Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

Thanks! I got a B! YAY!

Congrats!:smile2:

no restriction with 2nd fill maybe next one... :thumbup:
Yes, very tricky.

I need a fill too but I really can't afford it right now. I wish I knew how to do my own! HA HA!!

I am right there with you both. I need a fill in the worse way. My eating has really picked up, but I am scared to get a fill. My mouth isn't back to normal so I am scared that I will start having PB issues. I don't want to risk it. I guess I will see if I gain weight while waiting.

Your mouth is still hurting? I am scared to get a fill too because I am afraid it will get too tight again. Does anyone know if Jennifer is giving the fills now?

For the most part, my mouth only hurts when I chew now. I had them adjusted then bent a chain. They had to replace it. That just put my already tender mouth into full agony. I have been trying to eat anyway to toughen it up, but I know I am not chewing as much as I should. I am terrified that I would be too tight for that. Of course, now I can eat pretty much anything. I am stalled. I have gone back to gaining and losing the same 5-7 pounds. I had gained 7 from my lowest, but have since lost 3 of those. I refuse to change my ticker though. :thumbup:

I refuse to change my ticker too! HA HA!

I know how bad braces can hurt. Be sure you are flossing really good. I know it sounds crazy, but flossing will help with the pain. My teeth are so discolored from braces. I bought some generic white strips from Walmart. I really hope they work.

For the most part, my mouth only hurts when I chew now. I had them adjusted then bent a chain. They had to replace it. That just put my already tender mouth into full agony. I have been trying to eat anyway to toughen it up, but I know I am not chewing as much as I should. I am terrified that I would be too tight for that. Of course, now I can eat pretty much anything. I am stalled. I have gone back to gaining and losing the same 5-7 pounds. I had gained 7 from my lowest, but have since lost 3 of those. I refuse to change my ticker though. :smile2:

i have been going up and down 5 pounds since my slip and i havent changed my ticker either. i am not willing to give those pounds back. :thumbup:

i dont think jennifer is giving fills yet but i dont know.

Congrats!:biggrin:

I am right there with you both. I need a fill in the worse way. My eating has really picked up, but I am scared to get a fill. My mouth isn't back to normal so I am scared that I will start having PB issues. I don't want to risk it. I guess I will see if I gain weight while waiting.

I sympathize about the need for a fill. I need one so bad that I went ahead and scheduled my second one for this coming Tuesday. He can only do fills on Tuesdays and everyone has to be at memorial @ 11:45 though we usually don't get filled right away. I had to wait two hours for my first one. I hope this one is all it will take, I have a little bit of restriction, and I don't want to have a lot, but I truely need more.

Carrie, congrats on the B. Way to go!

Corliss:thumbup:

Punkster - I think you and I were getting a fill on the same day a couple of weeks ago. Not sure though.

Speaking of stalling, I haven't lost any since July. I have been of the frame of mind that says if I bust my tail and push through the hunger in between meals and loose weight, I will skew what Dr. Ponce is looking at during each fill. I think he decides how much fill to proceed with based on weight loss and the couple of questions he asks when I walk in. I figure if I am losing weight, which I feel pretty confident I can, he will slow my fill down. I personally want to get to the point where I really cannot eat very much. I am still at the point where I can eat anything - nothing gets stuck, nothing is off the menu. I read about how people have issues with foods and I think that I don't have the issues because I do not have enought fill yet. With all that being said, I feel like I am gambling a little. I am worried that I may be going about this process the wrong way.

I went for my second fill yesterday. My insurance won't pay since it is not a bariatric service provided at Erlanger. That stinks but Memorial worked a deal with me for cash pay and it beats the heck out of flying back to Mexico for a fill. I need to get in touch with the MD office and see what I can work out with them. Maybe if i need another one of if this one is a tad to tight he says he should be able to do it without fluoro and that should be a good thing. I think maybe I am at a good place. Just ate some Jello and felt restriction for a bit. UMMMM wonderful feeling!

I am so ready for some serious wt loss. I didn't loose anything to amount to anything since rebanding, but honestly I have not worked real hard at it. I went through some serious depression post rebanding and prior to rebanding and just lost my momentum. I now have 5 ml in my 10 ml realize model and am sooo hoping for good but not over tight restriction. My fill doc doesn't allow even softs for 5 days so it will be a while before i can test drive it. I am hungry as a bear with a band can get today. I had made the unfortunate committment to make my killer chili for a benefit at work today, lol! I mean sheer torture cause I do love my own chili and I cook by taste. It has taken all my willpower to spit out the mouthful i took to test it. My dog loves it! (Gross I know.) We better raise a lot of money is all I have to say!

I had so hoped to be down to goal(170) by Christmas but with only a 5 lb loss so far it ain't happening. I am resetting my goal to be in ONDERLAND by Christmas instead. I like to win. Wish me luck.

Corliss

I know what both of you mean. I haven't lost any in months either. I was doing good about exercising again, but I have been sick this week and I haven't been able to do anything.

I know what both of you mean. I haven't lost any in months either. I was doing good about exercising again, but I have been sick this week and I haven't been able to do anything.

are we all in a stall? interesting.

corliss - my goal was to be down 100 lbs by my 1 year anniversary. that is nov and i am 20- 30 lbs away. not sure i will make it but hoping that this next fill will be effective. it will be my "3rd" so i am hopeful.

carrie - sorry you feel bad. get well soon.

Edited by punkster

doing ok slim? i noticed you hadnt posted in the other thread for a few days. hope everything is good.

i am going to start posting again over there when i actually have some restriction. right now it is a frickin' free for all because i can eat as much of anything as i want. it sucks.:smile2:

hope everyone else is doing well too.:smile2:

Hey punkster. I am doing ok. I am just not sure how much I will be on this site anymore. I wil try to check in with you all to make sure you are doing ok. Thanks for asking. I hope that everyone is ok.

Take care.

Hey punkster. I am doing ok. I am just not sure how much I will be on this site anymore. I wil try to check in with you all to make sure you are doing ok. Thanks for asking. I hope that everyone is ok.

Take care.

Hey Slim, I hope all is well. I will miss hearing from you regularly.

Corliss