Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 off in first week pre-op

I went for my pre-admission stuff yesterday (chest x-ray, EKG, bloodwork), and I met with the doctor one last time before surgery. I was down 12 pounds from the 1st week of liquid diet (yay!) Here are some things I am trying to deal with right now:

1. My family is already in panic mode because I lost 12 pounds so quickly....it gets on my nerves because that is the point of the diet. Deep down I feel like it is just a form of jealousy maybe? That because I have been diligent and set my mind to do this they are kind of upset because they thought I would fail? Just thinking out loud.

2. While I was waiting to my paper work I met 2 very nice ladies that are also having the surgery. I was trying to give them encouragement that my good friend (whom I had gone to see before my appointment) had lost down to a size 4 pants since the last of August. They asked what size she was to start with and since I am not totally sure I guessed a 16-18 (she is short). There were negative comments about why did she even have it done- I wish I was a 16-18. Well, I am a size 16 (also short)....I qualified for surgery.......I feel terrible physically and know that this is the tool I need to get my life back on track. It just made me feel bad and like people will be judgmental because I did not wait until I was much larger to make this decision. I have not told a lot of people I am doing it but I expect that they will know something is up fairly quick (I hope so anyway :) ) I know, I know, quit worrying about what people think. I do let myself do that sometimes and I just thought if I got it off my chest here (and maybe hear from some of you that have dealt with this) it would make me feel more prepared to deal with it.

Have a great afternoon!!!!

Great job! If your family feels like that was too much weight for one week, well, they're going to be in for a rude awakening I'm sure. And most of it is Water weight anyway. Still awesome and encouraging nonetheless! Best of luck, when is your big day?

Monday, March 10- I am so excited! I am not as nervous now as I once was. Yes, I think they are in for a rude awakening LOL (I will be smiling the whole time).

Great job, mommyof3!!!

I agree with kb88, they'll need to buckle up and hold on for your journey to hotness!! Congrats!

I started at a size 16/18 and I completely agree with you. Contrary to what others say, most people say things like that because they really don't want others to succeed more then them. Just because I was a size 16, doesn't mean I was healthy at 229 pounds. Only we know how we feel and what our desires are. Kudos to you for taking the steps needed to be the best you can be. I had my surgery & I don't regret anything. I look forward to being healthy, happy and a size smaller than 16/18!

What a great start! :) Don't let negative people be joy suckers.

Thanks everyone! I am determined to give myself a joy back in life that has been lost. Little by little this weight crept up on me and has caused me joint pain, incontinence, and just overall lack of confidence. I am a people person and it is holding me back from being who I know I am. I will just have to smile and go about my business when people want to be negative. I can't wait to feel like a hotty for my hubby again, LOL!