Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to be sleeved

Hi I am from NSW, my operation is the 28th march, I feel its the wright thing for me, but the few people I have spoken to about it feel I should be able to do it on my own.

It make me feel ashamed. Feeling lonely don't want to talk to anyone about it.

I get that a lot even from family ( why don't you just eat less?) that have seen me go up and down 50-70 kg for most of my life

Hi Ann...unless they have walked a day in your shoes they're unlikely to understand...I'm scheduled for Surgery in May and have decided to keep it to myself. I've tried a few different things but none win any lasting success...this option will be the beginning of something that will change things for the better for everyone that takes this path I'm sure...

Hi Ann, I am from NSW too, I had my surgery 13th Feb 2014, My family were I wouldnt say against it but not for it either, they dont understand, simple as that and my mum was just being my mum. I am going into my 4th week post op, I have to say I have had a few hiccups and sometimes I miss eating too but I am 43 and yo yo dieting and exercising my ass off for the rest of my life just wasnt an option for me, I have too many co morbidities that needed addressing ASAP. I am grazing though, I am one of those that still feel hunger and still want to eat, I just cant eat that much at a time, so therefore I find an hour after I eat I am hungry again, Im still off work so I do think that once I go back to work this will settle down. My 19 year old daughter has joined a health fund and plans on doing this surgery herself next year and i will be there to support her when she does. This operation is an individual choice, no one can make this big decision for you. sometimes the pros of having this surgery outweigh the cons if you dont have it

I get that a lot even from family ( why don't you just eat less?) that have seen me go up and down 50-70 kg for most of my life

I am lucky MrMick my husband is very supportive .but it's close friends that don't agree .its best for me that I just do it and don't tell to many people.

Hi Ann...unless they have walked a day in your shoes they're unlikely to understand...I'm scheduled for Surgery in May and have decided to keep it to myself. I've tried a few different things but none win any lasting success...this option will be the beginning of something that will change things for the better for everyone that takes this path I'm sure...

good luck for your surgery in May.i think I will just tell people I am going in for surgery to get my gall bladder removed.i think all of us who decide to get surgery seem to come to the same conclusion that it's time to stop the yo yo dieting and can't face failing at it again

<p>Hi Ann, I am from NSW too, I had my surgery 13th Feb 2014, My family were I wouldnt say against it but not for it either, they dont understand, simple as that and my mum was just being my mum. I am going into my 4th week post op, I have to say I have had a few hiccups and sometimes I miss eating too but I am 43 and yo yo dieting and exercising my ass off for the rest of my life just wasnt an option for me, I have too many co morbidities that needed addressing ASAP. I am grazing though, I am one of those that still feel hunger and still want to eat, I just cant eat that much at a time, so therefore I find an hour after I eat I am hungry again, Im still off work so I do think that once I go back to work this will settle down. My 19 year old daughter has joined a health fund and plans on doing this surgery herself next year and i will be there to support her when she does. This operation is an individual choice, no one can make this big decision for you. sometimes the pros of having this surgery outweigh the cons if you dont have it</p>

Thanks Liss,wishing you great success with your weight loss.i am lucky my husband is supportive, it's- few friends that don't get it.i am 52 and totally feel the same way about exercising and dieting for the rest of my life.10 years ago busted my butt and worked obsessively at a gym to lose 40 kg.in the last few years have put it back on and because of all the over training I have done have ended up with both shoulders operated on and a neck fusion.i can't go back to working that hard again.