Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies In April

Glad to hear that the March bandsters are doing well!

My port was placed on my right side between ribs and waist line. (I'm 4'11" and there isn't much room) I have a problem bending all the way over to tie my right shoe. No pain but I can definately feel my port, like I'm squishing it into my gut.

I've lost 12 lbs since surgery, but I've stayed the same for almost 2 weeks. How can that be possible? I'm barely eating 600 calories a day.

I know the whole thing should be healing not losing weight, but my gosh, on any normal day pre-band, I'd eat 2 bowls of Cereal for bkfst, coffee with Creamer, 2 double cheeseburgers and a bag of white chedder popcorn for lunch and eat while I was cooking dinner.

It's kinda frustrating.

I haven't started back up my exercise routine yet.

Maybe that's my problem.

Hi all,

It sounds like my fellow Marchies are doing good!! :clap2: My surgery was March16th. I went through surgery just fine, and did not have any of the terrible gas pains after surgery that everyone else has talked about. BUT, I have had a throbbing pain from the swelling where my port was placed since surgery. :phanvan My doctor told me that I would be swollen for about 3 weeks, so I have another week of the pain. :faint:

I was on liquids for 2 weeks and moved to soft/mushie foods on Saturday. I am soooo enjoying scrambled eggs and cottage cheese! :biggrin1: I still do not have much of an appetite, and almost no energy! I eat about a 1K calories a day, and since I am not hungry, I have not had many cravings either! The lack of appetite and cravings is a good thing, since my first fill is not scheduled until April 19th!

So far I have lost 25 pounds and my clothes are fitting a lot looser! :clap2: No one that I work with knows that I had this done, so even though, I have baggy pants, I have not had any comments. I have not started exercising yet ;) and I don't want to tell someone that "diet and exercise" is how I'm losing weight, when I still take a nap every afternoon after work!:notagree

Gook luck to everyone and I hope all of our weight loss continues!

Happy Monday Everybody!!!

Welcome Afrykanvyolet and to ALL our newest March Bandsters! Thanks for joining us!

Oh Scarlett, I am so sorry to hear that. I have read about others with port infections and I believe it is easily cleared up by taking antibiotics. That could be one reason why some are given antibiotics right after surgery. I did not receive an antibiotic after surgery and getting an infection was one of my concerns. Everything should be OK. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thanks Tammy...

Got lots of drugs today from the doctor so hopfully things will be back on track again. From the lack of comments from others I guess this is a rare thing to get:sick

"Thanks for all the details Synicalchick. I wondered how that worked..sitting up with a needle sticking out your side certainly explains it."

Actually, my port is dead center under my sternum. I know some port sites are to the side. Not sure what the benefits are to the different positions. Is yours on the side??

T

I was banded on March 20th and my port is on the bottom right side, it's a pretty small incision. I'm going for my 1st fill April 26th.:clap2:

hi all-just checking in. My pain is all but gone and the doc said I can start mushies. I went and bought hummus, pate and that soft cow cheese. I also found out you can make steel oats in a rice cooker so I am going to do that tonight. If you put them on at night they are suppose to be nice and warm in the morning-we will see. I have not really been feeling deprived, in fact I think I need to get in more calories so I do not go into starvation mode. School starts tomorrow and I will be experimenting with things I can keep in my backpack that are good to eat. It sounds like we are all doing really good. the next habit I am going to try and break myself of is weighing myself everyday. I was 200 this morning but I am not going to update my ticker or weigh myself again til Sunday. Bye all and Thanks for all the support-this site is awesome.

Well, it's done. 3/30/07...FINALLY! :D Surgery went well, but I'm one gassy gal. :) I bubble from shoulders to hip mostly in the evenings. Things are going well, and I look forward to the time when I won't have these gas pains. Otherwise...the liquid stage is great (after a month of Protein Drinks for pre-op). Ahhh, flavor! Glad to hear everyone's doing well. ;)

I've lost 12 lbs since surgery, but I've stayed the same for almost 2 weeks. How can that be possible? I'm barely eating 600 calories a day.

I know the whole thing should be healing not losing weight, but my gosh, on any normal day pre-band, I'd eat 2 bowls of cereal for bkfst, coffee with creamer, 2 double cheeseburgers and a bag of white chedder popcorn for lunch and eat while I was cooking dinner.

It's kinda frustrating.

I haven't started back up my exercise routine yet.

Maybe that's my problem.

Have you checked measurements? I lost 20 lbs fast, then didn't lose for a week. Checked measurements yesterday though, and 11 inches are gone!! Seems to be how my weight loss goes. Lose lbs, then stall a bit and lose inches, then lose lbs again. I bet exercise will kick start the loss again, and those lbs will be melting away again soon!

I finally purcased a scale today and to my delight I lost another 6 lbs since my follow up appintment. I wish it was more - I know I should be excersising more :-(

I go for my first fill on 4/12!

Hi, was wondering where all the Marchies went! Great to see so many going well. I was banded on 28/3 (we write it the other way round downunder!) & apart from high temps resulting in a course of antibiotics 3 days later, have been doing ok.

Like most, I am still quite sore around the port site & get a bit light headed of a morning. Am drinking heaps of Water, milo, Soup, Protein drinks & peppermint tea & doing gentle walks on the treadmill.

Hit 10kg (22 pounds) loss today, which is just under the 3 week mark of starting Optifast. (I did gain in hospital, but 3 days later, that dropped off.)

Am struggling with the head hunger though lol! Got another week of liquids yet:tired

Cheers,

Cate

'It all took about 10 minutes from weigh in/strip down to fill up.

For some reason that had me LOL. Weigh in/strip down to fill up.

Congrats on your loss!! I bet you feel like a million bucks.

Today is the day for the scale. I decided not to do it everyday because when it doesn't move what I think it should move I get discouraged. Well, it didn't move. So my loss for 14 days is 24 pounds. Still happy as hell about it, but for some reason, I wanted one more pound gone to round out at 25. But 24 gone and 66 to go. I know what I did wrong. I dropped my Protein way down since I have been on full liquids. Plan on adding two Protein drinks (something fruity) a day. Or at least adding powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury broth to other Soups.

Good luck to all our Marchies this month.

Yay Trac! :clap2:

Hiya guys/gals! I just started my pre-op today and I concur with whoever said liquids SUCK! LOL

Sygnalchic: YOU ARE FRIGGEN HILLARIOUS! I'm hoping you are still as full as a tick! and I gotta get me some of those tie dyed skivies!

I can't wait to join everyone in band land!

"Thanks for all the details Synicalchick. I wondered how that worked..sitting up with a needle sticking out your side certainly explains it."

Actually, my port is dead center under my sternum. I know some port sites are to the side. Not sure what the benefits are to the different positions. Is yours on the side??

T

Yes, it's on my left side.

Today is the day for the scale. I decided not to do it everyday because when it doesn't move what I think it should move I get discouraged. Well, it didn't move. So my loss for 14 days is 24 pounds.

I tend to become obsessed with weighing myself when dieting so I decided to only weigh-in every Tuesday evening at the hospital when I go to group meetings which will be tonight. Last Tuesday I was 257...I am anxious to see what the scale says tonight!

Today was a hard day - went out to eat for a relative's birthday dinner. Got some fabulous fish and well cooked veggies. As usual I was full VERY quickly.

But I still wanted to eat because it tasted so good. I was so pissed off that I couldn't. I guess that is part of the adjustment phase - my body wasn't hungry but man oh man did my taste buds and head want some more!

I know exactly what you mean. I have been struggling with that this past weekend and over ate. Man I was very very uncomfortable. And still did it yesterday!!! I put myself on Soup today and I am feeling better.

Anyone know how stress affects the band?

G

I know exactly what you mean. I have been struggling with that this past weekend and over ate. Man I was very very uncomfortable. And still did it yesterday!!! I put myself on Soup today and I am feeling better.

Anyone know how stress affects the band?

G

Big Hugs! :hug: It is definitley a big change...learning to take smaller bites, chew, chew, chew, and knowing when to stop. It will take some time learning these things. I know you can do it and you will be successful! :) Try again tomorrow. You will get the hang of it. I hear that stress can make you feel more restricted.