Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:( 15 MONTHS OUT ONLY 60 LBS DOWN 80 TO GO! :(

I totally take most of the blame for this but I don't know what to do anymore and I need help!

I haven't been on this sight in ages due to embarrassment. I have however joined a nice support group on Facebook that has been a great support for me.

So here is the deal:

6 months out I kinda fell off the wagon I ate what I wanted just smaller portions and I quit working out regularly. At that time I was about 240. Well mid summer I got back in gear and lost 10 more lbs. Then fall and the holidays came around and I found myself back in the lull and got discouraged.

The first of January I started back up excersisng 3-4 times a week. Then the begining of Febuary I joined myfitnesspal and got on a 1200 calorie diet.

I have only lost 2lbs since then! It is kind of discouraging and actually I have been back and forth between 232 and sometimes I get back down to 228 but I bounce right back up! I am beyound frustrated! I leave for a Florida vacation next week and I am going to quit stressing but once I get back I was thinking of doing Atkins and maybe the T25 work out?

I don't know what else to do?

I went to my PCP and had blood drawn and all the results were normal.

My surgen I feel kind of left me high and dry I have never been informed of post op meetings. (but I found out they offer them) Also I moved and when I did I lost all of the paper work or "misplaced" it on what I am suppossed to be eating.

I think I eat way to much for my stomach?

I still have crazy hunger pains!

I feel like the only non-sucess story out there. I mean yes I lost weight but I should be near my goal by now. I just feel like crying because I feel like I am back where I started before surgery.

I know it's just a tool but I don't think I was given the right instructions to use this tool correctly. I am not saying I needed to be babied but I did need more support from the hospital and surgen to succeed!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway any one else out there like me or know someone like me?

What did you/they do?

In your shoes I'd give this a try: http://5daypouchtest.com/

There will always be an excuse we can come up with such as "then fall and the holidays came" or "I'm going to Florida next week but when I get back" or "the surgeon didn't tell me about meetings". This kind of thinking is how we allow ourselves to go back to old habits. Stop looking for reasons and start right now tracking food, getting in Protein first and in the right amounts and minimizing carbs.

Please don't think I am being harsh. I recognize a lot of the same thinking in myself sometimes and when I do I try to kick my own azz and tell myself there will always be a reason or excuse for me not doing the hard work. You can do this. Keep coming back to this site for support. Good luck.

Are you eating a lot of carbs? That's probably the first thing to cut out IMO

It's good your tracking again. That always helps me. The pouch test helped me reboot and get back to basics. And then focus on Protein and Water. Don't be ashamed. You know what to do you just need to do it. Getting back to the gym and tracking is awesome. One day at a time!!

Well thanks for the advice.

First off I said I take most of the blame this is not my surgons fault I agree but they also did not give me the support like I have seen other surgens offices do that;'s what I meant. I felt abandonded. Just here is youre sleeve no go figure it out. Wasnt that the point of this to learn how to do things for support on how to use it to our advantage?

I DID the pouch test I lost 5 lbs and it came right back on. I know my stomach works right now though.

I am NOT making excusses now I am just telling you what happened this year because I WAS then.

I think you all miss read this.

I AM on a 1200 Calorie diet and I stay under 50 carbs a day about 100 grams of Protein.

I work out 3-4 times a week I do a strength cardio work out.

I have been great for 2 months. I am concerned about not loosing anything now?

What I meant about waiting till I get back on Florida is I will start Atkins or some kind of new work out plan.

I WILL still use my fitness pal and I will get plenty of excersie while I am there.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue? I KNOW I SCREWED UP!

But I am doing good now and I jkust don't understand it?

I would suggest getting in touch with a dietician that specializes in bariatrics to help you get back on track. Maybe even meeting once a month and weighing in with them would be helpful. I think it would make you accountable. I also found friends on my fitness pal that had surgery near the same time as me. It helps me feel accountable and gives me meal ideas and support.

I agree about getting in touch with a Dietician. Especially if you feel your back on track and not losing anymore weight. Maybe get in touch with your primary Dr and have some blood work drawn. Make sure all that is normal.....

Edited by webbRN78

What does the pouch test involve?

I got no additional support from my surgeon or nut after surgery. I took all my advice from my preop sessions and this site. If I can, you can as I am no one special. :).

I disagree...i think your pretty special.... ;-)

Shel

I got no additional support from my surgeon or nut after surgery. I took all my advice from my preop sessions and this site. If I can, you can as I am no one special. :).

Who told you that you are not special? Lemme know, I'll rough 'em up and set 'em straight! ;)

What does the pouch test involve?

http://5daypouchtest.com/ it's not a long read.