Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I just had mine done on March 26 they sent me home yesterday night but feeling horrible mostly in pain :-( barely drink very hard to swallow pain meds. Any suggestions?

Wait they sent u home day of? That's crazy.

Try cutting them up I'm having difficulty as well. Got mine done the 25th. Haven't been able to drink much other than a few ice chips and some Water here and there.

I hope it gets better for you! I'm in the same boat.

I am day 7 post op. The first three days were the worst for me. But it really does get better. FYI ask your doctor to prescribe a liquid pain med like Tylenol with codeine. That's the only one I can take that doesn't make me nauseus. Made a big difference for me. The other was getting my Protein in. I started putting vegetable protein in my broth. Good luck. Keep your heads up

I had surgery the 18th the past 3 days I've had excruciating pain when I lean over, bend, roll over , turn, wit to urinate etc.. called surgeon yesterday morning and he wanted me to come in.. its warm to touch under my right side of my belly button and below. He believed it was appendicitis, 6 hours later in ER they found nothing in testing of blood or cat scan but sent me home with an antibiotic because my urine was somewhat cloudy.. the iv's and pain meds provided helped while there but soon wore off as soon as I got home.

The pain is still horrendous, but I'm doubling up on my norco which I've only taken two at this point.

My post op is Tuesday and I pray my "unexplainable" pain goes away...

This is it everyone I go in for surgery at 8:30am today for my sleeve omg what am I doing. Its 6am here in jersey crying happy scared. My husband is driving me 2 the hospital in freehold as we speak. I kno gods with me all is going 2 be well! Here we go wish me luck will post sat when I get home!

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping through the night? 3rd day post op and it's been like this since I came home. I used to sleep 8-10 hours no problem. No I'm lucky if I get 3-4 before waking up. And then it takes forever to go back to sleep. Ugh.

This is it everyone I go in for surgery at 8:30am today for my sleeve omg what am I doing. Its 6am here in jersey crying happy scared. My husband is driving me 2 the hospital in freehold as we speak. I kno gods with me all is going 2 be well! Here we go wish me luck will post sat when I get home!

Good luck honey, it is the start of a huge wonderful journey.

I was sleeved March 24th. All I can say is get you some gas - x. Gas is really the only pain I'm having. I'm struggling with getting my Protein in, but I am getting more in each day. Don't forget the breathing exercises... it really helps. I still have my abdomen binder on...it helps with the pain.

SW 240; preop 221; CW 212

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping through the night? 3rd day post op and it's been like this since I came home. I used to sleep 8-10 hours no problem. No I'm lucky if I get 3-4 before waking up. And then it takes forever to go back to sleep. Ugh.

Count me in on this. I sleep 3-4 hours, then wake up. Not a gradual awakening but BOOM! My eyes are open and I'm awake. It is so unlike my usual behavior. Before it would take a while for me to wake up. Not now.

I didn't sleep all the way through the night until about 2 weeks post-op. I was 3 weeks on Wednesday and am doing fine now, so from my own experience, I would say it gets better.

Im 3 weeks post op.. the first week gasx saved me. N I wad barely getting any fluids. But now im getn just enough Fluid n really good wi5 the Vitamins n Calcium they taste so yummy lol but the Protein is so hard to take in with the way they want it done... n im not sure but my taste buds have changed on me big time... I dont like half the stuff ibuse to put in my mouth. .. any1 know of any good tasting high protein things

I'm Almost 4 wks post Op And CANNOT sleep. Any suggestions? I feel very restless. Trying to experiment with different Protein flavors bc I know I'm not getting the protein I need :-( I go back to work soon so I want to get this under control ASAP

That does change and you will go back to sleeping through, I was the same and it lasted about 10 days.

I was sleeved on the 3rd March, the first week was sheer hell, I came round from the op in complete agony and then I took an infection in the largest of the incisions and had to be put on strong antibiotics to clear it.

I struggled like crazy for the first week to get fluids in, tea tasted disgusting, Water was horrid, and I was miserable and wondering what the hell I had done to myself. Week 2 was not much better, I was still sore from the infection and got hit with horrible head hunger, I ended up crying over my husband making himself toast of all things. By half way through the second week I was feeling so much better and had got a grip on the head hunger and the fluids and was reaching targets easily through swapping to sugar free squash. I was even able to start enjoying a cuppa again.

I still can not tolerate Protein drinks or powders, they are the one thing that makes me sick, so this week my dietician gave me the all clear to start eating soft meats like minced beef, turkey and chicken in gravy and deli ham etc in order to get Protein in and so far so good, I am feeling so much better and being able to eat more normal foods is great.

So to anyone struggling it does get easier and goes get so much better.

That makes me feel much better!!! In order to cut the Protein Shake I just need to make sure I eat more Protein based foods instead. It comment is super helpful. I also had my sleeve done on 3-3-14. Happy ur doing great! Cannot Wait Until I Get The Hang Of Things Like U lol