Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications and no one seems to care!

The bariatric clinic could really give a flying bleep if u should happen to develop complications. I've experienced nothing but trouble. I knew complications were a chance but never thought I'd be the statistic. I'm dealing with an infection and open wound in my abdomen. I'm having to pack twice daily and change dressing as needed, since its draining a lot. Yea well the hell with me they may as well told me! Can't get my supplies cuz they want to be complete buttholes!

I'm si pissed! I just want all this behind me so I can actually be happy about my WLS decision.

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear you are having those problems and the clinic is not meeting your needs. Infections and open wounds should not be taken lightly as they can lead to other problems. Do you know a Nurse or Nurse Practitioner that you could see to help you keep a watch on that infection and get you some supplies? You might want to use your general practitioner. I know it is additional money but better to play it safe. Sometimes it pays to be the squeaky wheel and maybe the Bariatric Clinic will be more responsive. Please take care of yourself and be your own advocate. Hoping everything is well very soon.

WOW I see you went to Cleveland Clinic they are one of the top 10 hospitals in usa and I thought they had top notch doctors... boy I am sorry this is happening to you...hope someone wises up real SOON

I am so sorry you are going through this. I had an infection in my abdomen and had to have my tummy cut open and left open until it was done healing much like what you are describing. I could not stand the pain of having them clean out the open abdomen every eight hours that luckily my surgeon suggested a wound vac. It saved so much pain and promoted a significantly faster healing process. Ask your surgeon if there are any wound care facilities in your area and if they have the wound vac. Good luck, I know this is a very hard but know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep your chin up.

Do you have a band?

I would go to your primary and have them refer you to a wound clinic since the bariatric surgeon is not doing anything. It happens. Wounds dehiss more then people realize. If you are packing it make sure the packing is wet.

The bariatric clinic could really give a flying bleep if u should happen to develop complications. I've experienced nothing but trouble. I knew complications were a chance but never thought I'd be the statistic. I'm dealing with an infection and open wound in my abdomen. I'm having to pack twice daily and change dressing as needed, since its draining a lot. Yea well the hell with me they may as well told me! Can't get my supplies cuz they want to be complete buttholes!

I'm si pissed! I just want all this behind me so I can actually be happy about my WLS decision.

I have the same surgeon as I also went to the Cleveland Clinic. I am very surprised to hear that you are having this experience! Have you actually seen Dr. Kroh? It's hard to imagine them not caring.

I am experiencing the same issue with infection. I went to the ER yesterday and have my surgeon follow-up tomorrow. I'm in so much pain and nothing is helping.

If I get any good valuable info tom I will be sure to share!

My infection is cleared up and the hole is closing. I'm doing so much better than when I first posted this. Good luck to u!

My infection is cleared up and the hole is closing. I'm doing so much better than when I first posted this. Good luck to u!

AHealthierMeIbside,

You said you are healing now. How long did it take for you to get to the healing point? Were you in a lot of pain as you healed, especially at first? What was your course of treatment?

I'm in a lot of pain since they opened the incision and packed it. I have a small dose of pain meds but it seems to only work for a few hours. Also I am taking 2 types of antibiotics. I just feel hopeless at this point and am questioning if I should have done this at all. Hopefully those thoughts and feelings go away soon!

Thanks!

Well considering I was horrible pain since surgery 2/19 . Went to ER to have it open, drained and packed 3/1, a wk after I came home. I was on an antibiotic 3x daily for a wk. The antibiotics had to work its course. I jus started feeling better within the last wk or 2. My packing is change twice daily. Its now draining a lil blood and its getting smaller and smaller. The hole require less packing. I know its on the right course finally. Ill be 6 wks post-op tomorrow. I know how u feel. The thoughts going through ur mind. I thought everything imaginable. Me being diabetic I knew it would take longer to heal. Its a slow process but for me its getting better. Now to get my mood together, ill be alright.

I couldn't take the pain meds surgeon prescribed for me. I bought extra strength 500 mg tylenol. After it was open /drained I remained in pain maybe a wk after that. The thoughts ur experiencing are normal! This surgery has our bodies/systems completely out of whack.

Today I went to my surgeon who had to open it more and now I will need to pack it for a few weeks. What a pain! I am so glad I found your rant! Now I know that with some time and patience this will get better!

I am so happy for you that you are doing better! Now let the weight roll off!!!!!!!