Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Advice- choosing between Dr. Kelly-Ramos and Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Mexico!

Hey Guys!

I am new to this site :) I finally decided to get Gastric Sleeve surgery. I have been up and down for many years now, and really need some help. As my insurance does not cover WLS, I am self-paid. After months of research, I have narrowed down my options to Dr. Kelly-Ramos and Dr. alejandro lopez in TJ, Mexico. Can anyone share any comments or recommendations?

What facility are they associated with? Do a search for their names on youtube. They usually have customer testimony on there. I used it to make my decision and it proved to be an invaluable resource.

Edited by SlowlybutSurely

Hi Slowlybutsurely!

Dr. Lopez works out of MI doctor Hospitals and INT Hospital. Dr. Kelly works out of Nova.

Which doctor did you decided on?

I had surgery with Dr. Kelly last Tuesday, so I am just over a week out. He is a really sweet person and I believe that he did a great job. I highly recommend him!

Hi, I'm new to this as well my Gastric Bypass surgery is scheduled for June 16 with Doctor Lopez wife (Jacqueline Osuna) I'm doing as much research possible can not really find anything or any one else having expire fence with either one.

Hi, I'm new to this as well my Gastric Bypass surgery is scheduled for June 16 with Doctor Lopez wife (Jacqueline Osuna) I'm doing as much research possible can not really find anything or any one else having expire fence with either one.

Mayra, I am scheduled with Dr Lopez May 19th, I'll let you know how things are there when I get back.

Lenae

Please read post "Beware Mexico Bariatric"

I just finished reading it and then came came across your surgery by same Dr Kelly

Hope you're all doing well and didn't experience any complications.

I'm post-op 4 1/2 by doctor in Burbank, CA

Thanks Lenae! What procedure did you opt for?

VSG.

Please read post "Beware Mexico Bariatric" I just finished reading it and then came came across your surgery by same Dr Kelly Hope you're all doing well and didn't experience any complications. I'm post-op 4 1/2 by doctor in Burbank, CA

I am doing well Scorpion! I'm losing and every day it seems that I feel a little bit better. I've read/heard a lot of different things about Dr. Kelly, mostly good.

I frankly don't know what to believe to tell you the truth. My best friend has surgery/VSG with him last year and she is doing great. I'm trying my best to focus on what I'm supposed to do and my recovery and new lifestyle.

Mayra, I am scheduled with Dr Lopez May 19th, I'll let you know how things are there when I get back.Lenae

I will be there for my surgery on May 20th. Are you taking someone with you?

I will be there for my surgery on May 20th. Are you taking someone with you?

Jrhsangel, my husband will be going with me. I'd be fine by myself, but he insists on going. I think he's afraid they're going to harvest a few organs while they're in there! I hope we can meet and share stories. Lenae

Hi Mayra, I wrote a bit more about my experience on another post you sent me; but, just wanted to say here that I had VSG surgery in Tijuana with Dr. Osuna, Dr. Lopez's wife. Everything went fine, I had no pre-existing conditions or concerns (weighed 200 at 5'5"). The hospital and hotel were also problem free experiences with good hospital care. Surgery date March 11, 2014.

Edited by new-mamma