Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Melissa! Glad you liked it! How are you doing on the liquids..

Laura - It has kicked me off the sweets mode...drum roll, everybody. I did my weigh in and gained a pound! Three days of liquids and I gain a pd!!!! I am sure that it is Water weight and will drop off quickly if I really stick with it! I though my stomach fell a bit mushroomy! Well, I am not discouraged..I will make the 170's this month. I will feel so good when I get there!!

Blessings all, Weazer..

Well I have made it for half of the day on liquids. Funny I am not hungry......... Pouring down the Water, getting my exercise running to the bathroom.

Weazer you have such a great attitude....I just love that about you!

Tomorrow is the big day..........ONE YEAR BANDED...... I will see what the scales have to say in the morning. I can't believe it, it went by so very fast. Here is to May being the best month ever.

Have to go shopping. Have to get a really great looking outfit to wear next weekend. My step-daugher is graduating from College next Sat., and the X-wife will be there (I have never met her), so I have to look real classy. We woman are funny about things like that......

Laura

Laura,

Exciting..tomorrow is you bandaversary! Please share the total weight loss with us. Mine is going to be on May 7th!

I am going to make this next six months count!

I know you will look great and the x-wife will look at you and be slightly jelouse...I don't like to wish anybody to feel bad..but, hey, I know exactly what you are talking about! You have to look fantastic so she can eat her heart out!!!!!! Oh dear, that's not a good attitude is it!!!! Keep up with the liquids..you won't find it hard at all. It is refreshing! I started on the 3rd day of the plan today which had me add some soft Protein. I had a half cup of cottage cheese and a handful of soy beans..with a small cup of tomatoe Soup. dinner will be a tad more soup and some sugar free popcycles.

We can do this!

Weazer

You guys are doing so well.....I feel bad that I am not par-taking YET! The thought of just liquids is scare-y to me. (ugh)

Keep up the good work and good luck tomorrow Laura, you will look great next week. It is all a matter of how you feel.

Thanks Metalband, I feel great about myself. It's amazing what loosing 60ish lbs can do for your self esteem.

Hey, I popped into the May 2008 room and wished them all good luck. Hope yall don't mind I invited anyone to come in here if they had any questions, etc.

Laura

Hey, I popped into the May 2008 room and wished them all good luck. Hope yall don't mind I invited anyone to come in here if they had any questions, etc.

Laura

Of course not! That was a great idea. :wub:

OK... Drum Roll......

Happy Bandaversary to me..... 66 lbs

Laura - 66pds! That is wonderful, fantastic..I am so happy for you. I consider that a sucessful year! I am going to weigh in on my bandversary on the 7th! I think we all did well.

Metalband - I just had to do a three day liquid thingy. I really was out of control and it helped me get back on track. I started on the day three portion of the 5 day pouch test yesterday and had no problems sticking to it. I posted the link in a earlier post. It wasn't bad for me at all. In fact, I enjoyed it because it is so much better than feeling out of controll to me. I felt in control for the first time in a while. These last two months have been the hardest for me since banding. I was eating the wrong kinds of food for a while. I am comitted to getting into the one seventies for the month of May and making the most of the next six months for weight loss. We can do this together.

Blessings my friend!

Weazer

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in a while although I do lurk quite a bit. Everyone looks like they are doing amazing and I love it when you guys post your pics on the before/after thread. What a trip it has been this past year! I am down 87 lbs as of this morning and am really happy with my progress. Sometimes it gets discouraging when you do all that you can to lose just 1 lb and it doesnt happen. But as I have told others even if I never lost another lb it has all been worth it. I am in a size 12 jeans now but still shop mostly at Goodwill because I just cant pay a lot for clothes that fit for a few months.

I think in the next year or two I am going to seriously think about some plastic surgery on my tummy and boobs. I look back at progress pictures from 6 months ago and remember how awesome I thought I looked back then, and now. WOO HOO! I really feel hot and confident most of the time. With more self esteem came the need to fix other things, such as my smile. I have spent about $4,000 over the last 4 months and will be spending at least $5,000 more through the end of the year. Its funny when I was fat I thought how ridiculous is it to fix my teeth when I will still be ugly, now that I feel better about myself I am in a rush to get everything just so. Sorry for rambling, I had some oral surgery today and got good pain meds!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Way to go Ragdoll Way to go! Can you here me singing it out loud! You have done amazingly. Whats you secret. Let me in on it...I bet your exercising..that is the one thing I am not doing. I need to start doing it!

I know exactly what you mean about not careing before the band about getting certain things fixed. It wouldn't have helped our self esteme very much. Now we are looking good and a few nips and tucks would just make it even better. I think taking care of your teeth is a great way to keep you looking young.

keep coming back. You really encouraged me! Happy Bandaversary!

Blessings,Weazer

Weazer- yes, exercising just not as much as I should. My goal this week is going to be making it in 3 times. I do weights and not so much cardio.

I try so hard to eat high Protein most of the time, its the sweets I have a really hard time with and they are so so easy to eat. I had dental surgery yesterday so being on liquids has given me a quick short weight loss, which I will likely gain back at least half of. But I cant lie it makes me feel fabulous to look at my scale and it say 172, I am quickly approaching 100 lbs lost which has always been my goal but I didnt really think I could make it!

I've been on liquids since Friday morning... I've had my share of Soup, Jello, milk and cream of wheat.. today I had about a 1/3 cup of FF refried Beans for lunch... ate VEEERRYY slow... and went back to liquids tonight. I'm not sure if I can say that I felt a difference... but I certainly was not hungry in between meals.... hopefully I'm onto something here!!!

Melissa are you doing liquids because you had an issue? You've been doing so great, I hope everything is okay!

I do like the pouch stretch diet testy thingy, I am going to give it a try just to kick start my loosing again (once I get back from Vegas May 12th LOL - it's tooooo hard to diet and travel) but I really don't think I have stretched mine, I have a tendency towards softer foods and I chew chew chew anything that is NOT soft so it then BECOMES Really soft so I truly believe that if I can eat more than 4 oz. it is because it is moving through my band quickly.

When I eat something with alot of Fiber content, I can eat VERY little...

Weirdest thing, but I've been having port pains but on the other side of my abdomen opposite my port....am I just crazy or do others experience this?? It feels like I slept on my port and made it sore, i'm sure you know what i'm talking about, but on the side that has NO port....weird.