Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein bars

I am curious to know why some people can have Protein Bars and others aren't allowed. I'm not allowed as I am only allowed 15-21 total carbs a day. Are there any that are actually good for you ? They all seem to be so high in carbs , but have lots of Protein. Any advise appreciated . Thanks.

Depends on what surgery you had and how long ago. I have used Quest bars since my 6 week post op from Lapband. They are very high Protein, 1 gram of sugar so low carbs. Check the labels on all so called Protein Bars some are just glorified candy bars.

I have about 20 Quest bars (they were recommended the best). I can barely eat 1/2, they are so dense and filling. Not very appetizing to me so they sit in the candy dish. As usual I buy too much when someone recommends something. Living and learning.

Quest bars are the only ones I eat anymore. I love that they're so dense and flavorful, and I can slowly eat one and savor every bite. They're so high in Fiber, that the net carb is only 3. I buy them by the box. My favorites....chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla almond crunch, double chocolate chunk, and chocolate Peanut Butter. I eat one every day, and I can honestly say that this treat has been instrumental in helping me stay on track. Not to mention the 21 grams of extra protein! They're not cheap, but they're so worth it.

Edited by mrsto

Where do u get the Quest bars?

Where do u get the Quest bars?

GNC, Amazon or directly from Quest's website. GNC has buy 3 get one free quite often. They are cheaper by the box but you can sample different flavors when you buy indivual bars in the store.

GNC has boxes on sale 2 boxes for 48.00 I bought a box of chocolate chip cookie dough and a box of chocolate chunk..

they should last me a long time.. but yes I use them as a snack and the Protein ratio to calories is the best.

The thing with carbs is that sugar and Fiber are listed under carbs as well. You WANT more fiber. If you subtract the fiber and sugar content from total carbs, that will give you the net carbs...which is what should be limited. For instance, an Apple Pie Quest bar has 24 carbs. 18 of that is fiber, so there's really only 6 net carbs in One Bar.< /p>

Fiber one Protein bars. Not the highest protein, but cheap& good taste.

I like the oh yeah victory bars. Most have around 8 grms net carbs and 20 gr Protein 21 gr fiber. I order thru Vitamin Shoppe