Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone regret it?

The first thing I said to my mom when I came out from under anesthesia was "why the hell did you let me do this, I feel like I'm dying", 7 months later I would do it every day if I had to. Don't regret it at all. It gets better, and you'll feel better.

Lol you sound just like me when I woke up I just start crying. But reality was it was already done n I had no other choice but deal with almost like having a baby no turning back..

Thanks everyone but. I honestly feel better I'm almost 2 months out. And I finally feel like myself I'm starting to go out.. my nausea is almost fully gone. I have my days I do regret it sometimes.

The first thing I said to my mom when I came out from under anesthesia was "why the hell did you let me do this, I feel like I'm dying", 7 months later I would do it every day if I had to. Don't regret it at all. It gets better, and you'll feel better.

Lol you sound just like me when I woke up I just start crying. But reality was it was already done n I had no other choice but deal with almost like having a baby no turning back..

Glad to know I wasn't the only one :) my surgery was around noon and that whole night I cried and asked my husband what the heck I did and why. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. They couldn't get my pain and nausea under control at all so I was miserable. 1 weeks out I had really bad dehydration thanks to a Protein drink that cleared me out, but 2 weeks out now and I still have moments of regret, but reading these forums and watching the videos on YouTube gives me hope :). I mean 20 lbs in 2 weeks is also giving me a nice push :)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one :) my surgery was around noon and that whole night I cried and asked my husband what the heck I did and why. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. They couldn't get my pain and nausea under control at all so I was miserable. 1 weeks out I had really bad dehydration thanks to a Protein Drink that cleared me out, but 2 weeks out now and I still have moments of regret, but reading these forums and watching the videos on YouTube gives me hope :). I mean 20 lbs in 2 weeks is also giving me a nice push :)

Right and congratulations

I regretted my decision for three weeks after surgery. And I'm only four and a half weeks out now. I woke up from surgery with no pain thanks to the high doses of pain medications however I had my very first anxiety attack in post op recovery and I had one every day when I woke up for three weeks. I think loosing my only vice (food) left me unable to really process or deal with stress. It took me awhile to learn other coping strategies and I'm still learning. I'm so glad the regret stage is over for me. It was harder to deal with than any of the pain ever was.

I was sleeved on March 13th. My surgery went well and my recover about 95% was great, I had a reaction to the glue my doc used to

Close me up. They said it was normal, it hurt like hell to get up and down, painful and burning sensations. But do I regret my decision? Absolutely not, no pain no gain. We risked our lives doing this surgery to make ourselves healthier and we can do more things now. Keep your head up, when things get tough..you can't just give up. This is a hard situation to be in but trust me, a month post op..you'll love every minute of your 'new' life. You can do this.

not at all. best decision ever made.

I'm 18 days out, and I really miss real food, it was how I spent time with other people. Other than that i'm fine and I healed perfectly with no issues, I haven't lost much weight but I am not regretting it because I know my drop will happen.

I have done it about a year a go and it was the best decision I ever made. It totally changed my life. Af coarse you have to pick a dr. That has met all the credentials. My dr. Was board certified surgeon I'm glad I picked him. He was amazing as well as his staffs. Dr. Eslami in sacramento was my dr.

Hey guys , I'm actually 5 days post op and man do I regret doing this. I feel like I'm never going to be able to eat anything again. I'm not taking my Protein shakes because I keep getting severe nauseousness. I need some help. I live alone and it's been tough. I've also had to go back to work as I manage a department and my job basically forced me back. I'm so frustrated. Any ideas suggestions on how else I can get my Protein in? I'm 25 and my doctor said I'm healing at a great rate. I just feel like shit. All day. Help.

Thank goodness for these forums. It's already been very helpful. Just still down in the gutter.

Kadirkara, I think that what you're experiencing is fairly normal. I read every "do you regret it" thread I could find before surgery and a lot of people said they regretted it in the beginning, sometimes up to three months, but that after that, they'd definitely do it again. I keep reminding myself of that when I feel regret. I'm only three weeks out but I already feel tons better than I did the first week so hang in there. I also wasn't even supposed to start Protein until a week out so maybe your stomach just hasn't been ready? Can you drink other liquids? You might try unflavored Protein Powder in that. I just ordered a tub of Unjury brand to put in my drinks and purees as I'm growing tired of the shakes. And living alone might be a benefit - then you don't have to be subjected to the delicious smelling actual foods that other people are eating! ;)

Kadirkara, I think that what you're experiencing is fairly normal. I read every "do you regret it" thread I could find before surgery and a lot of people said they regretted it in the beginning, sometimes up to three months, but that after that, they'd definitely do it again. I keep reminding myself of that when I feel regret. I'm only three weeks out but I already feel tons better than I did the first week so hang in there. I also wasn't even supposed to start Protein until a week out so maybe your stomach just hasn't been ready? Can you drink other liquids? You might try unflavored Protein powder in that. I just ordered a tub of unjury brand to put in my drinks and purees as I'm growing tired of the shakes. And living alone might be a benefit - then you don't have to be subjected to the delicious smelling actual foods that other people are eating! ;)

My doctor said I needed the Protein shake and I was okay with it. I'm heading out to buy some solid food I can purée in my ninja mixer. I'm going to also try some Beans mashed up. I need to find a way to deal with this lack of protein. I will def be ordering the I flavored Unjury brand as you suggested. I've been going crazy with Water. I love Water. I just can't hold anything else. Even tried the Isopure drinks and just can't keep them down. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I truly am blessed this support system exists. =]

My doctor said I needed the Protein shake and I was okay with it. I'm heading out to buy some solid food I can purée in my ninja mixer. I'm going to also try some Beans mashed up. I need to find a way to deal with this lack of Protein. I will def be ordering the I flavored unjury brand as you suggested. I've been going crazy with Water. I love Water. I just can't hold anything else. Even tried the Isopure drinks and just can't keep them down. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I truly am blessed this support system exists. =]

Have you gotten anti nauseau meds from the doc? Get them. Once I had that was fine.

At purée stage for me it was all about the eggs.

I loved one poached egg atop a spoonful of mashed black or red Beans. Add a little cheese too. Huevos rancheros. Voila!

I also did a lot of cheese based stuff. I think I was into cheese and eggs together and separate.

Creamy Soups I did a little but honestly the salt made me feel like I was swallowing a salt lick. I was salt sensitive.

I have regretted it almost everyday since I had it done on the 20th. Between the pain, having issues getting my Protein in, and now becoming lactose intolerant (which ive been told is a rare but possible side effect). Im hoping it gets better but yes right now I really do regret it.

I have regretted it almost everyday since I had it done on the 20th. Between the pain, having issues getting my Protein in, and now becoming lactose intolerant (which ive been told is a rare but possible side effect). Im hoping it gets better but yes right now I really do regret it.

No don't regret it I had a tough recovery for 2 months I was in and out of the hospital for dehydration because I wasn't able to eat or drink . I'm also lactose intolerant now and I wasn't before. But I'm 7 months out now and I went from 326 to 209 and I have 59 more pounds to go. Stay strong you'll get through this.