Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I'm just getting ready for my surgery, should be scheduled in a couple months. I have 5 weeks left of my Kaiser class and am 22 pounds down from November 2013. Hoping to schedule my surgery in May or June of this year. All of your stories are very inspiring! :-)

Thank you. Best wishes to you!

Thank you! I am so excited. I can't wait to schedule my surgery date! :) You are going to love the Options class, you get so much great info each week.

I am wondering are the Options classes 24 weeks like here in San Diego?

I'm not sure if all of them are the same, mine is only 12 weeks long

Edited by rubyred138

I'm not sure if all of them are the same, mine is only 12 weeks long

oh wow mine is 24 weeks!! 12 would be wonderful.....wow.

One of my relatives had it through Kaiser and her class was a year long

But that was a long time ago

My sister is in Riverside and her classes were 3 months long. I'm in San Diego also and I'll be finished with my six months of classes in May. I'm hoping for surgery in May or June also!! I haven't lost my 10% so I know I'll have to meet with the Kaiser doctor again, worst case is that I need to wait a bit longer to lose more, but I've still got 7 or so weeks left to drop some more weight!!

My sister is in Riverside and her classes were 3 months long. I'm in San Diego also and I'll be finished with my six months of classes in May. I'm hoping for surgery in May or June also!! I haven't lost my 10% so I know I'll have to meet with the Kaiser doctor again, worst case is that I need to wait a bit longer to lose more, but I've still got 7 or so weeks left to drop some more weight!!

That's awesome!! Congrats!! Dr. Ray basiclly said if I don't gain any weight I should be okay, but I am still going to try and loose the %10. I start my classes April 3rd. I would love to get together for coffee, or meet for a walk? I don't know if you are interested in a support buddy or not.

Yes, depending on what teacher you get, you'll find that they really push the 10% in the beginning, then as you get towards the end, they start to taper off with it and just want you to make sure you are ready for surgery. Did they tell you who your instructor is yet? I would love to meet for a walk, you could even join up with my group from class too. Many of us are really close (we text daily!!) and we schedule walks. I'm sure you'll join together with your class too. Its funny cause if you ever have to do a make up class, you'll see how each group has totally different personalities!!

Oh, and just so you know, the six months of classes can seem super long at time, but it does go by pretty quick...Im in utter disbelief that I only have 6 weeks left!!!

Hello everyone. I am pre op kaiser as well. But the kaiser here (nor-cal) does it differently. We only had to attend an orientation class, a psych eval, and then have a 1 on 1 with the surgeon and dietician (which was the next day for me) then the surgeon tells you how much to lose before surgery (15 lbs in my case) then when you are 5 pounds away from goal you can schedule the surgery. I've never heard of "options" classes.. Are they mandatory or your choice?