Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

@@KajunGumbo I agree, I am not really hungry except as you said 'between my ears' LOL. I am just taking it slow too, I forgot to mention that I can eat yogurt too but maybe being a guy I was never a big yogurt fan hehe.

@@jdillon not sure if your asking me or the OP but my 'official' weigh in is on Monday April 7th which is suppose to be my 4 week weigh in (2 days early as my 2 week was done on day 12). My 2 week weigh in was down 30 pounds and I weigh myself on a seperate non official scale only once a week on Wednesdays in honor of the day I had my surgery :) and it said I lost 6 more pounds since last Wednesday. I'll update my profile after my official weigh in.

Btw where does one get those nifty little weight trackers that are added at the end of a post?

@@KajunGumbo I agree, I am not really hungry except as you said 'between my ears' LOL. I am just taking it slow too, I forgot to mention that I can eat yogurt too but maybe being a guy I was never a big yogurt fan hehe.

@@jdillon not sure if your asking me or the OP but my 'official' weigh in is on Monday April 7th which is suppose to be my 4 week weigh in (2 days early as my 2 week was done on day 12). My 2 week weigh in was down 30 pounds and I weigh myself on a seperate non official scale only once a week on Wednesdays in honor of the day I had my surgery :) and it said I lost 6 more pounds since last Wednesday. I'll update my profile after my official weigh in.

Btw where does one get those nifty little weight trackers that are added at the end of a post?

Awesome job! Congrats! Can't wait to join you all on the other side.

I had my surgery 3/26 so I am 1 week out! Still on full liquids until Saturday but doing great! No pain at all and sleeping all night. Getting bored with diet choices and still struggling to reach Protein and fluids goals. I had a question about Pacific Soups, especially the roasted red pepper bisque. Is it ok on full liquids or do you have to strain or blend it? Also how much protein does it have?

@ lisi287. Wow really. You can eat that stuff already. I was done on 3/20 and I can only have foods the same consistency as applesauce.

@jerseygrl09. Are you sure you gonna have a P &J sandwich. sounds too heavy to have so early.

@Victronica are the Soups low sodium though..... have to be careful with sodium. It causes Water retention and could cause a stall..... I love Soup. I make my own and just have the broth....

@@KajunGumbo I agree, I am not really hungry except as you said 'between my ears' LOL. I am just taking it slow too, I forgot to mention that I can eat yogurt too but maybe being a guy I was never a big yogurt fan hehe. @@jdillon not sure if your asking me or the OP but my 'official' weigh in is on Monday April 7th which is suppose to be my 4 week weigh in (2 days early as my 2 week was done on day 12). My 2 week weigh in was down 30 pounds and I weigh myself on a seperate non official scale only once a week on Wednesdays in honor of the day I had my surgery :) and it said I lost 6 more pounds since last Wednesday. I'll update my profile after my official weigh in. Btw where does one get those nifty little weight trackers that are added at the end of a post?

I use MFP to track my foods/exercise & weight, doesn't show up on here just on my blog. It also posts on Fb, I belong to a March 2014 Sleevers group on fb, great group of peeps on there too!

DEE

deekajungumbo.blogspot.com

Edited by KajunGumbo

I had mine on March 19. The first few days were absolutely awful. Lots of gas pain. Now I am two weeks out and I find I am really missing food-especially pizza. I know I did the right thing. I know I needed to do this, but it feels like I'll never be able to eat again. Anyone else feel that way? pudding and yogurt just isn't cutting it. I didn't think I would feel this way.. I thought I would have the surgery and not want to eat-at least for a while.

Had my sleeve on 3-3-14, I'm post op day 20 and last wk I was re-hospitalize for dehydration. I've had it rough. I sleep a lot therefore I'm not eating like I should. It's hard. I'm still at the point where I regret it, but hoping it gets better. I go back to wrk in 3 wks so I'm hoping I get the hang of this in the next wk or so. Down 26 lbs since surgery, but not enjoying the weight loss bc I'm always sick. Please keep me posted on you guys progress

I understand what you're saying I was hospitalized too and I felt the same way !

Im going off liquids this fri had surgery march 28. Can I have a Peanut Butter n jelly sandwich I kno my dr said fri I can start grits n ricotta cheese with soft tomatoes any other food recommended?

No bread!! Peanut Butter will most likely sit very heavy in your sleeve also. Have eggs, Refried Beans, Greek Yogurt, Cottage cheese instead @@Clinton6 no bread really my dr said crackers you think that would be okay I fig bread over crackers? oh and do you think I could do cream cheese and jelly! eggs yessss!!! thank you

first of all you cannot eat bread at this point. It would be hard to get down. I wasn't allowed 'toast' until phase 3 after I finished with the pureed phase that lasted four weeks. It's strange how every doctor has different food allowances on different phases. I can tell you this, the first time i tried toast it felt like it got stuck half way down. I had to take a sip of Water (I know that's a no no) but that was the only way it'd go down. I only use the PB2 which is 85%less fat than regular PB. you will not lose weight if you start eating regular PB a lot. I use the Kelloggs cracker crisps..... they are so light and airy that they almost melt in your mouth and you can eat more of those because they are only 35 calories for like 15 of them and low in carbs. I never eat 15 though lol........ I eat them with home made chicken salad. I had a piece of low carb bread yesterday at 35 calories a slice with some of the PB2 on it but I am almost six weeks post op and I still have to take it slow with toast. Please be careful.

I'm 4 weeks post op and I have lost 21.4lbs. I think I have stalled. I'm getting nervous. I don't know if I'm good and on track or I'm moving slow!!!

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm going to make a list tonight of all the reasons I'm having the surgery so I can read it when I have buyer's remorse! Off the top of my head: •I have not been able to lose and keep weight off for 10 years, but I've continued to gain •I hate sleeping with a CPAP machine - the last thing my husband sees before he goes to bed and the first thing he sees when he wakes up is either me in the mask or me with a red ring on my face from wearing the nose piece all night •I get winded bending over and climbing stairs •I want relief for my varicose veins •I want to prevent diabetes which runs in my family •I do not ever want to not be able to go on a ride with my child due to my weight ever again

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Great idea to remind you WHY this will all be worth it in the end.

Mommy1558

You might not be constipated. It's a waste product, if you're having trouble taking it in, your body might need all it's getting.

I have pain in that same right spot too. I think I'm stitched too tight or something.

Congrats on your weight loss!