Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So on Monday I will be 3 weeks out. I gained 8lbs my first week from all the gas and IV liquids and lost that plus an additional 12lbs week 2, and only 3lbs this week. I know I should be grateful, don't get me wrong!! But I'm struggling to get in my Protein and Water. Yesterday I only got 18g of protein and 4 glasses of water. I'm am having trouble with Protein Shakes, they just make me sick anymore! I eat high protein foods but I can only eat so little that I only get in half the protein. Any tips from anyone who's a veteran sleever or someone further out?! Is this the beginning of the "3week stall" everyone's talking about? And how are you getting in your protein?!

Have you tried different Protein drinks? One of my favorite drinks is to mix a scoop of Sytrax nectar Lemon Tea with a little packet of Crystal Light peach mango tea into 20 oz of Water. Add a few ice cubes. I sip on that for a few hours. I also like powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury strawberry sorbet mixed with crystal light cherrypomegranate into 20 oz of Water. Not too thick, not too sweet.

I struggled to get my Protein and Water in as at 3 weeks as well - you just do the best you can. Remember, you're still recovering from major surgery.

I agree with the above post - maybe try a different Protein Drink. It's not uncommon for you to become intolerant to a particular brand after surgery. Also, try thinning it out a bit more than usual. Some become lactose intolerant after surgery - that may be something to look into. Also, unjury makes an unflavored Protein supplement - you can add it anything and it doesn't change the taste. One thing that helped me get some protein in early on was Health Wise Hot chocolate (I purchased mine at www.mybariatricpantry.com). It has 15 grams of protein, so not as much as a shake, but it really did help me get my numbers up when I couldn't stand the thought of another shake.< /p>

Best of luck to you! Things will get better, I promise!

i also have had a problen with the Protein drinks but then my son bought me a magic bullut its like a small blender, any way i put my premier Protein shake in it with a few ice cubes , blend it up and when i am done its like a choc milk shake and it seems to even taste better.. also the liquid Protein you can use it to make sugar free Jello instead of the Water..another way to get in protein..

Thanks for the tips everyone. I bought these fruit flavored drinks like Lemon Razzy, Orange pineapple, etc that have 15g of Protein in then but I just can't seem to get past the sweetness. They say to mix with 6-8oz Water, I mix with 16oz and they still taste too sweet for me! I have the unflavored protein and I add that to thinks like when I eat pudding or cottage cheese but really it's not like I'm adding a whole scoop, so it's only giving me an extra 1g or 2g. I love hot chocolate so maybe I'll try that route. I tried mixing some unflavored protein with my flavored water and that tastes gross!!! Just gonna keep trying!

I struggled to get my Protein and Water in as at 3 weeks as well - you just do the best you can. Remember, you're still recovering from major surgery.

I agree with the above post - maybe try a different Protein Drink. It's not uncommon for you to become intolerant to a particular brand after surgery. Also, try thinning it out a bit more than usual. Some become lactose intolerant after surgery - that may be something to look into. Also, unjury makes an unflavored Protein supplement - you can add it anything and it doesn't change the taste. One thing that helped me get some protein in early on was Health Wise Hot chocolate (I purchased mine at www.mybariatricpantry.com). It has 15 grams of protein, so not as much as a shake, but it really did help me get my numbers up when I couldn't stand the thought of another shake.< /p>

Thanks for posting this. I'm very much also struggling this week with Water and protein shakes. I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and kinda miserable with the food water circus. Where do I buy Unjury?

My 3-week stall lasted for 2 weeks. I didn't gain anything, but I didn't lose either. I just fluctuated 1-2 pounds either way. I was really challenged with getting Protein in too until I found Ensure High Protein shakes. I chill the milk chocolate flavor and it tastes like a chocolate malt, not gritty and no bad aftertaste. Best of all, each bottle has 25g protein, only 5g sugar and 210 calories as well as a lot of Vitamins and minerals. They also come in vanilla, dark chocolate and strawberry but I haven't tried those so I can't tell you how they taste. The only drawback is they are a bit pricey at $9.99/4-pack, but considering that per bottle it is only one-third the price of the Big Mac value meals I used to buy, it is ok with me. I also like that I can grab it and go, no messing with a blender, multiple ingredients and all of that. Water was really hard to get down and is still my least favorite beverage, so I mix Crystal Light with it or choose light juices or diet sodas (flattened until about 6-8 weeks post-op). Good luck!

I had a really hard time with everything being too sweet, too (still do). I ended up eating a lot of Soup that I added the Unjury unflavored powder to. Diluted, strained cream Soups at first, and then most any soup (without noodles). Split pea soup and bean soups actually have a lot of Protein even without the added powder. I still have soup nearly everyday. Warm stuff goes down better than cold, and I try to double up my protein and liquid intake however I can.

The latest things I've been drinking are New Whey Protein 42 grams comes 3.8 oz. cones in different flavors. So happy I found these ... Also, Isopure has 40 grams... It's like a nasty Powerade. Another drink protein ice 42 grams

The latest things I've been drinking are new whey Protein 42 grams comes 3.8 oz. cones in different flavors. So happy I found these ... Also, Isopure has 40 grams... It's like a nasty Powerade. Another drink protein ice 42 grams

You can handle these?? I drank one and almost barfed everywhere. It helped when I mixed it with equal part Water, but I almost gag thinking about it now. Blech.

I agree with the above post - maybe try a different Protein Drink. It's not uncommon for you to become intolerant to a particular brand after surgery. Also, try thinning it out a bit more than usual. Some become lactose intolerant after surgery - that may be something to look into. Also, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes an unflavored Protein supplement - you can add it anything and it doesn't change the taste. One thing that helped me get some protein in early on was Health Wise Hot chocolate (I purchased mine at www.mybariatricpantry.com). It has 15 grams of protein, so not as much as a shake, but it really did help me get my numbers up when I couldn't stand the thought of another shake.< /p>

Thanks for posting this. I'm very much also struggling this week with Water and Protein shakes. I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and kinda miserable with the food water circus. Where do I buy Unjury?

You can buy Unjury online at their website: http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/ -- it is pretty good because it isn't too thick and it tastes pretty good. They also have recipes on the website.

I'd def recommend the Unjury chicken Soup. Tastes just like broth and has 21g Protein. I get 1 or 2 in a day, plus an ensure shake. I can't envision ever getting 80g protein in without supplementing ... but that's my goal :)

Since I was a young woman in the 70's.......I'm familiar with the art of a shot. I don't need salt, lemons or limes. I shake the whey Protein shot, open the lid, hit the protein shot on the bar er my kitchen counter. Tip my head back n chug, chug, chug. Sometimes I even hear the applause of the bar crowd as I slam the empty shot back on the counter. Give a little shudder and I have my non food protein of the day! Then i hear Jouney begin singing "Don't stop believing". It's all good. Find your groove and mantra.

I'm two weeks out, and getting in the Protein isn't a problem. I've been using Eat The Bear brand Protein powder, and Isopure Protein Water. The Isopure Water packs the protein punch with 40grams per 20oz serving. The pineapple is my favorite so far. Maybe you can have some tuna fish or eggs?

Now, getting in water, that's another story, but I'm trying.

You can handle these?? I drank one and almost barfed everywhere. It helped when I mixed it with equal part Water, but I almost gag thinking about it now. Blech.

I have the same problem. I was able to tolerate them pre-op but now, just the smell of them makes me nauseated.