Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hoosier...GREAT job with all of the exercise! How impressive! I admire you exercising at night, I just can't muster up any motivation to do much more than walking around the neighborhood in the PM. I am a morning person. Lizrbit...don't stress too much, you will conquer all of the demons! Just think of the 5 days left as a mini-ticker right back to where you need to be! Hang in there!

My DH got a bike the other day so he could ride with me...how sweet! We went for 6.5 miles yesterday & he felt as good as I did afterwards! It was fun to do something together!

Has anyone found that drinking alot has made any of the "hunger" go away? I know it hasn't done anything for me...but I keep drinking! And my damn scale is still stuck!

hoos, thank you so much. it feels good just to have put it out there, you know? i wont give up. today is a new day....and the danger is gone lol..

husband, enabling, loves me. i know he does. he doesnt think in terms of 'whats best' sometimes, i think he saw it and knew id be all over it...and didnt think it through? maybe.

thats a thing all by itself.

but anway, im digressing...

Thank you for writing and for understanding. We started off at the same place. I sincerely appreciate your shoulder. I wont give up today. If i can get it back on track today, ill probably feel better about it.

Well, I haven't posted in awhile and I need to get back on track. I had my first fill on 6/28, 4 cc's in a large band. The doc said to come back in 2 weeks if there was no improvement. Well, it's been a week and I don't feel any restriction! In fact, I seem to be cheating more now than before! So I'm going back this week for another fill. I also need to get off my butt and start exercising. I'm glad to see many of you are doing well, but I can't seem to get my head screwed on straight without seeing any movement in the scale. I hope this next fill helps more.

Hey All:

Great weekend. I have been on the July Challenge and it has really been the kick start I need. I only missed one day out of 8 so far so well on target. Weight is finally moving.

I go for second fill on Tuesday. It will be 2 1/2 weeks since first fill. Although it seems I can still eat almost as much as before, (had a few outings where I really loaded up) I do not get hungry as fast. Probably lost about 10 pounds during that time so not sure if Dr. will be too aggressive with fill. Other then being able to eat a lot I have no complaints.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Hello everyone....we have all done really well this week, we should give a HIGH 5 to each one of you. Whether you did 5 miles or 50 miles this week, whether you exercised 1 time or 7 times GOOD JOB!!!!

This message board has been a great inspiration for me and a place where I am accountable for what I do. I dont want to get on here at the end of the day with an excuse....it is only going to hurt me in the long haul.....so...today...NONE!!! NO excuses!!!!

It is amazing what getting just some of the excess weight off does for you..can you guys imagine when we get all of it off.

Lets start week 2 with adding to what we did this week, increasing it to your ability, either an extra mile, or extra 10 min.......WE CAN BEAT THIS!!!!

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!!

Hey Everyone,

How is it going? I had a good weekend, did alot of work around the house and yard. It just suprises me sometime how much better I feel with just the weight I have taken off my body so far. I am able to work in the garden longer and vacuming does not kill me like it used too.

Hey I just have to tell you about what happened Fri. night. We went out to dinner a couple that we are close friends with. I have not told them about my surgery. (Only my DH knowes) The lady is a larger woman. I order griled chicken and vegies and Water. We are eating and I do not drink of course and take my time and chew, chew, chew. I cannot finish all of my meal so ask for a to-go box. After I do all of that, she leans over and says "Laura, can I ask you a question, did you have lap band surgery?" I was so suprised, I said "Yes, how did you know" She said, "Well it is plan to see that you have lost weight, and I noticed how you don't drink water with your meal, and chew real slow and cannot eat all of your meal." come to find out she has been researching the lap band for herself. It was great to be able to share it with her and tell her about the surgery and what it has been like up to this point. I was glad she guess. I shared with her why I had not told anyone, that it was very personal to me. She said she understood and felt the same way. So, she is checking into it and I hope the best for her and told her about this site and how wonderful it is. So it just goes to show, we don't know who is watching.

Well, I ran headlong into my restriction this weekend. I guess I don't need another fill after all.

I was worrying because my weight loss had stalled and I seemed to be able to eat anything. As it turns out, it's the fact I've been eating mainly fish that hid my restriction from me. Glad it's there :)

I've been continuing to pull on the rower for an hour a day, and yesterday added a 5K walk to my routine. Feeling good, and the scale is moving again :(

Ok....I am sooooo confused at this point. I had my fill on June 20th so I am almost 3 weeks after my fill. I have so much restriction now. Can that happen????? I had the hardest time eating this weekend.....everything got stuck....and I would slime, and PB and then eventually throw up. I feel like I am enducing Bulemia. I lost 4 pounds just over the weekend. I couldnt even eat cottage cheese! Can the band get tighter w/ time???

Sandra

highest weight 255

Surgery weight 242

current weight 216

goal weight anything under 200

Sandra,

I am no expert, but I have read here on this forum that your restrict can be delayed. Also, you could have irritated your stomac. Even stress and TOM can effect your restriction. Have you tried a liquid diet form a day and see if that helps. That will help if you have irritations, give the swelling time to go down. Just like after surgery. Like I say, not an expert, just a suggestion. Hope it gets better.....

Hey everyone! I survived the fourth, got through the rehearsal dinner, and even had a few bites of wedding cake! I thought I would be up when I stepped on the scale but I guess all the craziness eats up those calories cuz I was down a few! Now I just need to adjust my ticker.

I am so relating to all of you on your comments above. I try to start out everyday on the plan and then before I know it the day is gone and I didn't get my Protein in or my Water or all my Vitamins. I guess if I were super disciplined then I wouldn't of needed a lap band at all! It's a marathon not a sprint!

I was so excited to fit into my mother of the groom dress (size 16w) and know that I looked so much better then pre-band. I hope it shows in all the pictures. I got lots of compliments and that felt really great. The most interesting thing was my sisters reaction to my weight loss. I had her go through a bunch of my clothes that were to big and she took a few but she stayed with me for five days and never once asked me about the surgery or how it was going or anything! She kept bringing goodies home like doughnuts and candy, etc. I think she really missed her unhealthy eating partner!

I just got my first fill today. I was worried that it may hurt, but I hardly felt anything. The Dr. first numbed the area which was suppose to sting but didnt and than done the fill. He hit the port on the first try and the whole thing was over in less than 5 minutes. I think I could actually fill the band tightening. Cant really describe it but it was a differnt feeling than before. Has anyone else felt this? The Water went down fine and I was on my way.

Now I have to do 24hrs of Clear Liquids and than 24hrs of full liquids. I hope the restriction has kicked in because otherwise Im going to be hungry trying to go 24hrs on clear liquids. I didnt have to do liquids 24 hrs before, but the last time I ate anything was at about 7pm on Sunday.

Im not scheduled to come back for another fill for 6 weeks. My Dr. will only do them that often. So I hope this one works and last for a while. We'll see. Oh by the way I got 4cc in my VG 10 band. Does that sound like enough to give me any restriction?

Ok, I went to the doc's office today for what was originally supposed to be my 2nd fill. Two weeks ago I had .25 cc's of the .5 cc's in my band removed because I felt like I was pb'ing too much.

Now I'm hungry a lot and have been eating a lot, so I went back in today to have the .25 put back. Well, I was sure I'd gained weight. Not only have I been eating a lot, but I've been eating things I shouldn't have. I've been a bad, bad girl!!! :)

So I get on the scales and...they're DOWN by 6.7 pounds! I started to make them reweigh me, but then didn't. When I went in to get my fill, the nurse was a little reluctant to give it to me because I was down so much. She said she'd do it this time, but not if I continued to lose like that.

Here's the deal y'all...I think those scales are wrong! When I weighed at home my scales weighed me heavier and usually it's vice versa. Too, I don't feel like I've lost that much weight! I was going to reweigh myself on the way out, but someone else was on them. These are expensive scales and I'm sure this being a bariatric office they calibrate them frequently, but I'm just doubting those scales are correct! Oh, and on the way home I stopped and got a new battery thinking maybe the one in my scales was on the blitz. After I changed it, I weighed even more than I had right before I left home!

I have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to this office or I'd go back by there and ask them to recheck me. I know this sounds stupid and that I s/b rejoicing, but I'm worried they're wrong and when I go back in a month it'll read heavier! :faint:

Anyway, I'm adding the change to my ticker. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and feeling guilty for all the things I've eaten that I shouldn't have.

Thanks for listening. Oh and does anyone have a set of scales they can recommend?

Hi, everyone. I haven't posted on this thread for a long, long time and I am glad to be here again. I was banded on 05-02-07 and have lost about 32 pounds from my highest weight which was pre-surgery and as a result of the pre-op diet. I have to count that for my own piece of mind! I have gotten one fill which was 1 cc and it didn't really help that much except I have pb'd a couple of times and have gotten stuck twice. I'm telling you this...I won't be eating any kind of bread for a long, long, long time! I tried whole wheat after the fill and thought I was going to DIE! I have to really watch my bite sizes. I am so used to eating large bites and eating them fast. The band has cured me of this!! I still, however, forget sometimes. I'm getting another fill on 07-27 and hope they give me more than 1 cc. I have 140 more pounds to lose and am so weighting for the more restriction. I do have a question for you guys. Those of you that have had lower weights to start with and have lost, do you have more energy than from before? I still seem to be tired most of the time. I am trying to walk but like I said I have zero energy at this time. Congratulations for you all doing so well. Don't get me wrong. I don't think I'm doing that poorly. I just want to be able to move around for a couple of hours before I want to take a nap. I know some of the medication I take contributes to the tiredness but still......... Anyway, thanks for listening.

Uniqueone- It depends on what I am doing, but I am not to the point of having any extra energy yet. I think I personally just like to take naps! It is a habit of mine!!!

Did anyone watch big medicine tonight on TLC? They showed a lap band patient.

I am one week out on my second fill and I ate A LOT at lunch today. I called and I can't get in until Saturday for the next one. Why does fattening food taste so good????

I keep seeing the lap band commericals and I want to scream. When will my hunger be tamed like the commercials?

I've obsessed myself with getting a summer tan. That is the best way to keep me out of the fridge. I got an above ground pool and no one can see me in my backyard, LOL! My son and I will head out there again tomorrow!!

You are all doing awesome!!!!

I can't say my energy has been all that great, there are some afternoons that I would just love to take a nap, and by the end of the day I am TIRED! I think a big factor is that I'm not eating enough, not b/c of restriction, I'm just grunting it out on will power right now.

I've been watching my calories for the last few days and I think I was probably about 800-900 a day. My weight loss is stalled for 1 1/2 weeks now, and I'm frustrated. I've decided to try eating more, hopeful kick my body out of starvation mode. I'll give it a try, at least I'll be happier with a little more food while I figure out if that's the issue. It's a little hard to convince myself that eating more will help me start losing again, I sure hope so, I don't think I can really eat any less!