Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Colorado Anyone

So I am going to be in Colorado on July 3rd. I have an appt. with Dr. Smith at 2:00 on the 3rd and I will be staying the night and heading back to Alb, on the 4th... So its probably a bad time for anyone to get together huh.... This was the only time I could get so soon, unless I waited until Aug. I really dont want to wait. I cant wait to get my fill!

Trish--that sucks! I am going to be in Montana that week! Bummer! I would have loved to get together with you. I am still planning a trip to Albuquerque some time this summer though, so hopefully that will work out. Good luck with your fill--I hope it turns things around for you.

Hi Everybody,

Just thought I would update everyone on my progress. I have lost about 5 pounds so far. Not as much as I had hoped for but definately beats the other direction.

Dr. Smith said he went in with a much larger band. He has found that the biggest problem he has seen is with patients being too restricted with the smaller bands, and that with the bigger one that shouldn't be a problem. Well gotta tell you - I am sure not having a problem with restriction. In fact I can absolutely eat anything I want to - scares me to pieces.

I called and asked to have my first fill date moved from July 16 to today. Thankfully they agreed. I really want to have some kind of restriction - if for no other reason than to psychologically convince me I can't eat some of the things I want to.

Other than that all is well. The incisions are healing nicely. Dr. Smith seems to have done a great job leaving minimal scarring.

Take care,

Michelle

Hey Michelle--I was wondering when you called yesterday why you were getting a fill so soon after surgery--that's good that they agreed to it. He is just so darn nice, isn't he? Did you notice a diffrenece right away? I am at just the right level of restriction now, which is good because I am leaving for MOntana on Friday, and don't want to pig out while I'm on vacation. The thing that I am most worried about is finding a gym up there that will let me buy a temporary membership. I am freaking out a little bit at the thought of not being able to work out for a week! Wow, I never thought I would utter those words in my lifetime! What a difference 7 months makes!

Hey Connie,

I basically called and kinda begged for a fill. The band he gave me is the largest they make and I mean I had no resitriction. It is much better now. I can definately feel the restriction and I am not nearly so hungry. Good luck in Montana - it is one of my favorite places on earth. I am leaving Saturday for Oklahoma - maybe I will melt a little more!!! I'll be back after the 16th maybe we can get together then.

Michelle

Michelle--I would love to get together when you get back. Just call me and we'll set something up. Have a wonderful time in Oklahoma--I know I will in Montana--it is one of my favorite places, too. Talk to you soon.

Well I am back, Dr. Smith was so happy to see me, since it has been 8 months, I think I got them all worried. But GREAT news...... 8months ago he put in .6cc's and now when he pulled out what I he had put in... it was the .6cc's WOW that has never happen to me before we were all so excited. Well he put in another .6 making it 1.2cc's and I went to go eat and nothing... no restricion... so I called back and went back in and he added .8 making it an even 2cc's and MAN can I feel it... for the first time ever I feel my band.... after two years I think I love my band again! I am ready to lose another 70lbs!!!!!!

Connie, please let me know when you are in ALB I would love to do something, even if it is meeting at my place for a cup of coffee. I look forward to meeting you.

Michelle, I am so gald that they worked with you on getting that fill. having restriction feels so good doesnt it... Good Luck with everything.. and together.. we will make this new restriction work for us!

Hi! I am new to this site. I was banded 4/4/06 in Greeley by Dr. Johnell. I live in LaPorte CO, (just outside Fort Collins). I have lost a total of 92# including the weight I had to lose before surgery. I have approx. 40-50# to go until goal. If I go to the surgeons goal I only have to lose another 35#, but I want to lose a little more than that.

It is good to see surgeons in other areas as my husband and I are thinking of moving to Walsenburg and one of my fears was not having a band Dr. in the area.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!:P

Nicki

302.6/211.5/165?

nicki - Wow! You have done an amazing job of losing weight. What is your secret? Right now I am experiencing some of the binge eating I did preband. I am getting a fill on Thursday. I think that will help me refocus. I want to be as successful as you have been. Congratulations!

Hi! Thank you for the compliment! It has been a daily thing to have gotten this far. I have gotten fills about every 4-6 weeks as my loss has been slower (I don't have insurance that covers the fills either). In the beginning I do remember having those binge eating episodes, those become fewer and fewer as the restriction increases.

The restriction is a great tool. However, I find it frustrating at times! I miss being able to eat a hamburger without the fork! However, I would be banded again!

Keep up the great work. Stay on top of the fills-that is what keeps the weight comming off!

Nicki, LaPorte CO

Dr. Johnell, GreeleyCO

302.6/210.5/165?

<p><p>Well, I had my consultation with Dr. Kirshenbaum and am looking at surgery next month! I really can't believe it. I have been a slave to my weight my whole life, so I cannot beleive it will be different. I know it won't be super easy, but I also think I will have an upper edge that I never had before. I just cannot wait!</p> <p>Wooohooo!! The only thing I am scared of is spending this money and then not losing the weight. But I am going to focus on the positives. I really am so excited to start over!</p></p>

I Live In Ft Collins, Banded By Dr Quaid 4/13/07 Down 55 Lbs.

Have Had 2 Fills. 2nd One Did The Trick. I Am With You Sometimes Hard When Nothing Goes Down But Better That Than Too Much

Hi Everybody,

Nikki - welcome to the site. You have done an amazing job so far. It's when I look at folks like you and Connie that have made this thing work that I have real hope.

Trish - I am so glad you went back. The whole restriction thing seems to be the "magic" of the lap band. The funny thing for me is that the bad food ie. Reeces Peanut Butter Cups, Lays Potato chips go down with no problem no matter how restricted I am. I have come to have more heart knowledge about the lapband being a tool not a cure all.

Connie - How was Montana? I lived there for years and if not for my daughter I would most likely be back up there all ready. Oklahoma was great - I did some things I haven't done in years and some things I have never done before. It was awesome. I jumped off of a 15 ft high rock into the Illinois River with my neices and nephews. Too Cool.

I had my 2nd fill on the 16th. I do have a little more restriction. I have learned to really hate PB'ing so I try to avoid that at all costs. Last night I thought I would die, had a little too much roast beef and it wouldn't come up or go down for almost an hour. Won't do that again.

Take care,

Michelle

Dakota - Isn't it interesting? I am at the 3 month mark since banding and I am just now confronting the desire to eat irresponsibly (poor planning and choice) and binging (getting what I want rather than need in great quantities) because of the PB'ing. It lets you know that the band is really there and I think of it as my internal hug. It will remind me when I go back to old habits - with a vengance.

Take care -

Another Michelle

Hi everybody,

Boy this site has sure been quiet this week. Hope you all are doing great! I am down a little more. 16 pounds and counting.

August 8th will be my two month banding anniversary. I was hoping for a lot more than 16 pounds at this point, but I am not really complaining. If I lose 8 pounds a month for the next year that is 96 pounds. 96 pounds ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Have a great weekend.

Michelle