Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery Tuesday morning at 7:30 am, I woke up in a lot of pain asking for my hubby. They gave me Morphine and some anti nausea meds! My nurses were awesome at JOHN MUIR CONCORD. My surgeon is Dr Brian Chin. I felt like I got ran over by a truck yesterday, and today this morning I felt the same way. But this afternoon I had color, and was able to do many laps on my floor. Saw my surgeon and got to leave ! I'm home now. Had a nap and drinking peppermint tea. I started this journey @244#'s and I'm 5'6.. and. 31 year old female

Congrats !!!I have my surgery on Monday 3/24/14... I'm excited but nervous at the same time.!! I've been exercising to hopefully get my endurance up.

Congratulations! I am having surgery on 3/25 and cannot wait to be on the other side of this! Please keep us posted on your progress.

I'm doing a lot better now. What a difference a few hours makes. I'm pretty sure I'm stuck on hospital clock though. I'm up now and don't know what to do with myself. I'm trying to take in fluids when ican. The fruit Protein Powder I got sent home with disgusts me so ill have to twerk that!

I got a unflavored Protein powder, but seems like whatever I add it to, I can't handle it. Get nauseated afterwards. So makes me not eat it. I drink a Protein Drink to try and get in extra protein. Can't take that "Double Milk " either.

Glad you are starting to feel better & good luck to you. I am just about the same starting height & weight as you. I hopefully will be sleeved within the next 1 1/2 months. Please keep us posted!

Hi Guys! My kids just left for school so I can try and take in some Fluid. I woke up every 3 hours to use the bathroom, I feel bloated still like I'm pregnant and had my first BM sorry if its TMI :) IT Sure wasn't solid, my body is still gassy.

I have no desire to "eat" but the smell of food makes me sick, my four year old doesn't understand any of it and my two year old is obsessed with my incisions.

Ill see how today goes, but I feel better already. :) this wasn't easy but I have to look further than right now...

Dr. told me yesterday to drink two muscle milks a day and that would give me the Protein I need. He gave me some anti nausea pills too so hoping for better luck holding liquid down today.

Dr. told me yesterday to drink two muscle milks a day and that would give me the Protein I need. He gave me some anti nausea pills too so hoping for better luck holding liquid down today.

Steve, I'm drinking the Protein shakes from costco. I got one down yesterday. Ill work on two today, I like them really cold but its difficult with the sleeve. When was your surgery? How's your pain? I still have to stand to "eat" or I feel it gets stuck and its very painful. I've only taken two norcos so far, one around 4pm and another at 230am. Now @@close to 7 I feel like my actual stomach is hurting... when I get up for good ill try some applesauce... I just wany my stomach to feel normal..

I am three and a half weeks post op now. Not on pain pills anymore, take a extra strength tylenol now and then. I think I stopped pain pills at the end of the first week. My stomach burned in only one of the incisions. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. I don't have to stand to eat, but can't eat more than about two and a half teaspoons of whatever I'm eating at a time. I do feel like sometimes it gets stuck above my stomach, but I notice that when I have eaten too much. I been eating egg salad, that seems pretty easy to digest. Applesauce goes down well. And still eating sugar free popsicles to try and get all my liquid in.

DAY 4 POST OP

I had beef broth for "dinner" not going to happen for a while! I could hardly sleep it felt like it filled up in my chest, I had gas and was really bloated! I took a norco and milacon for some relief!

I had a busy day yesterday so I don't know if that contributed to that! No nap up and at it all day! Good note I got in a lot of Fluid and starting to read when my body ks "hungry". I hope this chocolate almond milk Protein Shake I made does the trick!

I had surgery on the 17th of March. I'm 5 days post-op and feel like s--t. I am feeling better everyday though. I quit taking the liquid pain reliever. Tastes like s--t, and makes me act like a bear. I am only enjoying 3 things right now. Warm Tomato Soup, ice cold Water and sleep. I was 2 days in the hospital and I have been home for 3 now. Stool started firming up yesterday. It's not all water anymore. I am also drinking the Protein Shakes and liquid vitamins. They taste horrible too. I am not hungry period. I stepped on the scale today just for laughs and saw that I was down 11 lbs. I need to drink more liquids and will start increasing the amounts today. I can't guzzle so I will have to increase the number of sips per 15 minute intervals. I can't lose weight this fast. I need to feel stronger. I will make these adjustments and continue on and see what next week holds. Talk later.

I had surgery on the 17th of March. I'm 5 days post-op and feel like s--t. I am feeling better everyday though. I quit taking the liquid pain reliever. Tastes like s--t, and makes me act like a bear. I am only enjoying 3 things right now. Warm Tomato Soup, ice cold Water and sleep. I was 2 days in the hospital and I have been home for 3 now. Stool started firming up yesterday. It's not all Water anymore. I am also drinking the Protein shakes and liquid Vitamins. They taste horrible too. I am not hungry period. I stepped on the scale today just for laughs and saw that I was down 11 lbs. I need to drink more liquids and will start increasing the amounts today. I can't guzzle so I will have to increase the number of sips per 15 minute intervals. I can't lose weight this fast. I need to feel stronger. I will make these adjustments and continue on and see what next week holds. Talk later.

I am so sorry you feel so bad! It definitely gets better! I had a crazy day yellin at my sons baseball game so that kinda hurt my tummy, but while there I got in about 30oz worth of my almond milk and chocolate Protein shake.

I can't wait til I can start to eat real food. Its not like I crave it but I think I want the taste ya know?

I still haven't weighed myself, I think ill wait til my post op visit on the 1st. But I do feel like I have lost weight, I notice it in my chest and shoulders and my hands. Its crazy. I hope things get better for you♥