Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Crackers are better than bread. Some Drs allow bread but it must be toasted because bread expands. I have tuna with two crackers and it's fine.

@@lisi287 i didn't even think of it expanding thank you can't wait for fri!

My dr allows TOAST during the soft stage. Toasting out the moisture reduces the amount it will expand in your stomach. But like I said wait until the soft stage.

I know you are craving different things but just keep to your guidelines during this crucial stage after surgery. It will only be a couple months before you can start eating normal foods again.

What stage are you in? I'll be more than happy to make some suggestions.

My dr allows TOAST during the soft stage. Toasting out the moisture reduces the amount it will expand in your stomach. But like I said wait until the soft stage.

I know you are craving different things but just keep to your guidelines during this crucial stage after surgery. It will only be a couple months before you can start eating normal foods again.

What stage are you in? I'll be more than happy to make some suggestions.

@ okay wow u dont think of these things until now. Its so hard I am about to finish mu liquids on fri I start full liquids I am 4 days past surgery still in the mew stage went for my first check up today n dr said fri to start ricotta cheese n hummus n crackers n eggs yummy. U think cream cheese on crackers too? Yed please ill take all the help n advice much appreciated!

Sounds like your surgeon's guidelines are bit more lenient than mine. I'd stay away from jelly altogether since you should be keeping sugar to a bare minimum. Plus, a lot of jams and fruit spreads have tiny seeds which lodge in staples. Good luck finding something that does the trick. I've found a great Soup that works for me. It's by Pacific and is roasted pepper & Tomato. Some others mentioned it earlier in this thread which is how I found it

Well I just got home yesterday from having surgery and I am in the clear liquid stage, I have been eating broth, sugarfree poweraide, popsicles, and wanting pizza...haha. Any way I feel good I can advance to the creamy stage on Saturday.

Yay Holly! I am still doing my 6 months time. Lol. Feels like prison. Stuck in this body until I get my surgery then on my way! Probably in July some time I will be joining you all. By then you'll be a pro and I'll be asking you for advice and wondering if what I'm feeling at that time is normal. If what I'm doing is right. I can't wait! This is so hard. The anticipation is killing me.

Hi all, my surgery is on Tuesday 3/25. How are all the other March sleevers doing?

I was sleeved 3/5. I havent had any regrets except for the panic attack i had when i awoke in the recovery room. This is by far the most difficult thing ive ever done ( gawd i miss food!) but it also the most important and worthwhile so im finding it easy to 'woman up'. It will get easier :)

I'm one week post up and STILL on Clear liquids. Everywhere I go people are eating food. Just my luck. I would kill for good right about now.

Seeing dr on Friday. He's putting me on full liquids or soft foods (I hope) haaa.

I'm just ready to eat. Being back at school I feel like I've got less energy without food.

Hi guys! I'm Anne from chennai, India. I'm a newbie to this forum and this is my first post! I got sleeved on 27/4 and now in my Clear Liquids week. Well my symptoms are mixed. Not feeling that much hunger; which is good. I am Following the sip! Sip! Sip! Sip! Method that Annoys me big time. I just Can't wait for the next week to kick in and mentioning that I'm really unsure of the Protein shakes to go for. :( need some serious advise and also have heard around that egg salad can be consumed?! Though its boiled isn't it solid food??? Doesn't it hurt the stomach? If not could anybody tell me how to prepare this??

I'm really having a hard time going through with this week! I'm tired all the time and take a few naps during the day & I hardly sleep for 3-4 hrs during night. I'm freaked on what's happening to my body :( I do walk for 30 mins day and I hope it's fine. Well that's all I can do! :-/ When it comes to the pain; I feel a sharp pull on the left side of my belly just below my rib. Also my back and shoulders hurt like hell :'(

Anyways! The one only thing that keeps me going is the weight loss of 8.2 lbs on the post op day 4!! :D can't wait to lose more :)

Had my sleeve done on 3/12! Doing great now! I have lost 23 pounds since my surgery and 33 pounds total since I've begun my journey.

I mentioned before about the Soups by Pacific... Well yesterday I went to target and they have a variety !!! Everyone should try them .. They are delicious!! Red roasted pepper bisque is still my favorite!

Edited by Victronica

I mentioned before about the Soups by Pacific... Well yesterday I went to target and they have a variety !!! Everyone should try them .. They are delicious!! Red roasted pepper bisque is still my favorite!

Thank you Victronica! I wouldn't have found the Soup if you hadn't mentioned it. The red roasted pepper bisque is my favorite too!

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to comment on the food issue. My sleeve was done on 3/12 and after watching Penny from 'my 600lb life'on TLC not lose any weight after 4 months after a sleeve surgery I asked my doctor about it. He has done about 4k bariatric procedures in his career and he did tell me that not all sleeves are created equal. Some doctors make them tighter than others. He had a follow up patient that after doing an xray or some such he said he could hardly tell anything was done at all. Of course that was an exception but he has all his patients on a very strict diet.

I am on pureed food until day 29 (currently on day 21 now). Crackers (thin) not allowed till day 37 and most foods not allowed till day 45. He has a list of a few exception foods to incude raw fruits and vegitables, Pasta, rice, breads, beaf and pork that won't be allowed till days 90 and 120. Also for example eggs and tuna not allowed until after my pureed phase or day 29.

I am in a bit of shock at how some people can and are eating all kinds of foods only a week or two out of surgery. I was sleeved exactly 3 weeks ago today and I can barely handle my pureed foods. I am very afraid to try to anything really solid until my doctor says I can. The only 'cheat' that I have done is to add a couple of saltine crackers to my Tomato Soup. Was getting old otherwise. I have a small booklet with about 30 pages of info in it including sample diets for each phase and there are like 7 phases from my doctor. My main staples that I eat now are as follows:

Cream of wheat, Protein shakes, Water, creamy type Soups, cottage cheese and canned peaches/pears (pureed only) and meat only chilis (pureed only). Ricotta cheese and marinara sauce is on my allowed list of foods but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

I'd say go with what works for you but again am a bit surprised that a diet plan was not included with some of your surgeries. I do have insurance paying for mine and I have a PA and a registered dietician who work with me and my eating.

So speaking of which have we heard lately from our OP, Kimpossible80? How are you doing Kim?

Every surgeon is different. I am also on puree and I can have puree fruit and veggies as long as it isn't corn, celery or anything stringy. I can have puree chicken and tuna, mashed potatoes, puree eggs, vegetable juice, cottage cheese, milk, light Greek yogurt, puree Soups, light margarine, light mayo or Salad Dressing, oatmeal, apple sauce, cream of wheat. Its a pretty big variety. Next appt is next Wednesday and hoping to progress to soft foods. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Everyone, I wanted to comment on the food issue. My sleeve was done on 3/12 and after watching Penny from 'my 600lb life'on TLC not lose any weight after 4 months after a sleeve surgery I asked my doctor about it. He has done about 4k bariatric procedures in his career and he did tell me that not all sleeves are created equal. Some doctors make them tighter than others. He had a follow up patient that after doing an xray or some such he said he could hardly tell anything was done at all. Of course that was an exception but he has all his patients on a very strict diet. I am on pureed food until day 29 (currently on day 21 now). Crackers (thin) not allowed till day 37 and most foods not allowed till day 45. He has a list of a few exception foods to incude raw fruits and vegitables, Pasta, rice, breads, beaf and pork that won't be allowed till days 90 and 120. Also for example eggs and tuna not allowed until after my pureed phase or day 29. I am in a bit of shock at how some people can and are eating all kinds of foods only a week or two out of surgery. I was sleeved exactly 3 weeks ago today and I can barely handle my pureed foods. I am very afraid to try to anything really solid until my doctor says I can. The only 'cheat' that I have done is to add a couple of saltine crackers to my Tomato Soup. Was getting old otherwise. I have a small booklet with about 30 pages of info in it including sample diets for each phase and there are like 7 phases from my doctor. My main staples that I eat now are as follows: Cream of wheat, Protein Shakes, Water, creamy type Soups, cottage cheese and canned peaches/pears (pureed only) and meat only chilis (pureed only). Ricotta cheese and marinara sauce is on my allowed list of foods but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I'd say go with what works for you but again am a bit surprised that a diet plan was not included with some of your surgeries. I do have insurance paying for mine and I have a PA and a registered dietician who work with me and my eating. So speaking of which have we heard lately from our OP, Kimpossible80? How are you doing Kim?

I am following my Doctor schedule without deviation. I was sleeved 3/10. My schedule is spread over 8 wks. Each week he adds a few things. He advises not to mix foods until they have been tried alone. I'm pretty much where you are. This week he added well cooked soft veggies like squash,asparagus (tips only) & carrots. I'm so freaked out over leaks that I am progressing far slower than allowed, besides I have yet to experience any real hunger...just hunger between my ears ;)

Edited by KajunGumbo