Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

:):car::Banane20::car:--------------------Red Robin

INVITATION!!!

There is a group of us bandsters that have been meeting monthly at Red Robin at I25 and Arapahoe Road and we'd like to invite anyone who is interested, supportive and fun to our get together on Thursday, August 9th at 7 pm. Sometimes we feel isolated and need a little bandster understanding and some time with other people that really "get" us. If you understand what I just said then this get together is for you. We talk, laugh, eat, share, show pictures, just are there for each other.

Let me know if you are coming so I can save you a seat! Our group has three founding members and others that come and go. So join us!

:whoo::whoo::whoo:WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU.

Hello everyone! well it has been a month since my fill. I have lost 5 pounds which I dont think it to much, but I know I am losing inches, that is what is keeping me hopeful. The only problem I am having, and please let me know if any of you been through this, is that everytime I eat I get a bad stuffy nose. I know it sounds weird but It gross have to blow my nose every so offten during dinner. Ewwww lol It doesnt bother me I just think it is werid.

Hope everyone is doing good

Hi Trish,

Congrats on your hard won 5 lbs. It has been 2 months and 3 days since my banding and I am down 18 lbs. Sometimes when I look around this site and see people that have lost 40+ pounds in the same amount of time I get a little discouraged. Then I have to take a realistic look at myself and ask myself when was the last time I ever lost 18 pounds in two months.

I think you are doing great and I applaud you for "getting back into the game". Hang in there.

BTW - no stuffy nose here. I just have to remind myself to slow down. My portions aren't bad but I have a terrible habit of wolfing down food - stuck city. I do not like the PBing, sliming and all that. Yuck and painful.

Hi Michelle, I think 18 pounds in 2 months are good, I think losing a little slower just might be better. I am happy with my 5 pounds, I want to see 6 pounds though... thats all my goal is, one pound at a time. So far to date from April 2005 I have lost a total 75 pounds. and My 1 year is coming up on the 31st with my new band, and I think it will be a total of 15 pounds... but I am not going to let my self get discouraged because I know my band is there I can feel it. I just need to go that extra mile now, like exsercise... lol oh no thats another story LOL.

Good job with your weight loss though! you might think it is slow but you are still losing and not gaining! woohoo!

Well, I am definitely in. A little scared, but still in. I am in day 6 of the pre-op diet,m which is a low carb. I have lost 10 pounds doing that, but I am just focusing on the fact that I am headed "down the scale" not up. I am counting my journey starting at that pre-op weight.

I am really excited. My husband is a little worried this will "change me too much" or that he won't be "as attracted". I was discouraged by this but decided to press on. I really think our realtionship is stronger than insecurity, so I think it will be fine.

Im just so EXCITED to do all the things I can't do now, with him, with my kids,...just everyday stuff. Onward and DOWNWARD!!!

Char :-):lol:

In FTC - hollar! I just had my info session with Dr. Johnell last night...loved it, loved him, very excited!

Hi There~

I am in Brighton, and am wondering if there are any ongoing support groups? I would like to stay closer to home, with 4 kiddos, it is hard to get away some evenings.

Thanks!

Brandy

Hey girls--it's been so long since I have been on the boards! I've missed everyone! Trish--congrats on the 5 pounds, and don't get discouraged--slow is better anyway! And Michelle--I have been meaning to call you and see how you are doing! 18 pounds is great! I know what you mean about the pb'ing and sliming, though. I have that bad habit of eating too fast sometimes, too. It is not fun to get something stuck is it? I am down a total of 78 pounds and seem to be stuck there. Part of the problem is I have been very stressed lately--my mom was ini the hospital for almost 3 weeks, my son got mono, then an abcess on his tonsil, my daughter cut her leg open--clear to the bone, and had to have 20 stitches, so it's been a little crazy for me. And, i have not been able to get to the gym as much as I would like, but now that things have finally settled down, i am trying to get back to my normal routine. I will call you soon, Michelle, so we can catch up. And Trish--I am thinking about coming to Albuquerque Labor Day Weekend, so if I do, I will contact you so we can hopefully get together. Take Care Girls!

Hello Colorful Colorado Lap Banders!

Connie, Gosh - sounds like you have had the summer from he**! It is hard to believe that summer is almost over already. I would love to have lunch with you one of these days. I think it may have to be after Labor Day but we will figure something out.

My hysterectomy is scheduled for Sept 10. Really not looking forward to that at all. My doc keeps telling me that I don't even realize that I feel bad and that I will feel so much better after the surgery. We'll see. She loves that I got the Lap Band and am losing weight.

I joined Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago with a friend who needed an accountability partner. I have been counting points and what not but the main attraction is just journaling what I am eating and trying to figure out why I make such horrible food choices. I am still losing weight but I still know that I need to make more life changes especially about my feelings towards food.

The best news of the week however is that I went out and bought a pair of size 20 jeans last night. Yeah! I started out in size 24.

Trish - How goes everything with you? We haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you doing okay?

Well -- hope you all have a great weekend!

Michelle

Hi Colorado -

I am so glad you are doing well Connie. Wow! I have stalled again at 192, it seems that every ten pounds or so I go into a plateau, then drop easily 4 pounds, then holds again. I haven't been perfect in the eating department. The PBing has made me angry and I push food down sometimes in spite of the feedback my tummy is giving me, the result of the disease. Sometimes I feel as if I have lost my best friend. Does anyone else feel this way? I am working hard in therapy to understand and accept this part of the journey. I am tired of being so alone emotionally. And now I am four months out I can see challenges ahead if I don't resolve these feelings.

Michelle in Denver

Hello everyone, sorry I was mia there for a bit. Well I am still down my 5 pounds I saw -6 but that didnt last long, I think I need another fill... but who knows when I will be able to make it to CO. Aug 31st is my 1 year with my new band. so a total of 2 years and 4 months being banded. Geeeez... 75 pounds lost and my hopes are still up. thats got to count for something. I hope everyone else is doing well with thier weight loss

Connie - great see to see you! And Please if you are in Alb contact me and we will get together. Email me at ZebraLuck76@aol.com I will get that message sooner. I would love to meet you!

Michelle - Im still hanging in there! I think I need to see Dr. Smith soon... Last time I went to see him, I had not seen him in almost 6 months, he got so excited to see me... I guess I cant stay away for to long LOL Anyway I still get the stuffy nose feeling when I eat and I knoticed I am eating more and more... then some days I cant eat anything at all. Hmmmmm thats why I named my band Fickles lol And look at you down 21 pounds!! Girl that is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Well everyone talk to you soon... Keep Losing!!!!

Hey girls--how's everyone doing? Michelle in Denver--I feel your pain! I do know what you mean about feeling like you have lost your best friend. I have not been so perfect in the eating department either. It just suck sometimes to go out to eat and not be able to order what you are really craving, and ordering a salad or fish or grilled chicken instead. But don't give up--it'll happen.

And Michelle in Pueblo--definately call me for lunch. I'm sorry to hear about the hysterectomy, but if it will make you feel better, then good. Are you still planning on moving? This week would be good if you are available.

Trish--I didn't make it to Alb. this weekend like I wanted to--too much stuff going on here, but I'm still planning on making a trip down soon. I will e-mail you when I do.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

I guess I am not sure waht to expect. I ate lunch and it was totally fine, in fact, I am still hungry. Hmmm,..I might be calling him in a few days fro more saline.

Anyway, I met Joy (JFK) at the docs office and she is so sweet! Good luck to you, Joy. Let me know how you are feeling with your fill. :faint::faint:

The whole fill thing is a conumdrum (sp). It is hard to know whether the band is filled enough until it is, then it might be overfilled.

Recently, I have been having problems drinking without swallowing air, which really makes the hydration process uncomfortable. So I have to really THINK before swallowing even Water.

I will learn.