Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you loose on you preop liquid diet?

Hi everyone. I am on day 6 of my liquid diet. I was just curious to see how much weight people were able to loose before surgery. Thanks so much.

I'm pre op. I have to do 4 months of pre op. Just started month 3. And so far I'm down 33lbs. Good luck to you

My ins and Dr did not require me to lose weight post op, but I used Protein Shakes and bars to replace some of my meals and lost 10 lbs right before surgery. I think it helped me with the adjustment of post op. Had 3 weeks liquid, 3 weeks puréed and 3 weeks soft food.< /p>

I only had to do a two week reduced calorie diet. I lost 6 pounds during those two weeks. Best Wishes!!

My surgeon had me to Atkins induction phase for 2 weeks prior tp surgery. I just had to keep carbs below 20. I lost 17lbs.

My ins and Dr did not require me to lose weight post op, but I used Protein Shakes and bars to replace some of my meals and lost 10 lbs right before surgery. I think it helped me with the adjustment of post op. Had 3 weeks liquid, 3 weeks puréed and 3 weeks soft food.< /p>

My doctor didn't require me to lose pre-op but, like you, I did it anyway. I lost 11 pounds pre-op by using Atkins shakes. It was 11 pounds I didn't need to lose after surgery. I agree, it seemed to help me adjust more easily, too. :-)

15 GLORIOUS pound!!!..I think I was more excited about that, then all the weight loss there after. I hadn't lost that much weight so fast IN YEARS!!!.. I jumped for joy about that little 15'er

Terry, we have almost the same statics. My weight loss has been slow, but good for 3-1/2 mos post op. I am happy now and not concerned with the numbers like I was in the beginning. I wish I had taken my measurements in the beginning so I could see that loss. Just have to go by the clothes I get rid of because they are now too big.

Terry, we have almost the same statics. My weight loss has been slow, but good for 3-1/2 mos post op. I am happy now and not concerned with the numbers like I was in the beginning. I wish I had taken my measurements in the beginning so I could see that loss. Just have to go by the clothes I get rid of because they are now too big.

My surgery was 5/30/13 - nine months ago. I started at 233lbs (5' tall), size 22-24, 2x-3x tops, size 9 1/2W shoe (mainly for my fat feet). I followed my docs instructions a closely as I possibly could and lost steadily (though I thought it was slow, in hindsight it was not). I never stalled until Christmas immediately after I hit 100lbs lost. For six-seven weeks I didn't lose anything, then a couple weeks ago I finally started again. I'm currently at 108lbs lost. I'm in a size 8 and a small top. My shoe size is 8 (no more wide width!). No more cholesterol meds, snoring stopped, back/knee/foot pain gone! I have lots of energy and self-confidence. I never took my measurements or took before pictures. I was too embarrassed and ashamed and wanted no reminders of my misery. I'm only looking forward - no looking back allowed! I'm looking forward to summer for the FIRST TIME EVER!

Judy, it's not too late for you to track your measurements. It sounds like you're doing great. Always keep a positive attitude and Celebrate all your successes, not just the pounds loss. I felt every day that there was something else to be happy about even if it was a small thing. I wanted to Celebrate when I was able to paint my own toes! Just think - by summer you could be exactly where you want to be! How exciting! So much to look forward to! Keep up the great work! :-)

15 lbs. but they pumped me so full of gas and fluids I gained it all back in the hospital.

I have been on a modified liquid diet for 9 days now ( I get one healthy choice frozen meal a day) and have already lost 13 lbs! It is really hard and I struggled very much the first week but now it seems to be getting easier. Although I still want to cry every time I see a Carl's Jr commercial! LOL

I was not required weight loss by insurance but lost 14lbs during the 6 months of pre op testing and nutrition classes then 10lbs during the week of liquids just before surgery in January...and 45lbs since surgery. Hallelujah!

I had the 4-5 Protein shakes with broth, Jello and sugar-free popsicles diet for 12 days before surgery. I lost 18 pounds. As a side note, it was really hard at first but became relatively easier. I even questioned if I needed surgery because the weight was pouring off so well. LOL. I needed surgery. Anyhow, I really learned a lot about myself and I do think it helped put me in the right frame of mind for my surgery, too.

I had to do two weeks and lost 13 lbs, I was back up after surgery but less than two weeks post op I am down 21. My doctor told me the purpose of his two week pre op diet is not to lose wt, but to get used to putting Protein first and mainly to shrink the fatty liver