Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

I had the exploratory surgery yesterday. I had endometriosis, a uterine fibroid, and 2 large cysts on my left ovary. The doctor said he took care of everything. I am in a lot of pain though.

I am glad you are getting this taken care of now. You should be much better within a week. My most recent lap band was a breeze and you are smaller than I am. Your size makes an amazing difference, not to mention that you are a youngun' and I am older than dirt! LOL!

Corliss

I have found that breakfast food isn't appealing. I eat cheese or drink a slim fast low carb. I don't like Protein Shakes. The taste kills me. I sometimes eat cream of wheat, but that isn't the greatest for staying with you. I have just found that I will eat whatever is available as opposed to "breakfast" food. How sad am I?

I was wondering what you all are eating for breakfast regularly. I have had a slipped band that was repaired and so I am not going to be eating eggs or breads.

My thoughts are yogurt and cottage cheese but I bet that these will get old.

Any other ideas for food besides Protein Shakes?

are you talking about while you are recovering from the surgery? Or going forward?

I would think that yogurt, cottage cheese, shakes etc. are not going to be stopped by the band. If you can eat stuff like that and not be real hungry by lunch, then go for it.

I was wondering what you all are eating for breakfast regularly. I have had a slipped band that was repaired and so I am not going to be eating eggs or breads.

My thoughts are yogurt and cottage cheese but I bet that these will get old.

Any other ideas for food besides Protein Shakes?

Hey Punk, I think oatmeal is a good choice and my absolute favorite is grits with cheese and an egg dropped in it just before taking it off stove. stir it before droping it, it is Egg drop Soup, Tennessee style, lol!

Are you going to permenantly have to watch things like eggs or were they always hard on you? Since I have my second band I haven't restricted myself, but maybe I should.

Corliss

Thanks everyone, I am feeling much better today.

As for breakfast, I can't keep much at all down in the mornings. I have found that grits seem to be the only thing that will stay down. Sometimes I can eat oatmeal, but rarely. I usually don't get hungry until the afternoon.

Are you going to permenantly have to watch things like eggs or were they always hard on you? Since I have my second band I haven't restricted myself, but maybe I should.

Corliss

thanks for the suggestions. i wasnt sure if things like grits were good for weight loss. i am just really confused now about everything band related.

corliss - i unfortuanatley hate oatmeal. i never had a problem with eggs at all before but they think that may have been what caused my slip. :confused: i am trying and to avoid them at all costs. they told me to be extremely careful with eggs and any other avoidable foods (hotdogs, etc.). i am scared that i will be eating poached chicken breasts for the rest of my life.

cmexrl - i was talking about long term.

thankfully i am over the beginning diet stuff. i had my "first" fill today. back to "regular" food. is everything in air quotes now? talk about altered reality. :) i gained 9 lbs when I weighed today. I knew I was going to gain but I wish it hadnt been that much.

Edited by punkster

Thanks everyone, I am feeling much better today.

As for breakfast, I can't keep much at all down in the mornings. I have found that grits seem to be the only thing that will stay down. Sometimes I can eat oatmeal, but rarely. I usually don't get hungry until the afternoon.

Glad you are feeling better. When I am filled I don't get hungry until afternoon either but I have been told that to accelerate your weight loss you should eat something within an hour of getting up so I try to. Usually can't eat more than a few bites (well, a couple of months ago anyway).

thanks for the suggestions. i wasnt sure if things like grits were good for weight loss. i am just really confused now about everything band related.

corliss - i unfortuanatley hate oatmeal. i never had a problem with eggs at all before but they think that may have been what caused my slip. :confused: i am trying and to avoid them at all costs. they told me to be extremely careful with eggs and any other avoidable foods (hotdogs, etc.). i am scared that i will be eating poached chicken breasts for the rest of my life.

cmexrl - i was talking about long term.

thankfully i am over the beginning diet stuff. i had my "first" fill today. back to "regular" food. is everything in air quotes now? talk about altered reality. :) i gained 9 lbs when I weighed today. I knew I was going to gain but I wish it hadnt been that much.

Hey punk, grits only have 120-130 cals in a full cup and if you make them thin even less. If you have a half cup along with a half slice of cheese or a wedge of laughing cow light that isn't much at all. I also don't think the egg drop grits would be difficult at all and it gives you some Protein. I would put one egg in about two servings of grits, and put the cheese in afterwards, Check out the consistency and see what you think if you want to try this. I absolutely love oatmeal. you can eat it with cheese in it instead of grits and it is wonderful. You might like the steele cut oats. I like Peanut Butter and crackers too.

I will be so glad to get my fill.

Corliss

Hey punk, grits only have 120-130 cals in a full cup and if you make them thin even less. If you have a half cup along with a half slice of cheese or a wedge of laughing cow light that isn't much at all. I also don't think the egg drop grits would be difficult at all and it gives you some Protein. I would put one egg in about two servings of grits, and put the cheese in afterwards, Check out the consistency and see what you think if you want to try this. I absolutely love oatmeal. you can eat it with cheese in it instead of grits and it is wonderful. You might like the steele cut oats. I like Peanut Butter and crackers too.

I will be so glad to get my fill.

Corliss

you sound hungry. :)

Punkster-I am glad that you were able to get your fill and eat regular foods. I am confused about the eggs though. If it didn't cause you problems to eat them, what is it about eggs that make them think that caused your slip? I don't eat a lot of eggs now, but I hadn't avoided them. If this is a known problem, why haven't they told us all to not eat them?

Punkster-I am glad that you were able to get your fill and eat regular foods. I am confused about the eggs though. If it didn't cause you problems to eat them, what is it about eggs that make them think that caused your slip? I don't eat a lot of eggs now, but I hadn't avoided them. If this is a known problem, why haven't they told us all to not eat them?

it is mostly scrambled eggs which includes omlettes and frittatas. they talk about it in support group at gbi occasionally. brooke says it is the rubbery texture they tend to get. i hadnt had a problem but it was one of the first things i got really sick on during the few days of painful vomiting. another thing to avoid is hotdogs (with skin which is a gross thought) they say. i got sick on this too. it was what started the unrelenting pain but the eggs started the pain. i hadnt had a problem with hotdogs either. i had eaten one on fourth of july and was fine.

they also say sometimes this just happens. may i restate the confusion i have. scrambled eggs was a go to item for me but i can not explain this pain i had so i am avoiding. apparently they have caused more than a few slips. :thumbup: it is defintely a known problem i have come to find out.

Edited by punkster

That is awful! Like I said, I don't eat a lot of eggs (other than boiled put into salads), but they had never really said anything to me about being careful with eggs. I knew about stringy meats and the veggies with stalks. I hate the thought of something so simple as a hot dog causing issues. Of course, I don't buy hot dogs that have skin, but I had bought smoked sausage with skin. I have been sticking to skinless just because it was rather gross trying to chew that skin forever. I am a firm believer that this kind of stuff just happens. I guess if I could make it to the support meetings, I would hear more about this kind of stuff. I don't blame you for avoiding the eggs and bread. They say ignorance is bliss, but you now have personal knowledge of that pain. I am sorry that you went through that punkster.