Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In need of a buddy :)

Just thought I would throw this out here, don't forget about the 5 day pouch test , or maybe try the 2 week pre op again to kick start your journey again, that's what I have tried , I would do the carb cyclying but my band won't let me as I can not do any doughy stuff , and I a just talking about my journey and experience and if I want a sweet I turn to Atkins candy , but they taste just like the real candy bars I tell my self only 1 and no ore even if I want ore so then I either start to do something else or sleep when I can and it s hard for me because I usually work nights.

How are things going, Julie? Just checking in to see if you are doing okay. I know you are a very busy lady, so no pressure to respond.... Just know I'm still thinking about YOU!

Hi Tammie,

Thanks for the message, I'm doing ok, not having the best of weeks but once I have tomorrow out of the way it's all about ME!! It's been the busiest month at work as in the UK it is tax year end and I work for a large chartered accountants and I do payroll so everyone's taxes have to be submitted by tomorrow so it has been early morning starts and late night finishes!! I am shattered and not really been eating the best but I have done a lot of reflecting over the past couple of weeks and I have decided I am going to quit making cakes for a while, I've got to the point where it's just one big stress when it comes to doing them for other people and with working full time I don't have the time so I am saying NO to cake orders and going to look after ME.. This means health, exercise and family...

I hope you are looking forward to a lovely Easter weekend, we are going away for the weekend to a lovely country house hotel near Whitby which is on the East Coast of England.. Lots of walks and swimming as I think there is a pool at the hotel.. Just some relaxing time with my husband is needed.

Keep in touch and Happy Easter! ????????

hi i need a buddy/help. iwas so psyched about this surgery but now i a readin g about noncompliancccce issues that greatll y concern me. i really want to do this right.plz get in touch.

hi i need a buddy/help. iwas so psyched about this surgery but now i a readin g about noncompliancccce issues that greatll y concern me. i really want to do this right.plz get in touch.

Martha, thing to remember here is this is your journey. You will travel it your way. Their noncompliance isn't yours. Everybody keeps talking about band rules....really isn't any such a thing. Band diet....not really. Your surgeon will set guidelines. You will figure out what works for you. My goal here is to be able to have control with the help of my band. If I want a cheeseburger I have a small one. I don't have the fries but if my grandson has fries and I want one, I take one. It's only a diet until you get control.

Der SandyM:hi again!thansk for the encouragement---i did decide after being on here a few hours thaaat it is my journey.excellent advice on sticking with what my dr. says. some people think the band is magic or something ...it requires W
ORK! i intend to do just that.love and pea ce

I'm certainly here if you need me

SandyM is soooooo right. Each "journey" is unique, with twists, turns, and even plateaus along the way. I am in such a good frame of mind right now as to how I want to continue along my journey. I freed myself from: 1. Totally restrictive "DIETING". 2. My OBSESSION with my scale and weighing. 3. Having a GOAL date. 4. Being a couch potato. 5. Drinking carbonated drinks. I'm like Sandy.... I don't try to eat French fries, for example, and I would not order them. But, if I wanted a few from my son's order, I might just eat a few. I DON'T have any trigger foods in my house. Thus, that alleviates succumbing to a temptation if ever one should arise. I try to have more "good" days ( healthy eating days) than "bad " ones...... And I do. According to MyFitnessPal that I have logged into for eight months now, I do have quite a few great food days. I'm not perfect..... But that's my point.... I'm not going to beat myself over the head on not-so-perfect-days!!!! Best Wishes to all on their own journey to reclaim your health!!

Congrats Tammie...so glad you are still feeling in the GREEN!!!

Congrats julielockwoodjerrett on your loss!!! :D