Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Splatt83 yes you will be ok! It is probably from sneezing and using your abdomen muscles. I couldn't lay down for 5 wks. I had to sleep in my recliner. Could be suture pulling as well. Hang in there!!

Thank you so much ;) that makes me feel better... For a min I thought I was dying lol

Bummer, yet another set back. I was starting to manage quite well only need pain killers a few times a day. Yesterday at work the shutters wouldn't open and I had to really stretch myself to try and sort them out, that coupled with doing hair and nails for 10 hours has really set me back weeks. I'm in agony again today. I can hardly move and lucky for me I keep having a sneezing fit, which I know you'll all know how much that tickles. Never mind it's five weeks tomorrow for my op so I'm hoping this will all be cleared up in the next week. Please everyone cross your fingers for me xxz

Any day now Katie and thy should pop!!! Right before mine did it got much more painful! Then the next day "pop" they went!! I'm hoping for you it is any minute!!!!!!

Lol it's starting to get comical if I'm honest. I'm like a geriatric only less able bodied. I've got to laugh else of cry! Thanks tho donna hearing from you really helps me, I think we've had a very similar state of affairs. How are you doing these days?

I'm glad I'm helping you! I was miserable and scared I would have that pain forever, and everyone kept telling me I be patient but it was hard! Yes laughter is good even though I did cry a lot! I'm much better now! No pain at all and working out at the gym 3 days a week! I just started losing again after being stalled for 2 weeks. There is a light at the end if the tunnel and you will get through this soon!!

KatieTC- I'm 8 wks out now but my story sounds like yours! The day after the surgery I stood up and couldn't stand all the way and noticed my stomach had a big bulge on the left side. Come to find out my inner sutures were tied too tight and in 2 spots the were pulling my outer stomach in so it was very painful to move. When I got home I couldn't lay down, had to sleep in my recliner. Make a long story short the dr told me it would take 2-4 wks for the sutures to release and pop. It took 5 wks. Once it did I felt much better no pain! I was in pain for that whole 5 weeks anytime I moved around because the sutures were pulling. It definitely delayed being about to exercise and move around comfortably. I was out of work for 3 wks and needed a fourth week. I couldn't walk without my hand supporting the left side of my belly. I'm wondering if you have the same thing happening? I hope you feel better soon!!!! Try ice that is what the dr told me.

Thank you for sharing this. I think in having the same thing. I can't stand up straight. I sleep in a recliner or with a pile of pillows. I can't lift a leg, squat, sneeze or laugh too hard without pain. It's good to know there is an end in sight.

sent home with liquid vicodin and not big on taking pain medication so tried not to take any on my second day home and paying for it now.

woke up at midnight with pain out of control and now having to get on top of it again.

eating small amounts, walking and sip, sip, sip but not working. Hospital kept telling me to use meds before pain got to bad cause it is hard to get back on top of it.

feeling a little better 30 min. later but probably be sleeping in recliner tonight. Need to learn to listen to my body better and keep using the ice and heating pad also, I know it will get better just need to whine a little here and use the resources I have to keep the pain down and stay active.

When I woke up from my sleeve I honestly thought something had went wrong because I was in so much pain. I've had 4 other surgeries and none prepared me for the pain level I was at.

Then, I was bending about a week and a half after surgery and ripped some internal scar tissue. It was agonizing.

It happens. Some people heal faster. Some people have little or no pain. I wasn't one of those. I'm 5 weeks out today and feel fine except every once in a while when I'm lying down and twist wrong.

Hang in there. It will get better. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it will.

April

Oh gosh, I'm really worried, I haven't been able to stick to the diet I'm one week out for surgery and I smoke more now thinking about quitting than I did two weeks ago. Do anyone screw up completely but still have surgery and did fine or what should I do.

Oh gosh, I'm really worried, I haven't been able to stick to the diet I'm one week out for surgery and I smoke more now thinking about quitting than I did two weeks ago. Do anyone screw up completely but still have surgery and did fine or what should I do.

My doc's office said the pre-op diet isn't just to shrink your liver, but to see if you have the resolve to stick to a diet and test yourself to know whether or not you are ready. I am not trying to judge you or complain, but you asked. If you went to my surgeon she would not perform a surgery on you. Smoking increases the risk of blood clots. You could die. She has not had a death and wouldn't perform the surgery just based on that alone.

It's normal to be nervous. And maybe you're sabotaging yourself subconsciously because you honestly aren't ready. I'd talk to a therapist about it and go from there.

Best of luck, April

My surgeon will not operate on smokers because of bleeding. He said he's responsible for outcome and he's knows smokers will have complications. If you can't follow the diet, see if you can move surgery back a week or 2. The best thing they did was ease me onto a liquid diet before surgery. I did 1200 calories a day on a restricted diet for 4 wks, then 1000 cals a day for 2 wks before surgery, nothing but liquid for 30 hrs before.

I don't think you're ready and you don't want to start off with complication. I had my gall bladder removed also. I was back to work in 2 weeks and off pain meds by then. Minimal complaints. I mean I can't exercise yet but it went well. Don't set yourself up and certainly be honest with your surgeon if you're smoking.

Strange things are happening now. I'm almost 10 weeks out, I've lost 2 stone 9 pounds which is great but my weightloss has been stuck at this point for about 3 weeks now. I was pain free for about a week and a half and before that my pain was manageable. I even started swimming which was great. In the last week I have had several severe episodes. It starts slow with small twinges down my left side. These twinges build to severely painful spasms. At one point last weekend I was back in bed for two days unable to move. I call my hospital, the first thing they said was "we only cover you for 20 days after your surgery" nice to know their priorities. After I advised them I was not looking for free treatment the nurse said if it's been 9 weeks since your surgery I don't think it will have anything to do with that. Ring the hospital. Thanks for all your help Spire! You are of no comfort at all. I know the pains are surgery related they are in the exact same place as all my other recovery pains. It's a little bit disheartening as I was really enjoying getting into swimming but when I have an episode I just try to slow down and dose up on pain killers xxx

Strange things are happening now. I'm almost 10 weeks out, I've lost 2 stone 9 pounds which is great but my weightloss has been stuck at this point for about 3 weeks now. I was pain free for about a week and a half and before that my pain was manageable. I even started swimming which was great. In the last week I have had several severe episodes. It starts slow with small twinges down my left side. These twinges build to severely painful spasms. At one point last weekend I was back in bed for two days unable to move. I call my hospital, the first thing they said was "we only cover you for 20 days after your surgery" nice to know their priorities. After I advised them I was not looking for free treatment the nurse said if it's been 9 weeks since your surgery I don't think it will have anything to do with that. Ring the hospital. Thanks for all your help Spire! You are of no comfort at all. I know the pains are surgery related they are in the exact same place as all my other recovery pains. It's a little bit disheartening as I was really enjoying getting into swimming but when I have an episode I just try to slow down and dose up on pain killers xxx

I'm 2 months out and have pains in my largest incision Bc I ripped internal scar tissue. It heals with time.

Hi I am 4 weeks post op I have lost 13kg but in the last two weeks only a couple of 100grams and was wondering if this was normal at this point and time seems so soon to not lose much I still found it very hard to drink my Water and sip all day but not getting even a lt down I have 4-6 small meals of purée thick Soup ,porridge ,yogurt or purée apple about 1/4 cup founding it hard getting Protein Powder shakes in so don't always have them what do you think am I doing it wrong

Hi I am 4 weeks post op I have lost 13kg but in the last two weeks only a couple of 100grams and was wondering if this was normal at this point and time seems so soon to not lose much I still found it very hard to drink my Water and sip all day but not getting even a lt down I have 4-6 small meals of purée thick Soup ,porridge ,yogurt or purée apple about 1/4 cup founding it hard getting Protein powder shakes in so don't always have them what do you think am I doing it wrong

Hi no your not doing it wrong, your just learning. I'm 10 weeks out and I still have a ton of stuff to learn. Don't worry about your weight loss it comes off slow for some people. My sister is 2 weeks behind me and has lost a lot less but she is still loosing. I dropped a load of weight really fast and now I've stayed the same for weeks. It really is different for everyone. My doctor told me not to have shakes and just try to eat real foods at a consistency i could manage. I still struggle to drink enough water ( if I'm honest I never drink anywhere near enough water). Follow what your doctor says and just do your best. Try not to stress it's still a long road even with our sleeves but it's going to come off :) xxx