Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you want to do most when you reach goal?

This is a topic that's been on my mind for a while, and one of the driving factors leading me to WLS. I remember not too many years ago having the "full" life experience--hiking, taking family pictures, going on cruises, etc.--and not having to be ashamed of myself for any of it. Recently, I've withdrawn from most of those things and put my life on hold because of weight.

I've already decided that, about a year down the road when my weight loss makes me feel like a human being again and I want to dress up, get out, and walk, I'm taking the family for a trip to Disney World. I plan on having the full experience--rides, souvenirs, and of course, pictures taken to commemorate the event.

What, if any, is your big plan for when you reach goal? It could be 5K, cruise, or anything....

Have both knees replaced and get back into tennis. I could have done it this year/summer if I could have pulled the trigger to have my knee surgeries but I chickened out.

tmf

All your goals for the future sound very reachable.You do have a lot to look forward to.

My goal, because of being so vain, is getting a Tummy Tuck & then going on a wild clothes shopping trip.

Nice,positive question. Thanks

All your goals for the future sound very reachable.You do have a lot to look forward to.

My goal, because of being so vain, is getting a Tummy Tuck & then going on a wild clothes shopping trip.

Nice,positive question. Thanks

I love catnaps :D

Have both knees replaced and get back into tennis. I could have done it this year/summer if I could have pulled the trigger to have my knee surgeries but I chickened out.

tmf

I don't blame you about being gun shy about the knee surgeries; those are actually a huge (if necessary) operation on one of the body's largest joints. My husband had a knee problem and lived with it for about 8 years until he was scheduled for a knee surgery with a cadaver tendon (torn meniscus). He was booked with one of the city's leading ortho physicians too--the guy had worked on a whole sports team. Unfortunately, he developed a DVT/blood clot that has stayed present at that knee and bothered him to the present day.

I'm not trying to scare you, just sharing our story. But I would recommend, if you pursue knee surgery, asking the Dr. what DVT prophylaxis they offer. Some do, some don't, but since the knee is near major veins I think it's important to keep that in mind when they get in there and mess with them.

I want to go to a full service spa. and get my whole body scrubbed, waxed and tenderized. once I do that I am going to a Water park and actually go down the slides. and than my final wanna do is magic mountain in southern California. I want to ride a roller coaster there again.

Oh, this is such an excellent thread; thank you Skywalker for starting it. Prior to my lapband surgery, I wrote a list of everything I wanted to achieve by using my tool to its fullest. I'd suggest every preop do the same (no matter what the WLS) and refer to this list often.

I don't have my list in front of me, but I recall the highlights were more mobility, less ankle pain (I sustained a trimalleor fracture in 2010 that I never recovered from, painwise), a more-aesthetically pleasing exterior, better sex (probably those two are correlated!), and more energy.

I'm not yet at goal, but I've hit all of those benchmarks (not that I'd stop now, but I'm glad I'm experiencing them already) and had some surprising new ones come along as my weight descends and my confidence rises. I'm much more socially comfortable, and do social things that were way outside my comfort zone when I was 263 pounds. I travelled to Morocco last fall which was a life-long dream, and something I never would have done at 263 pounds. (I would not have had the mobility to walk in the Sahara, or explore the Casbahs which require much climbing on uneven surfaces.)

I would say that want I want most when I reach my goal is actually intangible: the feeling of moving through the world effortlessly and confidently...unremarkably, really. I want to no longer be "that fat woman" who has so many workarounds to her fatness. Just want to feel fierce and comfortable in my own skin.

I have already done some of my bucket list.. went to Colorado last summer to a dude ranch .. rode horse, herded cattle, spent the night under the stars. this year we are going to Alaska.. cruising from seattle to Alaska. I want to see the whales, see the glaciers and just enjoy a cruise without worrying about gaining 20 lbs. I am more active and way happier than I have been for at least 25 years. went to a horsemanship training show all weekend, bought some neat clothes and new boots.. its a great feeling to be able to buy things in a normal size.. love it.

This is a topic that's been on my mind for a while, and one of the driving factors leading me to WLS. I remember not too many years ago having the "full" life experience--hiking, taking family pictures, going on cruises, etc.--and not having to be ashamed of myself for any of it. Recently, I've withdrawn from most of those things and put my life on hold because of weight.

I've already decided that, about a year down the road when my weight loss makes me feel like a human being again and I want to dress up, get out, and walk, I'm taking the family for a trip to Disney World. I plan on having the full experience--rides, souvenirs, and of course, pictures taken to commemorate the event.

What, if any, is your big plan for when you reach goal? It could be 5K, cruise, or anything....

besides (living)

i would love to have a TT and my upper arm bat wings (removed)

not sure if my military insurance will do that but that is what i would want..

and lets not forget a new pair of 6 inch heels :)

I hadn't really planned anything. I do think I would like to go to an amusement park and ride some roller coasters. I want to be in shape enough to take a trip to the Grand Canyon and be able to do some of the hiking trails.