Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does "full" feel like to you?

I often get a little pain in my chest, do you guys ever get that? If not, what are your "enough" signs.

I used to get the same twinge of pain/discomfort but now it's more like how I felt preop when I was full...occasionally I'll get hiccups. But for the most part I feel pretty "normal" now lol!

Well, it's taken me months but I am actually getting better at stopping right before full.

Full for me is gross feeling, like I'm going to explode, barf, and poop simultaneously. I'll also sneeze and hiccup. I have to walk after a meal like this for 30 minutes or more before I feel better.

Now the funny thing is that ONE bite can push me over the edge. How weird is that?

So now I shoot for not full, but where I'm losing interest in my meal. If I particularly like what I am eating, that's where it gets difficult to tell when to stop.

I now use a timer app on my phone, set to 1 minute between bites. It's helped a lot.

I often get a little pain in my chest, do you guys ever get that? If not, what are your "enough" signs.

Yes right below my sternum. When I eat too fast or too much or something that doesn't agree with me (eggs).

For me, full feels...well, full. Like NMJG, I have learned to eat to where I'm not hungry anymore rather than to where I am full. Keeps me from getting over-full.

Over-full feels like someone punched me in the stomach :( And it only takes one more tiny bite to get over full. It took me a while to figure out I need to stop before I get over full -- for many months I was likely to put in my mouth that one last bite, only to think better of it and spit it into a napkin. It took a while, but I've learned. Now I can stop before over full.

And sometimes I have one super loud, unannounced, uncontrollable hiccup. That's embarrassing! ;) but thankfully it hasn't happened in public!

I'm almost 4 years out. Full feels exactly like it did pre surgery. My stomach is warm and I can feel the sensation of food there. In the first year full also felt uncomfortable and sometimes it made me nauseaus. Like the other poster, if I go a bit over my full signal, particularly with Protein foods, I feel very uncomfortable and I can no longer concentrate on anything but the discomfort, can't listen to the conversation or talk. I learned early on not to let myself go that far.

Although I don't have much in the way of hunger, I do get head hunger and want to eat for taste, entertainment, or texture. I have to watch out for that. I also sometimes want food when I'm full.

When I get "Full" it feels like my stomach is going to explode. It's one feeling I don't like, so I eat very slow and tiny bites, when I drink I take sips, this seems to help. Another feeling I don't like is when I get hungry, my stomach growls so loud and it actually feels like I got kicked in the stomach, and I at times feel like I'm going to pass out.

I just eat a certain amount of food, and quit. It satisfies me. I feel the more I eat the more I want to eat. So I try to make sure I do not overeat.

I start to hiccup and the food is not appealing to me anymore. Especially with Protein ..I get full real fast with chicken, pork. , beef ..feel like a rock in my tummy even if I chew well. I listen to my Tummy now. And it helps before I get uncomfortable. I keep to 4-6 oz if food. So I don't get to the point of over stretching my stomach. If I eat too fast , which I do sometimes, I feel very uncomfortable and feel sick. I need to get a timer to slow my paste.

Miss Tummy has taught me to eat slower and take a minute between bites. She talks to me, and I had better listen, because she is my food boss now. I was told by the surgeon that I should eat 1/3 cup of Protein and two tablespoons of whatever my veggie or fruit is going to be. Miss Tummy made her own adjustment and reminds me to NEVER eat that last bite!

My signals that it is time to stop are:

1. A "Tupperware" burp

2. A yawn

3. A belch (very loud, surprises even me sometimes)

4. A sneeze

I got away from measuring and just started to eyeball my servings, but it was too easy to put too much on my plate, so I am back to measuring. If I transgress, Miss Tummy makes me suffer for about four hours. Lesson learned.

My nose starts to run.

A Hiccup and if I go too far, pain btwn my shoulder blades.

My sternum really hurt right after surgery, even when walking. it's getting better now but still hurts when I take too big a sip of something

I get a pain in my left shoulder if I overdue it. Very uncomfortable. It's referred pain via the phrenic nerve. Otherwise I just eat tll hunger satisfied and learn to take time to avoid that feeling. Burping usually signals it's time to stop. I am a year out.