from liquids to soft per doctors orders. My main problem was the left side pain under breast they shoulder. So they checked me for a blood clot and lots of other things. I'm clean just some residual gas and sleeve pain. At first I didn't have hardly any pain for the first 13 days. Meds were used for 3-4 days. Stay encouraged and hopeful. You will overcome. It gets better! I promise.

@521diva.. Hi!! I had my surgery on 4/20.. I had my follow up today and no blood clots and was given a go on the puréed food.. Now I have to figure out what to eat ?de1c

Ok great I start pureed next Friday. Im getting me some chicken cooked with onions & peppers from the spanish restaurant, im going to put that in my blender on baby food & pray I can tolerate it. LOL yes I already no what I want.